• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

willow ve

I'm pretty sure no one has ANY DLC. I've been backing out of lobbies for 90 minutes (only playing games I'm forced into via JIP) and I have yet to encounter a single game on any DLC map. Give the maps away already.

I'm pretty sure no one has ANY DLC. I've been backing out of lobbies for 90 minutes (only playing games I'm forced into via JIP) and I have yet to encounter a single game on any DLC map. Give the maps away already.

The people playing Halo 4 are the people who only have Halo 4, you think they can ALSO afford the DLC? lol.

Is that the same one ragnarok was talking about a while ago? Yeah it's weird.

Where you play big team regicide? It happens a lot I'll randomly loss the crown for no reason for it to pop back when I'm near death.

The one i saw was Elizabeth from Bioshock (or zoey from L4D) and a Male Elite sans armor.

I swear 90% of my JIP matches are on settler, with a ridiculous advantage to the other team. Then I quit and get banned from match making and halo 4 goes back in hiding for another week or two in the cabinet.

willow ve

The voting options in CTF are so bad. You have 3 slots, give us 3 maps. Stop with this horrible choices like Settler, Settler, Ragnarok. No one wants to play on Settler. Even the meta game of voting is more frustrating than dealing with the randomness of the actual mutliplayer experience.

For any given match I swear I have to back out of 5+ lobbies in a row due to shit map choices.
not to mention, why is CTF still 5v5?
feels like halo?

Booties

Banned
The voting options in CTF are so bad. You have 3 slots, give us 3 maps. Stop with this horrible choices like Settler, Settler, Ragnarok. No one wants to play on Settler. Even the meta game of voting is more frustrating than dealing with the randomness of the actual mutliplayer experience.

For any given match I swear I have to back out of 5+ lobbies in a row due to shit map choices.
not to mention, why is CTF still 5v5?
feels like halo?

I've been lucky to avoid settler in the last few days. I wouldn't vote though, just back out if you see it. You can always change your network to local if you are fast enough when you are JIPing. Not the best, but it's effective.

Had a ridiculous game earlier: https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo4/Booties/home/match-16e1a86474c83c08

Me and this random guy combined for 110 kills, 30 deaths, and we tied.

Chettlar

Banned
Isn't that the vast majority of all of 4 and I only play big team and there's not a good map in the base game for it at all.

Well, based on the fact that the vast majority of Halo fans don't appear to really play Halo 4 all that much, it stands to reason that the only people left have absolutely no taste when it comes to good halo maps.

Mistel

Banned
Well, based on the fact that the vast majority of Halo fans don't appear to really play Halo 4 all that much, it stands to reason that the only people left have absolutely no taste when it comes to good halo maps.
By any chance have you actually played the multiplayer in 4? If the vast majority of maps are bad how is it the players fault that they pick whatever awful map that comes up.

II SHABUTIE II

Neo Member
Palmer was suppose to be 343i "Sergeant Johnson" from my guess, it backfired horribly for a lot of fans. I wouldn't mind the opening sequence of Halo 5 being Palmer getting "Katted" and the Chief is off to investigate on the sands of future whatever to shake the guys hand.

Do note I haven't read the comics or finished Spartan Assault so I have no idea if she got better but I dislike the character highly.

I think 343 wanted us to dislike Palmer at first. I think that's how her character is supposed to develop. She(and most of the other S-IV's) have a bratty mentality and I think that is supposed to flesh the Chief out to be so much more than them. From Halo 4's beggining, it's pretty apparent that Chief is irreplaceable.

I think 343 wanted us to dislike Palmer at first. I think that's how her character is supposed to develop. She(and most of the other S-IV's) have a bratty mentality and I think that is supposed to flesh the Chief out to be so much more than them. From Halo 4's beggining, it's pretty apparent that Chief is irreplaceable.
I think they just went for a young bloods,dude bro (referring to most of the spartan 4s) approach and fan reaction has showed that people want "Spartans" not military guy A and B from cod with the unfunny one liners. Palmers just a lost cause.

In contrast it makes cheif and the other Spartans we know from the books look near god tier. So I suppose you're kinda right in that respect. At least in my view.

II SHABUTIE II

Neo Member
I think they just went for a young bloods,dude bro (referring to most of the spartan 4s) approach and fan reaction has showed that people want "Spartans" not military guy A and B from cod with the unfunny one liners. Palmers just a lost cause.

In contrast it makes cheif and the other Spartans we know from the books look near god tier. So I suppose you're kinda right in that respect. At least in my view.

If done right, I think they can make people enjoy Palmer. If they changed her personality people would start to get used to her. She will always have a pretty horrid past though. You really have to think about it though. Would 343 have Palmer shoot Halsey, if they didn't want people to hate her?

Something tells me that Palmer is going to get upset and help the enemy out somewhere down the line. It would make her story more interesting for sure and we could continue to hate her. You can't really have a good story if you don't have anyone to hate from both the bad guys and the good guys.

