• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

For those who have played with it - what's the point of the Pulse Grenades?
Denial of entry to a doorway or small corridor. Id say theyre more of a defensive option than frags or plasmas. similar to an anti magic generator in shadowrun if youve played that

Trey

lol, 170 seconds.

That reminds me of Halo 2 when one of my friends got killed by the guardians and his respawn was a ludicrous 4 digit number.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
How is it that with every Halo game that comes out, half of Gaf somehow gets it early? Happens each time. :(

I'm both extremely excited and dreadfully apprehensive about playing this game online. I played a lot of SWAT in Reach (the only Halo I've dabbled in competitively), but I seldom touched Slayer, which is a completely different beast with a pretty punishing learning curve.

Anything I should know and treat as gospel?

wwm0nkey

I'm both extremely excited and dreadfully apprehensive about playing this game online. I played a lot of SWAT in Reach (the only Halo I've dabbled in competitively), but I seldom touched Slayer, which is a completely different beast with a pretty punishing learning curve.

this game is a lot more welcoming to new players.

HiiiLife

I have left over cash to buy the season pass.. But I personally have had bad experiences with passes. Gears, CoD.. Maps I didn't like..

I'll be sure to see what actual map pack looks like before I decide to purchase this time around.

GrizzNKev

Banned

Pretty much situation -> weapon. It's not about being first or fastest. It's about being equipped correctly.

HiiiLife

Control the power weapons. Since you played Swat I'm assuming you're good with headshots. Make sure to get that final headshot off when you 4shot someone's shield.

And also.. Work on the strafe. Lol. You can always get the first shot off but if the opposition is strafing like an ice skater, you're out of luck. Haha.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Okay, this is VERY concerning.

Twice tonight my Xbox shut off completely, power brick and all. 360S model.

Two days until Halo 4 launches and i'm having console issues... just my luck.

JimiNutz

Banned
I've only ever really dabbled in Halo mp and am an average (at best) player with maybe a 1.1 k/d ratio on Reach.

Anyway, will Halo 4 on the way I decided to jump back into mp.
Been playing the Anniversary playlist and am having so much fun.

I never played any CE mp but this mode is by far my favourite version of Halo mp. The movement speed is so much better, there are no annoying AA and the pistol is amazing. So much more fun for me with some epic magnum shoot outs.

Are there going to be any modes in Halo 4 that are similar to this?
Are any weapons similar in power to the pistol? I also like the DMR in normal Reach mp. Is the Halo 4 DMR any different? More/less powerful?

leng jai

It blows my mind Halo can get 5000 replies before the game even launches when half of the other OTs barely break 2000 in their entire lifespan. Are half of you guys just complaining about how your online preorder won't shop up on release day?

Having said that...it would be nice if stores sold in early in Australia tomorrow.

Fjordson

Yeah, I'm a little apprehensive also. Probably going to be terrible =[

I mean I played Halo 1-3 for years and years on Live (or at least on Xbox Connect with Halo 1) but I barely touched Reach. Just wasn't too into the multiplayer for some reason. Hopefully 4 grabs me like 1-3 did.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Yeah, I'm a little apprehensive also. Probably going to be terrible =[

Quite a few players are going to be out of their game during the first few days of Halo 4, at least. Most of the control schemes look pretty different with the inclusion of sprint as a base trait along with AA's.

I know for a fact i'll be hitting buttons expecting to reload or crouch with the complete opposite happening :\

Thanks for the advice. I really enjoyed SWAT. I could flex my FPS muscle with more ease in there than in Slayer; there's just way more to account for, which is something that takes practice to hone, obviously. Oh, well. Game looks fun as balls, so I'm going to give it my all. It's been quite a while since I've been heavily invested in some competitive shootbang action.

NekoFever

Awesome, I just finished Cryptum the other day, attempting to power through Primordium before launch. Hoping it too ties in with the game pretty well. Any insight into this? Sans spoilers of course.
Less so than Cryptum. It's more about the Halo rings than Forerunner culture. It's got a strong connection to the Halo games, but less so Halo 4 specifically.

mcfrank

And finished the campaign on heroic. I have liked all of the campaigns except Halo 2 (still mad about that ending) and I would put this on the same level has Halo 3 and reach as far as game play. 343's story telling is much better than Bungies in the cut scenes IMO. Graphics and animations are pretty God like from a 7 year old machine. Impressive stuff. This game certainly makes me want to catch back up on the novels (I never finished cole protocol, but read all of them from before that).

took approx 9 hours on heroic. I would say difficulty on heroic is a little higher than previous games.

