• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

No ledge grabbing parkour stuff. I can see it already:
"343 just copied Titanfall"
*2 pages of agreement and applause*
Just make a classic Halo and take my money, I thought they learnt after Reach/4"
*Funknown post about classic Halo = CE pistol*
"Oh well they will get it right in Halo 6: the last Guardian of middle earth."

No ADS
No Killstreaks*
No AAs*
No sprint*
No parkour stuff
*except in custom game options or whatever.
Jumping and knowing when to is enough in Halo.

Also would scopes even really be needed? Couldn't HUD just do it all, would explain the lack of a scope in the reveal poster.

Woorloog

Banned
I sure want something else than merely bare-bones Halo as standard MP Halo (don't care whether there are options and/or classic Halo list). Bring back Equipment from Halo 3 at very least (assuming AAs are removed, having them both might be complicated). I'm fine with just ONE addition, provided it works and is interesting. Just no bare-bones game.

I would prefer for armor abilities to stay for campaign regardless of other things though, limiting them to SP would allow the devs to come up with fun and interesting things too while not having to worry about balance excessively.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
"Bare bones" is fun. You don't need to change a winning formula. Just give us the perfect Halo multiplayer and support it forever like Team Fortress 2.

Woorloog

Banned
"Bare bones" is fun. You don't need to change a winning formula. Just give us the perfect Halo multiplayer and support it forever like Team Fortress 2.

I've played enough "bare bones" Halo. I want something new, even if it just small things (merely tweaking stuff like running speed, damage and such, or adding new weapons is not enough of course), just makes sure they work and don't cause unintended consequences or other issues.
I'm never content with "same old".

EDIT and before any asks "Isn't new campaign and new maps enough": No, they're not. They're given, expected. I'm talking about "bigger" changes to gameplay.

I've played enough "bare bones" Halo. I want something new, even if it just small things (merely tweaking stuff like running speed, damage and such, or adding new weapons is not enough of course), just makes sure they work and don't cause unintended consequences or other issues.
I'm never content with "same old".

EDIT and before any asks "Isn't new campaign and new maps enough": No, they're not. They're given, expected. I'm talking about "bigger" changes to gameplay.

the changes you seem to want will continue to change halo from its core mechanics.

No ledge grabbing parkour stuff. I can see it already:
"343 just copied Titanfall"
*2 pages of agreement and applause*
Just make a classic Halo and take my money, I thought they learnt after Reach/4"
*Funknown post about classic Halo = CE pistol*
"Oh well they will get it right in Halo 6: the last Guardian of middle earth."

No ADS
No Killstreaks*
No AAs*
No sprint*
No parkour stuff
*except in custom game options or whatever.
Jumping and knowing when to is enough in Halo.

Also would scopes even really be needed? Couldn't HUD just do it all, would explain the lack of a scope in the reveal poster.
In the same breath where someone told me to play another game when I had my wishlist of features to [add] to the Halo gameplay, looks like you want to revert to playing Halo 3, which already is out.

I'd really like to see some innovation as far as gameplay is concerned.

Homeboyd

What is the ledge grabbing non-sense? I'd ask why you'd possibly want that in a fast paced shooter like halo but I'm scared of what you might say. Let's just leave that shit alone. They got that part figured out already. We good.

You double dipped on Titanfall but this is where you hesitate?

It makes sense though! He won't buy games with only a story mode. TitanFall's story mode was just a second Multiplayer. Ergo, 1x x 2 = 2x. By using the Speedratic Formula, we can also confirm Speedy has or will double-dip on nearly every fighting game in existence.

By the way, how mad would you guys be if a Gravity Gauntlet surrogate showed up in Halo 5 as the token dubstep gun?

In the same breath where someone told me to play another game when I had my wishlist of features to [add] to the Halo gameplay, looks like you want to revert to playing Halo 3, which already is out.

and you want to play CoD with a Halo skin. so Pot--> kettle.

gso

What is the ledge grabbing non-sense? I'd ask why you'd possibly want that in a fast paced shooter like halo but I'm scared of what you might say. Let's just leave that shit alone. They got that part figured out already. We good.

My intent with ledge grabbing would strictly run off not vertical movement, but upward movement. It wouldn't work as a failsafe for missed jumps, it would just be a way to gain ground - nothing more, nothing less. A Spartan couldn't fly out a window, miss a neighboring catwalk and proceed to parkour-button up to safety. However, if the Spartan was grounded and parkour-buttoned in an alcove with an overhead secondary level, they'd hop on up.

