• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

J10

Banned
What about campaign?
Thoughts on bringing Cortana back? I think we all know they're going to, it's just a matter of when, right?

Let her stay dead. Kill Chief next. Make Palmer and her band of dudebros the new lead characters. It's what the community has been asking for.

Fuchsdh

Let her stay dead. Kill Chief next. Make Palmer and her band of dudebros the new lead characters. It's what the community has been asking for.

Honestly if they build Palmer up to be a more interesting character, that's fine by me. Ultimately the real test of Halo as a franchise is if they can sell non-Master Chief games as the main event.

Tawpgun

Ohhhhh, what was SAID; which was PR double talk where they essentially revealed nothing about what it means.

Microsoft just added a bunch of bullshit DRM, you honestly expect them to have a system where you can share games with all your friends with no restrictions?

"Used games are bad, but lets give you full access to all of your friends library!" Definitely sounds legit.

PS3 when it launch had a similar system that was a disaster for them. It's not happening like you think it is.
Lol you sure know what is fact and what is fiction!

Microsofts console plan was to build it for digital distribution. That IS the future. But it requires a transition, which is why discs are still available and why people are making a big deal about it. I made a big deal about not being able to share games before I realized I would probably not even have discs.

Both consoles have Day 1 digital download. That is what I'll be using. And because of this, microsofts sharing policies are better for me than ps4's which doesn't have a sharing program for digital games.

Unfortunately Microsoft's policies fuck over disc users. They should have had separate policies for discs. That was microsofts mistake along with some shitty pr

J10

Banned
Honestly if they build Palmer up to be a more interesting character, that's fine by me. Ultimately the real test of Halo as a franchise is if they can sell non-Master Chief games as the main event.

They could also retcon the faceless Noble Six's death and save themselves the trouble of fumbling their way through another attempt at decent characterization. Just let the player fill in the gaps in dialogue by yelling into the Kinect during cutscenes. Make the character more dynamic, as Kevin Franklin would say. I'm calling it emergent characterization.

If juices ever gets that job tell him to hire me.

Fuchsdh

Lol you sure know what is fact and what is fiction!

Microsofts console plan was to build it for digital distribution. That IS the future. But it requires a transition, which is why discs are still available and why people are making a big deal about it. I made a big deal about not being able to share games before I realized I would probably not even have discs.

Both consoles have Day 1 digital download. That is what I'll be using. And because of this, microsofts sharing policies are better for me than ps4's which doesn't have a sharing program for digital games.

Unfortunately Microsoft's policies fuck over disc users. They should have had separate policies for discs. That was microsofts mistake along with some shitty pr

Probably. A disc-only policy and a digital-only policy would have been a bit more confusing but then it would essentially be like Steam; people would still go apeshit but they'd have less standing to do so.

Didn't they already do that with Reach?

Yeah, but it wasn't the gangbuster seller that was Halo 4, "Return of the Master Chief", etc. ODST was a side expansion, etc.

Fuchsdh

You mention the bullshit sales site That Must Not Be Named on NeoGAF. Short is: their numbers are often made up or less accurate than a guess. Sadly NPD makes it hard to get solid numbers any more, so we kind of have to synthesize rather than hard numbers.

Halo 4 made way more money in its first weeks than Reach, despite having less expensive SKUs, and it sold more in the first month (5m to 4.7mil according to Gamasutra). I think it's reasonable to assume Halo 4 trailed off heavily, but my money is still on it being Halo 3 > Halo 4 > Halo Reach in terms of sales.

J10

Banned
So you don't have total numbers for either one, but you're assuming Halo 4's were better because of reasons.

Why are your made up estimates more reliable than the numbers I linked? What's your threshold for "selling like gangbusters?" What makes you think the gulf between the two games is that vast when the first month sales difference, according to you according to Gamasutra, was only 400K?

Fuchsdh

So you don't have total numbers for either one, but you're assuming Halo 4's were better because of reasons.

Why are your made up estimates more reliable than the numbers I linked? What's your threshold for "selling like gangbusters?" What makes you think the gulf between the two games is that vast when the first month sales difference, according to you according to Gamasutra, was only 400K?

