• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Zeal

Banned
The people on Machinima saying things like "This is so gay" and such is not very professional or cool. I am not one of those sensitive people who go around calling people a bigot (I actually despise the accusation, and political correctness in general), but the language on this stream is deplorable.

If I were 343i, I would not want my game associated in any way with such behavior.

Fucking douches on this stream, I swear.

Havok

Cross posting from the community Halo thread:

I wrote up some impressions of Halo 4. I would have posted it here but it's just over 3400 words long. I don't know why. I talk a lot. Please forgive typos. It is long.

It's a good video game.

MrBig

Delved deeper into my H4 order with the MS Store

Halo 4 for Xbox 360

Delivery Option: Ship it
Quantity: 1
Product release date: Sat Nov 03 20:00:00 CDT 2012

Hopefully that means they're shipping it tonight monday and I wont be left out in the rain for 3 days :)

Paradicia

The people on Machinima saying things like "This is so gay" and such is not very professional or cool. I am not one of those sensitive people who go around calling people a bigot (I actually despise the accusation, and political correctness in general), but the language on this stream is deplorable.

If I were 343i, I would not want my game associated in any way with such behavior.

Ironic that you mention that. I switched off the stream when all they could seem to talk about was how phallic a tree looked in comparison to a "flood dick" on the exile map. The commentary is really obnoxious.

Alright there, buddy, I can tell you care.

When is Amazon (NA) going to start shipping our their Halo orders?
Probably Monday, right? We won't get it till Tuesday afternoon if my memory serves me correcty (I rarely order release day on amazon)

He was talking more about the bigotfully stupid "gay" comments. The streamers talk like highschoolers.

Well, video game journalism and all that. It's not professional, but thats what it always sounds like when you talk to players on live in any game.

Halo 4 lithograph from Best Buy:

746E6243-BC31-4ABB-A6E0-97E909BEFB64-1158-000001A92409FAA7.jpg

DirtyLary

My thoughts too. When they started the whole "bacon dick" chants playing as the FLood, I had to log. Pretty pathetic for such a professional company.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Hmm, Troubling...
Xbox just shut off for literally no reason. Wouldn't turn back on until i "reset" the power brick.
I had a mini heart attack.

I've just started to play through the campaign and what I immediately realised was that, regardless of the situation John is going through (explosions, falling down, coming out stasis), his tone and pacing of voice always remains the same. Wasn't the voice actor given a script of the scene (describing the situation) so he could replicate it? Or is it just a Spartan thing?

tch

I agree that the people hosting it are terrible but sometimes there are some decent groups. The guys right now are bearable. The fat guy with the neck beard and the Asian kid that started flood dick were horrendous. I hope machinima set down some guidelines after that debacle.

To those that have played campaign, how awesome is the water?
It's pretty coo'. Reacts like the water in 3 without looking like jelly.

I've just started to play through the campaign and what I immediately realised was that, regardless of the situation John is going through (explosions, falling down, coming out stasis), his tone and pacing of voice always remains the same. Wasn't the voice actor given a script of the scene (describing the situation) so he could replicate it? Or is it just a Spartan thing?
Spartan thang.

exYle

For anyone watching the Machinima stream pretty consistently: has Kovic (DeadPixel) hosted more than once? He's the only one I enjoy watching play.
Actually, Sark's not a bad guy. Has Sark hosted more than once?

r_c_takedown

Neo Member
Wait so did I just read that BTB does not have any objective games? WTF!

BTB is totally meant for objective game types, I was afraid of this with how weighted slayer and heavies are in Reach. This is some BS if you ask me. Hopefully there will be a quick playlist update soon after launch that throws some good old CTF (I mean come on, yo have Valhalla back and that map was made for awesome 2 flag games) in there, but as of now I'm quite angry with this.
That's outrageous. BTB was made for objective!

I think that one of the best things in online Halo is having a team of 8 people working towards capturing a flag or planting a bomb. It makes for some of the most exciting experiences in the game imo. I suppose with Reach there was a lot of controversy about holding the objective and stat padding, but i don't think that was enough to warrant removing objective gametypes from the BTB playlist.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

After all the shit he's been through, I don't even think it's a spartan thing at this point. Dudes has the fate of the galaxy in his hands more than a few times.

GamerSoul

Hmm, Troubling...
Xbox just shut off for literally no reason. Wouldn't turn back on until i "reset" the power brick.
I had a mini heart attack.

My 360 stopped reading disc a few weeks ago, I almost cried alittle. I had to open it and everything, got it working fortunately. I needz mah Halo 4.

From the vids I've seen so far, it's looking really good from the MP side.

Top Bottom