It would basically be a Combat Evolved ladder in button form - you would have to make a full vector from a grounded surface to an elevated one.

Your wishlist seemed not so much innovative as purely derivative of other FPS franchises. There's room to be innovative, but your suggestions were not reasonable ways to do that without basically converting Halo into Call of Space Duty: Ghosts of Reach.

Homeboyd

My intent with ledge grabbing would strictly run off not vertical movement, but upward movement. It wouldn't work as a failsafe for missed jumps, it would just be a way to gain ground - nothing more, nothing less. A Spartan couldn't fly out a window, miss a neighboring catwalk and proceed to parkour-button up to safety. However, if the Spartan was grounded and parkour-buttoned in an alcove with an overhead secondary level, they'd hop on up.

It would basically be a Combat Evolved ladder in button form - you would have to make a full vector from a grounded surface to an elevated one.
Animate it

Woorloog

Banned
the changes you seem to want will continue to change halo from its core mechanics.

The core i want to stay the same*. I don't see AAs or equipment, or parkour-like elements changing the core. They're... enhancing elements. Naturally the implementation must be carefully done of course and must not damage or negate core elements.

What i like about Halo is that is core is so good, good and important movement (in theory, slow movement speed and heavy inertia are no good of course), excellent fluid controls, fun core game mechanics (grenades-melee-shooting trinity, with regenerating health done in fun way that also makes sense lore-wise) combined with excellent integration of vehicles, generally fun and satisfying if a bit unimaginative weapons and limiting the carry capacity to two weapons, no ADS, and for multiplayer, map control and knowledge being such a big part of the game.
But i want something more on top of that. (And naturally the core features must be tweaked for perfection, specifically movement should be made better, faster, more responsive).
In an ideal world, i'd prefer every single game to be a revolutionary but that's not going to happen so i want evolution. Concrete one, not just "we tweaked some shooting stuff and added a couple of weapons to round out the sandbox". For both multiplayer and campaign. (Both can have different things of course, some ideas are best when limited to one of them)

AAs are a good example of a good idea, but one that is very badly implemented.
They fit in well, they're well integrated and could have interesting effects.
Unfortunately the way they're implemented screws up the "everyone is equal at the beginning" idea, and practically every single AA has negative effects on the game: they slow it, they reduce importance of movement, they reduce the importance of map control and knowledge. I think they could be done in a way they would be actually good and fun.
Though to be honest i'd prefer something new on top of them or swapping them for something else, they're kind of basic element now, not new. Still merely having a good implementation of them would be better than having nothing. (Having them badly implemented and balanced yet again just means i will skip the game, sticking to barebones means i will likely skip the game)
While i don't like Reach, partially due to bad implementation of AAs, i have to applaud Bungie for adding something new to the game.

EDIT * Hell, a big issue about the shooters at the moment is that there isn't another game that replicated Halo's core. It is always ADS or some other shit. Well, the core and interesting (scifi) setting.

The core i want to stay the same. I don't see AAs or equipment, or parkour-like elements changing the core. They're... enhancing elements. Naturally the implementation must be carefully done of course and must not damage or negate core elements.

What i like about Halo is that is core is so good, good and important movement (in theory, slow movement speed and heavy inertia are no good of course), excellent fluid controls, fun core game mechanics (grenades-melee-shooting trinity, with regenerating health done in fun way that also makes sense lore-wise) combined with excellent integration of vehicles, generally fun and satisfying if a bit unimaginative weapons and limiting the carry capacity to two weapons, and for multiplayer, map control and knowledge being such a big part of the game.
But i want something more on top of that. (And naturally the core features must be tweaked for perfection, specifically movement should be made better, faster, more responsive).
In an ideal world, i'd prefer every single game to be a revolutionary but that's not going to happen so i want evolution. Concrete one, not just "we tweaked some shooting stuff and added a couple of weapons to round out the sandbox". For both multiplayer and campaign. (Both can have different things of course, some ideas are best when limited to one of them)

AAs are a good example of a good idea, but one that is very badly implemented.
They fit in well, they're well integrated and could have interesting effects.
Unfortunately the way they're implemented screws up the "everyone is equal at the beginning" idea, and practically every single AA has negative effects on the game: they slow it, they reduce importance of movement, they reduce the importance of map control and knowledge. I think they could be done in a way they would be actually good and fun.
Though to be honest i'd prefer something new on top of them or swapping them for something else, they're kind of basic element now, not new. Still merely having a good implementation of them would be better than having nothing. (Having them badly implemented and balanced yet again just means i will skip the game, sticking to barebones means i will likely skip the game)
While i don't like Reach, partially due to bad implementation of AAs, i have to applaud Bungie for adding something new to the game.

