• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Gold is for ONLINE gaming dont be ridiculous*

*most of the next gen games seem very heavily online focused

Also I think Xbox has the advantage against sony for the game loaning/sharing system. Yes its nice that for PS4 disc media you can share as you normally would. But now, I can add 10 people to my family and we can all share games with each other across the world. That is so fucking cool.

If my friend buys some game I wanna try out he just needs to add me to that circle of 10 and I get to play his game.

Yeah man, this was some great news to me. Love that. Don't even have to wait for your disc back, you can just play the game as long as they aren't.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Girl at Verizon Store today asked why I was in town. I told her. I said the MS and Sony are showing off the new Xbox and PS4. Then she said, "I heard the new Xbox has a camera and it like spies on you"

Shit's real

Girl at Verizon Store today asked why I was in town. I told her. I said the MS and Sony are showing off the new Xbox and PS4. Then she said, "I heard the new Xbox has a camera and it like spies on you"

Shit's real

Shoulda given her a "Oh honey"

Duji

Why can't we get rid of flinch again? Worst addition to the series, even above AAs and perks.

Was it you that made the post with the format "Fuck A. Fuck B. Fuck C...Fuck Z"? It included fan favorites like flinch and bloom. Greatest post ever.

FyreWulff

Just got back. Just met Wu, Jessica, Duncan, and buggy and grimbrother.

Tried spartan assault again, it was behaving in frame rate this time. I'll do a full writeup when I get to use a real keyboard again, but it needs more enemies and to make them more aggressive. Controls work as expected, you can put your fingers anywhere. First finger is always movement, second is always your shooting virtual stick. I was able to play it by making da horns with one hand for example.

It had skulls, but I couldn't change them. It only showed one named Hollow which makes the player only have shields.

As an aside, I talked to the ms dev that was at the controller demo station. The one controller turns into a legit wired controller if you connect it via micro USB to the console. Turns off the wireless radio completely.

Just got back. Just met Wu, Jessica, Duncan, and buggy and grimbrother.

Tried spartan assault again, it was behaving in frame rate this time. I'll do a full writeup when I get to use a real keyboard again, but it needs more enemies and to make them more aggressive. Controls work as expected, you can put your fingers anywhere. First finger is always movement, second is always your shooting virtual stick. I was able to play it by making da horns with one hand for example.

It had skulls, but I couldn't change them. It only showed one named Hollow which makes the player only have shields.

As an aside, I talked to the ms dev that was at the controller demo station. The one controller turns into a legit wired controller if you connect it via micro USB to the console. Turns off the wireless radio completely.

Thanks for the impressions. Was it being played on a Windows 8 or RT device?

@ the bolded, that's great news, and likely means that it'll work on PC, too, without the dongle.

Fuchsdh

FyreWulff

Thanks for the impressions. Was it being played on a Windows 8 or RT device?

@ the bolded, that's great news, and likely means that it'll work on PC, too, without the dongle.

I asked him if that meant it worked with windows , his reply was "we haven't announced anything like that yet"

But if it is sending data and not just charge down the wire, it wouldn't be that hard to get pcs to understand it, you know?

He specifically called out that it was for gamers that were concerned about latency while we were talking

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Missed ya there Fyrewulf. I was out getting food with my cousins.

Next time.

What's your game btw?

Tawpgun

Is this post serious? Sound like someone has fallen to PR hyperbole. If you honestly expect the family thing to work like this without having to jump through a million hoops you are kidding yourself. I'm not even talking about having to prove family is family either.

Who's falling for what? I'm basing my post on what was actually SAID.

You're the one who is making up restrictions that don't exist just so something good about the Xbone will be bad.

The only thing im worried about is if there's restrictions on adding/removing people.

Ramirez

Shit's real

I believed this story until you said you talked to a girl.

FyreWulff

Missed ya there Fyrewulf. I was out getting food with my cousins.

Next time.

What's your game btw?

Are you still here tomorrow? I can attempt a meetup earlier in the day, but I have to leave at one or two so I can make my flight back home. I'm probably going to take one last circuit around the south hall. The side with activision

Obscured

BTB in 4 is very meh. I used to play it all the times in past games but now im kinda indifferent to it. BTB at its peak is objectives games. There is nothing better than flying in on avalanche with that pelican type plane, getting the flag and flying away while everyone is trying to shoot you. They fucked up BTB by making it slayer 24/7 and now, its a bore fest.