It blows my mind Halo can get 5000 replies before the game even launches when half of the other OTs barely break 2000 in their entire lifespan. Are half of you guys just complaining about how your online preorder won't shop up on release day?

Having said that...it would be nice if stores sold in early in Australia tomorrow.

the crazy part is that most of halogaf is in the community thread. This thread would be at 10k by now if we didn't stay there.

The Halo brethren are divided, but soon we shall all be united under the Sun. Soon, we will perform wonders.

Shit, we filled up a lot more than that. You haven't seen the Community threads, have you? We're up to Halo |OT11| now. Combined with the Reach OT's, I think that's the 18th or something.

r_c_takedown

Neo Member
Less than 24 hours indeed. Silly me buying it online though, i don't even know if i'll have it on the release day. Australia post is blowing it with their delivery tracking.

I didn't play Reach that much online, but I played over 2500 matches of Halo 3 back in the day. I spent most of my time playing SWAT - I absolutely loved it, and once I got into it I had a hard time going back to regular Team Slayer. I was a bit above average, I guess, with my skill-level hovering around 47-48, but I was never amazing ( and unfortunately never will be, although I won't let that bother me ).

If everything goes according to plan. I should have the game tomorrow. Problem is, I have an exam this Friday. The smart thing to do would be to study right now instead if doing nothing. Were it so easy.

Woorloog

Banned
Lé Blade Runner;43951369 said:
I didn't play Reach that much online, but I played over 2500 matches of Halo 3 back in the day. I spent most of my time playing SWAT - I absolutely loved it, and once I got into it I had a hard time going back to regular Team Slayer. I was a bit above average, I guess, with my skill-level hovering around 47-48, but I was never amazing ( and unfortunately never will be, although I won't let that bother me ).

40+ is more than above average in Halo 3, majority of people stuck to 30ish or under. IIRC. Of course there was some rank inflation.

ThankeeSai

Plywood made a .gif out of the best moment in my video, I feel it deserved a repost over here :)
biffbam14dma.gif

Niiiice.

Fun story - I have the announcer from Halo saying "Double Kill" as the alert tone for Voxer on my phone. Just as I was watching that gif and you got the double kill, my friend sent me a message which set off the "Double Kill" alert tone :)

Nice timing!

Quite a few players are going to be out of their game during the first few days of Halo 4, at least. Most of the control schemes look pretty different with the inclusion of sprint as a base trait along with AA's.

I know for a fact i'll be hitting buttons expecting to reload or crouch with the complete opposite happening :\

I've been jumping between MP in 3 and Reach the last couple of weeks and the change in default control schemes is maddening. I've become extremely comfortable with the Reach scheme and going back to the h3 scheme is tough.

Do we have any infomration on how the melee mechanic works with shields? More like Reach, or more like 3?

I want to start my stream again, but yesterday afternoon when I was streaming a Twitch guy told me I need authorization to do so.

I emailed three people at Twitch about it, and nobody has gotten back to me. It's kind of annoying at this point since I would really like to stream for y'all.

So how effective is the damage power up in the ordinance package?

Damage boost is insane!

Melee is (I think) a one hit kill, Sniper rifle is a one hit kill, etc.

My friend and I paired up a damage boost with a saw (he had the saw, so I gave him damage boost) and it was an unstoppable combo. It will be really interesting to see how people use ordnance to take down objectives. I could see a team all holding onto their ordnance and then using them all at once while rushing a flag/hill/etc.

m23

I've been jumping between MP in 3 and Reach the last couple of weeks and the change in default control schemes is maddening. I've become extremely comfortable with the Reach scheme and going back to the h3 scheme is tough.

Do we have any infomration on how the melee mechanic works with shields? More like Reach, or more like 3?

Bleed through is back, like Halo 3. I am really happy with that.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
new models and megathrusters didnt seem to improve flood mode a whole lot. looks basically the same to me.

Top Bottom