AA does change the core. Equipment is fine though. Also i thought you wanted new things and not rip off ideas like AA[perks]

Woorloog

Banned
AA does change the core. Equipment is fine though. Also i thought you wanted new things and not rip off ideas like AA[perks]

New things for Halo, don't really care if they're stolen from other games. I don't actually play that many other games. Also AAs are not perks, perks are passive things.
BTW, get rid of the fucking perk system. Also the unlock system as it exist in Halo 4. Reach-like cosmetic unlock system is fine.

EDIT also bad implementation of AAs changes or affects the core mechanics far more than the concept in itself.

To the people wanting/considering ledge grabs in Halo, are you mad? We need to stay far away from things that artificially break the flow of movement, not to mention the flow of combat on any given map.

This is like people expecting/wanting sprint before Reach.. "Oh, it could compliment the gameplay and feel cool," but NOPE. Halo is/should be about map control, and throwing Jet Packs, double jumps (I want this as a Power-up) and ledge grabs into that mix is silly, granted you don't always have access to them (ie: AA's working better as map pickups like MLG Reach).
If anyone wants a key to MurderMiners on PC they got 250 of them
*if you got into the last one you need to resend an email

Also Dat 60FPS

http://a.pomf.se/qtjsko.webm
Sick, thanks for the heads up.

EDIT:
*FUNKNOWN post about classic Halo = CE pistol*
LMFAO, too true. It's going to happen regardless though.

Takashi

I feel weird whining this because the ledge grabbing/jump over animation probably wouldn't take all that long, but that .5 second animation can screw you over in a fight.

It's not whining though cause that's one of the problems sprint caused too. Not seeing why people want all this ledge grabbing stuff and losing the ability to shoot for any amount of time. Double jump or even a wall jump (while still being able to shoot) seem like better alternatives.

Woorloog

Banned
It's not whining though cause that's one of the problems sprint caused too. Not seeing why people want all this ledge grabbing stuff and losing the ability to shoot for any amount of time. Double jump or even a wall jump (while still being able to shoot) seem like better alternatives.

I'd implement ledge grabbing as an "option", when jumping next to too high wall, you could, by pressing a button, grab the ledge and haul yourself up, at the expense of time and safety (inability to shoot and look around). Not fan of that? Just use normal routes.
(And vaulting and other such moves i'd make mostly visual things, you would be able to look around and shoot normally EDIT i've always felt that the Spartans, being fast, agile supersoldiers could have various cool animations and tricks, especially after playing Crysis 2 (not that the game should be held up as an example of superb design, for it isn't)

Naturally this does have similar issues to the jet pack, but careful map design taking this feature into account probably solves this. Of course if it hurts the map design, then perhaps it would be better to drop the ledge grabbing, from multiplayer.

New things for Halo, don't really care if they're stolen from other games. I don't actually play that many other games. Also AAs are not perks, perks are passive things.
BTW, get rid of the fucking perk system. Also the unlock system as it exist in Halo 4. Reach-like cosmetic unlock system is fine.

EDIT also bad implementation of AAs changes or affects the core mechanics far more than the concept in itself.

I prefer if they do something new if anything instead of ripping of call of duty. There is a saturation of the same type of shooters so i want something else that is different and Halo should be it if it sticks to it's own style.

daedalius

Ledge grabs would be interesting, but I don't know if I would want them to worry about designing maps around that, because they would otherwise it would just be useless.

I'd be fine with default thrusts and double jumps.

gAg CruSh3r

Ledge grabs would be interesting, but I don't know if I would want them to worry about designing maps around that, because they would otherwise it would just be useless.

I would really like to see some gameplay with these mechanics in Halo. It would be very interesting to me.

Woorloog

Banned
I prefer if they do something new if anything instead of ripping of call of duty. There is a saturation of the same type of shooters so i want something else that is different and Halo should be it if it sticks to it's own style.

Understandable. And that would be certainly preferable. I'm just too cynical to believe they'd actually come up with something completely new and also manage to make it fit the game perfectly. I think refining an existing thing to work with Halo is easier... though probably won't be as satisfying.