I've been enjoying BTB, but you are right, it is really only slayer based. Dominion and Extraction are interesting ideas and some parts of it work, but isn't really BTB.

I think it would be interesting if there were multiple objectives or that objectives changed throughout the game (first 5 minutes - capture flags, next five minutes - extraction, next five minutes - booty shake (the kinect maps your movements, your team gets a bonus for matching choreography)). It could be a way to increase the player count. Still build engagements around the idea of 4-5 man fire teams, but with enough objectives and areas of the map where it makes sense to split up. Might make more sense as a spin off (and I like the idea of a main core and and side story type game alternating release cycles). Imagine guardian connected to the pit, connected to Sanctuary and you have different objectives across all areas. You would still need to build in the core obviously and the focus should be the smaller engagements, but then attempt to take some of those same ideas and apply in a broader sense.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Gah, I keep getting host, and now I'm the only one in the game for the first couple minutes. I really don't want to get banned from Live for "network manipulation" just because of my connection.

Booshka

Gah, I keep getting host, and now I'm the only one in the game for the first couple minutes. I really don't want to get banned from Live for "network manipulation" just because of my connection.

This happened to me in Halo 2, got banned for 2 weeks because my modem was going to shit and I kept losing connection. People thought I was standbying even though I was the one going to blue screen. I would run into a wall for a bit, come back in then shit on people. Get hate mail afterward even though they got a bunch of free kills while I was running into a wall.

For a while I only played 1v1 MM because it was the most manageable with my network problems. I won most of my matches even though I was in blue screen a 3rd of the time.

No bulletin tonight?

Nope, from last weeks bulletin:

There will be no Bulletin next week, as our team will be bringing you content from E3 - videos, news, and Matchmaking details will be posted throughout the week on Waypoint and our social channels. Be sure to keep up to date on our YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook to stay in the loop.

Is this post serious? Sound like someone has fallen to PR hyperbole. If you honestly expect the family thing to work like this without having to jump through a million hoops you are kidding yourself. I'm not even talking about having to prove family is family either.

They already said that they don't have to be your family.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=585726

"I could name a friend that lives 3,000 miles away as one of my "family members" Mehdi said.

You'll be able to link other Xbox Live accounts as having shared access to your library when you first set up a system, and will also be able to add them later on."

Seems pretty straight forward.

They already said that they don't have to be your family.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=585726

"I could name a friend that lives 3,000 miles away as one of my "family members" Mehdi said.

You'll be able to link other Xbox Live accounts as having shared access to your library when you first set up a system, and will also be able to add them later on."

Seems pretty straight forward.

What I want to know is whether that familial relationship is 2-way or 1-way. If I'm a member of my buddy's "Family" library, can I also have 10 people in my own Family separate from that, or is it 2-way, in that you can only be part of/parent of one family?

• Have you guys played Crysis? Thoughts?

I asked because I wonder how you would feel if 343 were to remove the floating jump, making it more "realistic".

I'm not arguing in favor of it but considering 343 may try to remove some of these older Quake/Unreal-era elements to appeal to a new console gen fanbase, I wonder how that would sit with you.

• How would you like classes (medic, stealth, sniper)?
• Destruction?
• What about having to buy weapons similar to Counter-Strike to make it more competitive?

Just thoughts...

I asked because I wonder how you would feel if 343 were to remove the floating jump, making it more "realistic".

I'm not arguing in favor of it but considering 343 may try to remove some of these older Quake/Unreal-era elements to appeal to a new console gen fanbase, I wonder how that would sit with you.

• Destruction?
• What about having to buy weapons similar to Counter-Strike to make it more competitive?

Just thoughts...

Loved the movement in Crysis and would be okay if Halo went that direction.

Shadders

• Destruction?

Just thoughts...

I quite like the jumping in Halo 4, it's totally unrealistic, but I think it plays well. I feel like Halo has been moving towards classes anyway and that's probably what 343 intended with the upgrades and tac packs in Halo 4. Unfortunately everyone is selfish and/or wants a loadout that will work in the majority of situations so you rarely get someone with a loadout tailored to vehicles, for example. Which is a shame as I think that's what Halo 4 could have been.

