• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Chorazin

Amazon still hasn't shipped my console. :(

Not a huge deal because I'm picking the LE game up from GameStop at midnight tomorrow. :)

They haven't shipped any of my stuff yet, but they never ship release date stuff until early Monday morning for me. I have the console, the LE game, and the LE strategy guide all coming from there.

I canceled my pre-order for the LE console, I really don't need a fourth 360 xD

But I'd like to have one of those controllers (which I don't think will be sold separately); so, if any of you wants to pay the console a little less I'll gladly buy one of the controllers (EU-only).

GamerSoul

I was watching a stream the other day and I noticed the guy was reloading faster. Is that a real skill in the game or was the stream just messing with me?

GamerSoul

there's an armor mod called dexterity that makes reload speed and weapon switch speed faster

Yeah, it's the Dexterity support upgrade. It's a must-have.

Alright cool. Thanks for the replies. That could definitely be if use.

Yeah, that's one of the loadout options. There are other ones like shields recharging faster.

So many options, it will feel good to have that customization in gun fights that last more than 1.2 secs.

Kud Dukan

I canceled my pre-order for the LE console, I really don't need a fourth 360 xD

But I'd like to have one of those controllers (which I don't think will be sold separately); so, if any of you wants to pay the console a little less I'll gladly buy one of the controllers (EU-only).

I'm seriously considering picking up that console. I'll have a bit of extra money coming in this month, and I can probably sell that copy of the game it comes with.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
This may have already been posted in here at some point, but Best Buy has a deal running through 11/17 where you can get the standard edition, a 13-month Gold subscription card and 800 MS points for $100 ($30 savings). Pretty good value, especially considering a lot of peoples' XBL renewals are in November/December.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Can anyone tell if player models are actually reflected in the first person view? One of my small OCD gripes with reach is that (with melee) you could see a bare shoulder, even if you had equipped your spartan with something.

MrBig

Can anyone tell if player models are actually reflected in the first person view? One of my small OCD gripes with reach is that (with melee) you could see a bare shoulder, even if you had equipped your spartan with something.

Yes, you can see your shins, feet, wrist, and forearm armor. Not sure about shoulder but I would assume so

Your OCD can rest easy, though the glimpses of it are rare even your shoulder is reflected properly to what you equipped.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Lé Blade Runner;43957364 said:
Man.. Watching this is making my stomach churn in excitement...

Seriously, the initial spawn on the current game of dominion was awesome. Banshee taking a curve, some dude lazing a Ghost, and a hog going the other direction on the far side of the map... Looked like a campaign shot tbh

Sai-kun

Banned
The railgun gives me all kinds of nerd chills. I got the winning kill on an infinity match last night by catching a dude in a Ghost by surprise, and I absolutely destroyed him. So good.

It's not semantics at all. It's not bleed through. You are factually wrong.

How do you know your not wrong and that its just bleed through? For the sake of discussion it really is just semantics though as if the BR can kill through shields it behaves as if it has bleedthrough - so for the sake of gameplay its the same thing.

RedSwirl

So I'm guessing this game won't have bots? With Black Ops, Gears, Killzone, and Counter-Strike you'd think it's becoming a standard again.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
How do you know your not wrong and that its just bleed through? For the sake of discussion it really is just semantics though as if the BR can kill through shields it behaves as if it has bleedthrough - so for the sake of gameplay its the same thing.

I disagree?

BR is a three shot burst. You can literally pop the shields with one bullet, miss the second, and get a headshot with the third... or just pop the shields and miss two bullets all together.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

If it's the other two bullets it's not bleedthrough. That's the point. It may "behave like it" to you, but it's factually NOT bleedthrough since a single bullet from the 3 round burst can't kill through shields. One of the other two rounds has to hit after the shields drop.

I disagree?

BR is a three shot burst. You can literally pop the shields with one bullet, miss the second, and get a headshot with the third... or just pop the shields and miss two bullets all together.

This.

The semantics come in whether or not you define it per shot or per individual bullet. You can strip shields and kill in the same BR shot is the point ultimately, like you always could. Nerdy bleed through argument aside.

A general problem I've had with Halo games on console is the aim sensitivity. I can't find one a setting that suits me. If there is an enemy at a distance, trying to first get him in my aim takes two touches on the right stick, and thats when he is stationary.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
The semantics come in whether or not you define it per shot or per individual bullet. You can strip shields and kill in the same BR shot is the point ultimately, like you always could. Nerdy bleed through argument aside.

The fact of the matter is you were talking about bleedthrough and it's not. Now you're simply redefining the conversation to shots to kill. The "nerdy bleedthrough" argument was the argument YOU were trying to make.

Stubo

I'm not sure how I feel about Halo leaning towards the CoD perk system, but this doesn't appear too ridiculous so far.

Top Bottom