One idea i'm thinking about is "on-the-fly" weapon modification. Not completely new thing of course, Crysis series has it, and i suspect it isn't alone in this.
But i think it could work with Halo, even in multiplayer, provided it is made with equality in mind (ie everyone starts with every possibility or they're found on the map and treated like any other item on the map, the former being probably better option).
As for what exactly the weapon mods would do: Changing fire mode (eg automatic BR, though naturally it would lose headshot ability), adding or changing scope (there should be a penalty to something else with this though), changing ROF or accuracy (though these are the kind of minor effects that probably should be avoided), changing the weapon's projectile (such as Brute shot firing bouncing grenades or on-contact-explosives), and other things.
Naturally balancing them would be problematic, perk-like minor effects should be avoided yet major effects shouldn't be required.

EDIT one positive effect weapon modding might have is that starting weapons could be reduced to, say, BR. You except CQB, switch to automatic until you find a proper CQB weapon. Except ranged battles? Add some ranged mod, and so on. Pistol could be perhaps modded between Halo 2-like CQB pistol and Halo CE-like "rifle-pistol". Provided everyone has access to these always. Might make some weapons redundant... but that's not a big issue for me.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

Maps designed around any new default movement ability would probably be a lot less interesting with that ability disabled. And for fucks sake, if we're going to have more vertical movement, let us adjust the Y-axis sensitivity.

lizardwizarding

Neo Member
Asking for ambiguous things like 'innovation' and talking hypotheticalyl about what would work and be cool...

Sorry but I don't understand why Halo has to conform to your taste, go play something else if you don't want 'bare-bones' Halo, it's that simple.

Complaining that they don't evolve the gameplay when it doesn't satisfy your niche in a genre that you can't find elsewhere in the same framework as Halo is unreasonable. Games are defined by their mechanics and characteristics -- 343 (and any other reoccuring franchise holder) should simply refine and put out better quality. New games series are made for a reason, to strike out and be different; Halo should have stuck with what it had back in '01, not this wild goose-chase of other competitors audiences.

Woorloog

Banned
Asking for ambiguous things like 'innovation' and talking hypotheticalyl about what would work and be cool...

Sorry but I don't understand why Halo has to conform to your taste, go play something else if you don't want 'bare-bones' Halo, it's that simple.

There is no other game like Halo that could have these hypothetical ideas.
Name a game that has interesting setting, similar visuals to Halo (really, no shit like Murder Mines*), no ADS, good movement and controls, perfectly integrated vehicles (animations (so no shit like Battlefield where you just appear inside a vehicle), feeling, use, controls), similar combat to Halo.
So, stuff must be suggested to be added to Halo until there is another game whose devs and fans i could pester with my ideas.

*I've noticed people have compared it to Halo. Last i checked it reminds me more of Minecraft than Halo though, and that's definitely not a good thing. Graphics, specifically art style DOES MATTER.

Understandable. And that would be certainly preferable. I'm just too cynical to believe they'd actually come up with something completely new and also manage to make it fit the game perfectly. I think refining an existing thing to work with Halo is easier... though probably won't be as satisfying.

One idea i'm thinking about is "on-the-fly" weapon modification. Not completely new thing of course, Crysis series has it, and i suspect it isn't alone in this.
But i think it could work with Halo, even in multiplayer, provided it is made with equality in mind (ie everyone starts with every possibility or they're found on the map and treated like any other item on the map, the former being probably better option).
As for what exactly the weapon mods would do: Changing fire mode (eg automatic BR, though naturally it would lose headshot ability), adding or changing scope (there should be a penalty to something else with this though), changing ROF or accuracy (though these are the kind of minor effects that probably should be avoided), changing the weapon's projectile (such as Brute shot firing bouncing grenades or on-contact-explosives), and other things.
Naturally balancing them would be problematic, perk-like minor effects should be avoided yet major effects shouldn't be required.

EDIT one positive effect weapon modding might have is that starting weapons could be reduced to, say, BR. You except CQB, switch to automatic until you find a proper CQB weapon. Except ranged battles? Add some ranged mod, and so on. Pistol could be perhaps modded between Halo 2-like CQB pistol and Halo CE-like "rifle-pistol". Provided everyone has access to these always. Might make some weapons redundant... but that's not a big issue for me.

I like this idea, but i dont want the sandbox to suffer because we can mod our starting weapon.

it would make the AR, DMR, Sniper etc redundant. this would in theory make it a single gun game.

lizardwizarding

Neo Member
There is no other game like Halo that could have these hypothetical ideas.
Name a game that has interesting setting and similar visuals to Halo, no ADS, good movement and controls, perfectly integrated vehicles (animations (so no shit like Battlefield where you just appear inside a vehicle), feeling, use, controls), similar combat to Halo.
So, stuff must be suggested to be added to Halo until there is another game whose devs and fans i could pester with my ideas.