Destruction would be ok, but I'd rather have buttons and things on maps that opened gates and stuff (like we used to have) I think they were really great fun and added another layer of strategy.

We got half way toward the CS weapon buying with Infinity. The CS system is definitely better, but I can see why they'd want to avoid a menu system like that on a console game. Maybe this is something the could introduce as a new mode and see how it goes?

• Destruction?

Just thoughts...
I don't really have much to say on that specifically, but in regards to how I thought Crysis could benefit Halo as it is now (in that they're sticking to AAs no matter the reception), they should get rid of the loadout system and merely have you capable of switching AAs on the fly (also assuming they want to stick having them on your person at all times instead of swappable items found on field). Basically, I wanted the Mjolnir to have Nanosuit capabilities, give yourself a faster run, higher jump, whatever else at the cost of the same energy bar but also having all the abilities always available to you; ridding the game of the crapshoot of not knowing a person's AA in an encounter until they play it.

Nebula

Who's falling for what? I'm basing my post on what was actually SAID.

You're the one who is making up restrictions that don't exist just so something good about the Xbone will be bad.

The only thing im worried about is if there's restrictions on adding/removing people.

Removing people is going to be hilarious. "Hey Microsoft this guy isn't my family member anymore can you remove him please?"

Anyway, this will be a weird gen for me and my brother. We both decided that I'll get a PS4 and he will get an Xbox One. This way we both get to try out each console and see what we're happy with. If he ends up liking the PS4 and I end up liking the Xbox One, we'll swap consoles. If we both end up liking the same one, we might sell the other to go towards buying a second console so we can both play the one we like. Sounds like a decent plan for now and we're both good at sharing so why bother restricting ourselves next gen.

Also I can't play Halo 4 still. It's boring to me now. The WTU, while great, came way too late and I just can't bring myself to play Halo 4 for any decent period of time. I see all the other issues almost immediately, and my precious BTB is still being shit on by Plasma Pistols. I'm just tired of what is essentially the same old stuff. I am excited for the future of Halo though, as the thought of a 16 v 16 BTB mode sounds incredible to me.

That hasn't been announced by the way, just guessing from the jump BF4 will be making on consoles.

Unfortunately everyone is selfish and/or wants a loadout that will work in the majority of situations so you rarely get someone with a loadout tailored to vehicles, for example. Which is a shame as I think that's what Halo 4 could have been.

Great thoughts, Shadders, love that last piece. I feel that specialization, each Spartan doing their thing would've been really cool. This Spartan, she's the wheelman. Her suit, her abilities are upgraded because she's the best warthog/mongoose driver. You want her for CTF. Him? He's a sniper, quiet as a ghost. A Spartan having the ghillie suit from Reach would've been cool.

This stuff maybe wouldn't work in competitive but would spice things up. I've seen players in Battlefield sharpening their skillset to an incredibly micro level, it's really cool. The best helicopter pilot, the guy who transports players from A to B to C. I would like to see 343 open up the sandbox. Slayer should remain, but beyond that, there needs to be some reinvention.

Basically, I wanted the Mjolnir to have Nanosuit capabilities, give yourself a faster run, higher jump, whatever else at the cost of the same energy bar but also having all the abilities always available to you; ridding the game of the crapshoot of not knowing a person's AA in an encounter until they play it.

Exactly. For a game about being a super soldier, you rarely feel like one. This idea would solve a lot of issues. People don't have to worry about switching out abilities between deaths.

Madness

That's how I've been playing since launch which is shit. I have a main load out which is what's good for every scenario.

I have a loadout that is both pro and anti vehicle. I have a loadout that is pure stealth etc.

I'm not really a fan. I can see it move this direction. Be an offensive Spartan, have perks like armor piercing rounds, be a support Spartan, quicker shield regeneration for you and allies near you, etc.

That's fair, and I get what you're saying, but it'd be nice to customize the vehicles themselves. Make your mongoose a little faster, but a little weaker. Having classes or perks that allow you to fit into a type of class wouldn't be too bad. It certainly feels Halo is playing catch-up while other games are pushing forward, trying new ideas out.

I thought Planetside 2 has some interesting ideas, while still a bit flawed. Obviously it's a larger scale pvp game.

What about campaign?
Thoughts on bringing Cortana back? I think we all know they're going to, it's just a matter of when, right?

Top Bottom