If done right, I think they can make people enjoy Palmer. If they changed her personality people would start to get used to her. She will always have a pretty horrid past though. You really have to think about it though. Would 343 have Palmer shoot Halsey, if they didn't want people to hate her?

Something tells me that Palmer is going to get upset and help the enemy out somewhere down the line. It would make her story more interesting for sure and we could continue to hate her. You can't really have a good story if you don't have anyone to hate from both the bad guys and the good guys.
But the thing is why bother trying so hard to make her interesting? She got a little back story. Why do we need more when obviously no one really cares about her.
I would much rather they use a comic/book to introduce some new interesting characters or perhaps touch back on some old ones and how they are going post war. Palmer had a chance (h4 campaign, SOps, SA and initiation) and she still isn't interesting. I really don't want to force read another book/comic just so she can somehow become interesting. Let's talk about where the prophets fled to, the ship that crashed on installation 04, buck/rookie (or other soldiers new or old post war), the remainder of the halos, the ark portal on earth and the catacombs therein, the aftermath of the level floodgate in h3 and it's effects on earth, the rebuilding of earth and it's colonies. Screw Palmer. It's a big universe lets not narrow down another book/game trying to make a c grade character interesting when there's a much wider richer universe out there that the halo fans want.
Give The adventures of Palmer and the lost egghead a break.

Also I don't see where everyone's gaining interest from all this double crossing. I already felt the treatment of Halsey was not needed and the series of events that followed, leading to her situation in SOps (She wants revenge). Now we have all this ridiculous double crossing. To me it just feels out of place and kind of boring.

I like 343s work there's definitely room for the universe to grow. I'm not on the blind "bungi3 did it better" bandwagon, so I hope I'm not coming of that way. But lately I find myself losing interest.

Omni

I was watching the saved custom games stream from yesterday while writing my essay this afternoon and :lol

lb7.gif

I'm kinda undecided on this in regards to whether or not it happened because of lag or just because he doesn't face me directly and I managed to melee him in the back. I mean my connection wasn't that bad, right? I swear I wasn't host either as my grenades had a slight delay between pressing the button and them appearing.

Just thinking that I wouldn't want to join in again if I'm just frustrating people because I'm waaay down here in Australia *shrugs*

I was watching the saved custom games stream from yesterday while writing my essay this afternoon and :lol

I'm kinda undecided on this in regards to whether or not it happened because of lag or just because he doesn't face me directly and I managed to melee him in the back. I mean my connection wasn't that bad, right? I swear I wasn't host either as my grenades had a slight delay between pressing the button and them appearing.

Just thinking that I wouldn't want to join in again if I'm just frustrating people because I'm waaay down here in Australia *shrugs*

It's probably Kame's fault anyway. That guy is just the worst.

Fuchsdh

I tried to appease those who hate radar with Slayer Pro, and just received constant assassinations by Kame in response to my kindness. Never again.

TheOddOne

So you're telling me, no sprint = FREE? :O

With today's gaming standards, I wouldn't be surprise to see 343 charge for perks. It's sad that it does sound plausible.
Yes, but you can only walk around for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes you can buy coupons to walk longer, 10 minute packs cost 10 bucks, 15 minute packs cost 15.99 and unlimited is 499 dollars for 2 years.

Mistel

Banned
Because for some reason they keep picking the worst map that is available, like Settler.
A vast majority of them are as bad as Settler is. Or have you missed the point I've been making that there's no good maps at all in the base game for big team?

Computer

I hate when dev's go completely dark for large periods of time. My biggest complaint with 343. No pod cast shit updates nothing for an entire year after announcing a new game. Bunige was much better at keeping you excited. Every week talking about cool game design information without letting you know anything significant. Even the smallest shit like new sound design tech. Anything would be better then complete silence. 343 have said numerous times they will get better at communicating with the fans but not off to a good start.

I hate when dev's go completely dark for large periods of time. My biggest complaint with 343. No pod cast shit updates nothing for an entire year after announcing a new game. Bunige was much better at keeping you excited. Every week talking about cool game design information without letting you know anything significant. Even the smallest shit like new sound design tech. Anything would be better then complete silence. 343 have said numerous times they will get better at communicating with the fans but not off to a good start.

343 still does their updates with Halo 4, and Bungie went dark for a looooong time after they gave Reach to 343. It would be nice to hear something about Halo 5, but it's still (potentially) over a year away.

Woorloog

Banned
I figure their hands are a bit tied at the moment. They cannot, presumably, talk about future Halos (contractual reasons and whatever), until they're properly announced, and what else can they say?
Yes, it is annoying but this is how this business works, ain't it?

EDIT or would you like what basically amount to empty promises and sayings, like "Trust us", "We have ideas you will like", "We have listened", "We're working hard"?

EDIT oh and i figure Halo Xbox One announcement was pretty premature, only there because Halo. I mean, for fucks sake, the game doesn't even have a name yet, only a working title.

Top Bottom