There's tons of people like you that are dissuading 343 from it's core audience. I don't have to provide proof for the game you dream of to ask you to please not burden 343 with your concerns over Halo's viability as a shooter.

You're essentially saying you don't prefer what Halo was/is and instead want it to become something that doesn't exist yet. That's seems pretty at odds with 343 making a game called Halo.

Woorloog

Banned
I like this idea, but i dont want the sandbox to suffer because we can mod our starting weapon.

it would make the AR, DMR, Sniper etc redundant. this would in theory make it a single gun game.

We could argue Halo is already a single gun game: You have the utility weapon and other weapons. Arguably moddable gun would simply combine non-power weapons to a one gun. Perhaps these mods could simply be less effective than actual guns... but then we end up in similar situation as Halo 3 was, where one-hand weapons are pointless alone as AR is better (but dual wielding isn't particularly useful either).
It is problematic concept, one that might work in multiplayer, unlike frigging "Ordnance".

There's tons of people like you that are dissuading 343 from it's core audience. I don't have to provide proof for the game you dream of to ask you to please not burden 343 with your concerns over Halo's viability as a shooter.

You're essentially saying you don't prefer what Halo was/is and instead want it to become something that doesn't exist yet. That's seems pretty at odds with 343 making a game called Halo.

343 is at odds with making a game called Halo, dont get yourself twisted.

Mistel

Banned
Yea he said he did. He said he want innovation but is asking to ape features from other games. That doesn't really make sense.
It's thrown me for a right twist too. I mean population alone proves copying didn't work at all.

Crysis 3 was incredibly unbalanced weapon modification wise. Worked alright in campaign but not in PvP.

lizardwizarding

Neo Member
343 is at odds with making a game called Halo, dont get yourself twisted.

I don't know, I'd like to think a studio full of extremely talented people are not incompetent and instead misguided by an outside influence who sometimes is contradictory. Bungie made H:CE without an audience there that knew what they wanted out of it. Halo 2 was a direct response to the growing demand for "more Halo!" and soon after I believe design got muddled by opposing parties of beliefs about what is Halo.

My take at least, hell if I know what the contributing factor is. We're all in the dark in respect to 343's transparency of development, or lack there-of.

Woorloog

Banned

I want Halo with something new and interesting that works. I don't want shit we got in Halo 4 (ordnance, perks, badly made unlock system, still badly implemented AAs). I don't want CODified Halo (such a game might make an interesting spin-off game but that's all it would be). EDIT i have to admit, somewhat ironically i like Halo 4 more than Reach. But that's because core things, like shooting and movement feel so much better than in Reach. These are a big deal enough for me i'm not bothered by the shit i mentioned above. That much.
All i ask i for something new and interesting that fits Halo. Something well made. Bungie managed that most of the time, don't see why 343i should avoid doing something new (again, stealing elements from COD that don't fit Halo is no good).
EDIT perhaps i should specify that i'm mostly a BTB player, when it comes to multiplayer. So whatever is added should work there too.

You keep the game as it has been and i have to question why i would buy such a game. New campaign and multiplayer maps, and perhaps a couple of new weapons don't make a game new, you might add all those in a frigging expansion pack.
A new game should evolve and change the gameplay, even if it is relatively small thing (like Halo 2 introducing hijacking and dual wielding though i'd prefer something more substantial).

I don't know, I'd like to think a studio full of extremely talented people are not incompetent and instead misguided by an outside influence who sometimes is contradictory. Bungie made H:CE without an audience there that knew what they wanted out of it. Halo 2 was a direct response to the growing demand for "more Halo!" and soon after I believe design got muddled by opposing parties of beliefs about what is Halo.

My take at least, hell if I know what the contributing factor is. We're all in the dark in respect to 343's transparency of development, or lack there-of.

then why pray tell did they make the abomination that is Halo 4? they shit on the Halo formula and decided that their "Vision" is more important than the fans.

they took a 6 month vacation after the fucking game released. their forum mods are quick to ban anyone with a dissenting opinion about the game.

they added in Fluff to the game to attract a crowd that couldnt give a shit less about halo, and in the process alienated their real fanbase.

