• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Not impossible. Just have the Spartan hold the gun and be able to shoot while doing these things.
There has to be some point you can't shoot over the course of the grabbing --> hanging --> pulling yourself up process.

belushy

Banned
Well, perhaps you could shoot but not aim...

That is my problem with it. If someone is shooting me from behind as I'm in the process of jumping over a ledge, then that person could easily get two shots into me. I wouldn't be able to trade shots because I'd be locked going/looking in a certain direction.

I feel weird whining this because the ledge grabbing/jump over animation probably wouldn't take all that long, but that .5 second animation can screw you over in a fight.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Well, perhaps you could shoot but not aim...
So, you'd just be blasting randomly into the wall in front of you? Or like cover fire from Gears of War or something?

I think aiming while hanging could work well enough. But really, I'm not sure what ledge grabs would bring to Halo that isn't already there via trick jumping and stuff. It sounds cool, but mostly in an impractical "ninja spartan omg" type of way.

Woorloog

Banned
I suggesting a stupid compromise...
Lack of ability to shoot while doing certain things like ledge grabbing wouldn't bother me, as long as accidental grabs don't happen.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Lack of ability to shoot while doing certain things like ledge grabbing wouldn't bother me, as long as accidental grabs don't happen.
Stupid compromises are how we got Halo 4.

belushy

Banned

I would be all for testing it, as long as I know I wouldn't be stuck with it if I didn't like it. Too bad we are not in a perfect world.

This would be one of the things the 343 team would have the time / money to look into if they implemented it, but wallruns / ledge-climbs don't necessarily have to equate to losing shooting functionality. If you buy the whole Thruster thing, you could just have coordinated puffs that would give you particular movement vectors when performing the actions.

What if you could Skull fuck assassinate someone while they were climbing up a ledge.

"Long live the king."
*visor smashing sfx*
*fpukt fpukt fpukt fpukt fpukt*
Steizer: "DEFENESTRATION."

Oh, and I decided to jump on the halomusicGAF bandwagon and try my hand at a Halo 5 main menu theme mockup! Given the whole desert / dual-timeline themes (with the human-forerunner wars and whatnot) I tried to draw from Journey and Chrono Cross as inspirations.

It also solves the whole Halo 4 menu vocal thing pretty eloquently, imo.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
"Long live the king."
*visor smashing sfx*
Rdnmv.gif

lizardwizarding

Neo Member
"Hey this other game has this mechanic unique to it, let's drag it over to Halo because it seems pretty funny/awesome/cool to me."

-__________________________________________________________________________-

TheOddOne

It's a second-chair string quartet; solo cello makes up the first half, viola / vin / vin II make up the second half. The samples do sound kinda highland-pipey, but those are reserved for Beamish's theme when he fights a Brute Chieftan one-on-one with his space mop.
I kept wondering when it was going to turn into full on Braveheart.

daedalius

The deliberate change from the BR standard scope to a close range right, I.E.- red dot sight, in the only piece of official visual material we have to go on. What else could it possibly mean? If it's not the precursor to ADS then it is most certainly a sign of weapon customization which means the return of custom classes. It's one or the other. Cancer or tuberculoses, you pick. But in reality it's probably both.

Linking a massive gameplay change to a barely visible scope an artist put on a gun.

smh

Linking a massive gameplay change to a barely visible scope an artist put on a gun.

smh

Who are you to question how artists work?

But for srs, it probably means nothing but even if hints at weapon customization that doesn't necessarily mean it's anything more than cosmetic.

EDIT: jesus Madness

Chettlar

Banned
Only downside to the ledge grabs is it negates the need for precision jumping.

And slows down the game play, and changes map design so that it's necessary to do (otherwise why is it there, much like ADS), and also often lowers jump height (like sprint lowering based player speed).

So no. I don't want to see ledge grabs in my Halo. Ever.

I'm sorry but I'm just some pleb tier 'junior' member here, who is this twitter guy and why should I care?

Not any more...

Chettlar

Banned
Oh, and I decided to jump on the halomusicGAF bandwagon and try my hand at a Halo 5 main menu theme mockup! Given the whole desert / dual-timeline themes (with the human-forerunner wars and whatnot) I tried to draw from Journey and Chrono Cross as inspirations.

Well, it's not horrible at all. The drums sound exactly like the ones from Reach. That and the piano at the end make it sound very Halo.

Mix

Hey guys, I know everyone is waiting for Halo to come out later this year to play a game with a classic feel, but you should all go get Wolfenstein. Seriously.

wwm0nkey

Hey guys, I know everyone is waiting for Halo to come out later this year to play a game with a classic feel, but you should all go get Wolfenstein. Seriously.

idTech5 might suck a lot but man is Wolfenstein a blast. I await the retro shooter come back!

Not sure if it's worth $60. Not really into singleplayer only FPSs. Game looks really good, but I'm not sure if it's for me.

What's the closest game you can compare Wolfenstein's gunplay to?

aj1467

"Long live the king."
*visor smashing sfx*

Did you sample the percussion from Reach's Overture?

Tempted to join the bandwagon. hmm.

Not sure if it's worth $60. Not really into singleplayer only FPSs. Game looks really good, but I'm not sure if it's for me.

What's the closest game you can compare Wolfenstein's gunplay to?

Pretty much the exact issue I have. Not sure if it's worth the $60 price-tag when the inevitable price drop will come soon

Madness

Who are you to question how artists work?

But for srs, it probably means nothing but even if hints at weapon customization that doesn't necessarily mean it's anything more than cosmetic.

EDIT: jesus Madness

Haha, I edited it out. "There'll be another time" for that post. Don't know why, just felt like writing that.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait to play Wolfenstein. I'm pretty busy till next week, but I might have to pick it up anyways and spend all my non-work time on it.

I know all and see all.
sure thing, dude

Haha, I edited it out. "There'll be another time" for that post. Don't know why, just felt like writing that.

I was just surprised that there was wall that came outta nowhere. I still can't believe ADS is seriously suggested by anyone who cares enough about Halo to post in this thread.

"Hey this other game has this mechanic unique to it, let's drag it over to Halo because it seems pretty funny/awesome/cool to me."

-__________________________________________________________________________-

Its not like I want some features of X game to be in Halo 4 but 343i have to take notes and make unique mechanics of its own for Halo 5
Why not fist them instead?

You can do that in halo 4 (and a punch to the balls in Reach).

Top Bottom