Because VGC is well known for being way off, as in the realm of millions of copies, and them quietly adjusting their numbers when real figures get out. Whatever their "method", it apparently rarely works. Im at least giving a method. Not also that waay more people were playing Halo 4 than Reach according to Raptr, suggesting way more people buying.

Tawpgun

Last night me and steely zoned out while playing and were basically just playing for shits and gigs.

Only way to play infinity IMO. Must have lost like 7 games in a row lol

The gametypes in Majestic DLC don't seem to lend themselves well to achievements.

Most of the gametypes have either no personal ordnance, no jetpacks(loadouts), are on skyline which reduces the likely hood of people scoping because its a small map or a mix of the above.

Missed you last night. You were likely the key to fracas/franklin not getting host. :(
I played some SpOps to help get me used to the new Sabertooth controller (those bottom triggers, omg), realized how much even the later episodes suck, got frustrated and shut down.

I got demolished last night (win/loss). Did alright myself but kept getting on awful teams...

You could have, you know, played with a group. Like the one that was inviting you to play...

Or me, you guys needed a crappy german connection!

Kill meeeeeee

At least we got some sweet exterms though.

Anything would be better than what we got.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=63199561&postcount=889

I played some SpOps

annnnnnnd that was your first mistake.

IHaveIce

Banned

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
You could have, you know, played with a group. Like the one that was inviting you to play...

That's my bad, didn't realize my notifications are still off (had them off to do some capturing) so I had no idea anyone sent me any invites. May be on tonight if you are.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Let me start by saying that Bumper Jumpers in SWAT are using the game's built-in systems, in a perfectly legal and viable manner. They are using legitimate functionality and technique to play a very specific mode, in a very specific way.

When they do this as a team, the results are impressively one-sided. They can achieve excellent results as players from non bumper jumper teams scramble to adjust to this new aerial threat.

But let me also say this:

YOU SCUM THIS IS HALO NOT SMASH BROTHERS

Risen

Let me start by saying that Bumper Jumpers in SWAT are using the game's built-in systems, in a perfectly legal and viable manner. They are using legitimate functionality and technique to play a very specific mode, in a very specific way.

When they do this as a team, the results are impressively one-sided. They can achieve excellent results as players from non bumper jumper teams scramble to adjust to this new aerial threat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAyyb-lnb0Q

DeadNames

Banned

PYKG

DeadNames

Banned
How exactly does the Railgun work? Right before I kill someone, their shields flutter a little bit. The same happens when I'm killed with it, and I never get kills with the splash damage.

Obscured

It is this kind of anti-Bumper Jumper agenda that made it so I can't have the layout I really want. I had to switch to Recon for Halo 4, although now I've defaulted back to bumper jumper. I totally do this in SWAT and it completely doesn't help me.

BigShow36

If you made the aim assist lower and strafe faster, grounded players would have a greater advantage.

Just sayin.

Yes, but there is a difference between rounding a corner and engaging in a frantic four or five shot engagement, and rounding a corner and seeing a pair of shoes at ceiling height an instant before you are dead.

I have a sneaking suspicion that vertical sensitivity could help with this.

Also, lrn2bunnyhop. FPS basics, yo.

Last night me and steely zoned out while playing and were basically just playing for shits and gigs.

Only way to play infinity IMO. Must have lost like 7 games in a row lol

Yes zoning out and not consiciously thinking about what you are doing is the only way to make Halo 4 fun.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I have a sneaking suspicion that vertical sensitivity could help with this.

Also, lrn2bunnyhop. FPS basics, yo.

So what's the verdict? High or low sensitivity? I go low, as that's what I heard some of the better players use. Seems to work alright. Helps when strafe-aiming.

So what's the verdict? High or low sensitivity? I go low, as that's what I heard some of the better players use. Seems to work alright. Helps when strafe-aiming.

It depends on if you're a person that shoves your right stick all the way, every time. I tend to use smaller adjustments much of the time. I only play on a 4, but my MLG controller has a high natural sensitivity. Used to play on higher on previous halos. If possible, you want to have as much of your aiming come from your player movement, not your reticule movement. If you find something that works, use it until you feel it doesn't.

I was refering to having the ability to adjust vertical sensitivity in the post you quoted.

Top Bottom