Takashi

I'd implement ledge grabbing as an "option", when jumping next to too high wall, you could, by pressing a button, grab the ledge and haul yourself up, at the expense of time and safety (inability to shoot and look around). Not fan of that? Just use normal routes.
(And vaulting and other such moves i'd make mostly visual things, you would be able to look around and shoot normally EDIT i've always felt that the Spartans, being fast, agile supersoldiers could have various cool animations and tricks, especially after playing Crysis 2 (not that the game should be held up as an example of superb design, for it isn't)

Naturally this does have similar issues to the jet pack, but careful map design taking this feature into account probably solves this. Of course if it hurts the map design, then perhaps it would be better to drop the ledge grabbing, from multiplayer.

All those things could be said about sprint, as in "it costs you ability to shoot but you don't have to use it if you don't want to". I do agree that maps shouldn't be designed around stuff like that. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a beta playlist to at least try out these features.

Woorloog

Banned
All those things could be said about sprint, as in "it costs you ability to shoot but you don't have to use it if you don't want to". I do agree that maps shouldn't be designed around stuff like that. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a beta playlist to at least try out these features.

The problem with sprint is that the base movement speed is sacrificed for it, not to mention its effect on melee combat. (And if base movement speed isn't sacrificed, you just made sprint kind of redundant and still caused other issues).

Unfortunately things like ledge grabbing are extensive enough they can't be really tested publicly, inability to make fast iterations in closed systems like XBL kind of kill this.

Yet you want things that detract from the core of the game itself? Did you like the changes in 4?
I think these are fair questions to ask.

While there are fans out there that do like Sprint, AA's, and Large maps, those qualities work great in gametypes that work good or amazing in Throwdown or Invasion, perhaps Dominion? But the problem these devs will have to decide is whether to keep them or scrap them depending on what their core focus is and whether or not the type of gameplay and maps work properly with those variables.

Hard choices to make without alienating fans who want to be catered. But even though their standards were met in Halo 4 with these qualities, a lot of them either contradict themselves of Halo's Arena core focus and wanting something completely new and "Realistic" to real life warfare being random and chaotic while they do eventually realize that Halo 4 (or Reach) doesn't feel like Halo at all.

That right there is the truth. And we come across these politically and creative indifferences. While the most important thing that we will have to accept or protest about a new halo game is whether or not the core game is fun and balanced enough in terms of its MP.

I think these are fair questions to ask.

While there are fans out there that do like Sprint, AA's, and Large maps, those qualities work great in gametypes that work good or amazing in Throwdown or Invasion, perhaps Dominion? But the problem these devs will have to decide is whether to keep them or scrap them depending on what their core focus is and whether or not the type of gameplay and maps work properly with those variables.

Hard choices to make without alienating fans who want to be catered. But even though their standards were met in Halo 4 with these qualities, a lot of them either contradict themselves of Halo's Arena core focus and wanting something completely new and "Realistic" to real life warfare being random and chaotic while they do eventually realize that Halo 4 (or Reach) doesn't feel like Halo at all.

That right there is the truth. And we come across these politically and creative indifferences. While the most important thing that we will have to accept or protest about a new halo game is whether or not the core game is fun and balanced enough in terms of its MP.

Does 343 even know how to create an arena game of the caliber of the original trilogy

While it's obviously taking cues from "classic Halo," Murder Miners feels more like Minetroid Primecraft: Hunters to me than anything else. Not that it's a bad thing, per se, but if I wasn't explicitly familiar with Halo as a franchise it probably wouldn't be the first thing I'd compare MM to.

Like, nowadays people probably don't associate Halo with Blood Gulch LANfests so much as they do "oh yeah didn't they like add in a bunch of cool cod stuff last time to make it gameplaylily balanced? joe chief looks so much gooder now, the old guys (bugle?) must have been lazy on making graphics" so I'd probably point people in the direction of Doom meets Counter-Strike with regenerating health (shields) and 2D Metroid's aesthetics more than anything.

and you want to play CoD with a Halo skin. so Pot--> kettle.

gso
Your wishlist seemed not so much innovative as purely derivative of other FPS franchises. There's room to be innovative, but your suggestions were not reasonable ways to do that without basically converting Halo into Call of Space Duty: Ghosts of Reach.
Pretty much my rebuttal^

I made a list of what not to include in the next game (although half can be in customs idc then). I didn't state what I want in terms of innovations and It doesn't mean I want a clone of 3, I've only included what I do not want in the next game.

I don't want a clone of COD which your "innovations" just so happen to create.

Top Bottom