• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

IHaveIce

Banned
What if we're not showing anything? I guess I better go to the office and see if there's anything laying around. Whip up something quick.
You in 343 don't have to show stuff, it is enough for us if Saber or MS presents Halo 2 HD, why? Do you also make a game?

Halo 2 is the only halo campaign I've never played so I'll be pretty damm happy if the H2A rumors are true
it has to be

My only fear right now is the multiplayer.

TCKaos

Couldn't we also assess game length? Track how long it takes your team to finish a game compared to the average of players at the mean trueskill level for that gametype/playlist. Throw in some kind of kills/assists-over-time metric that prevents those epic tug of war matches from being counted as bad for your rank.

I think it'd be neat.

blamite

To be honest I'd probably buy at least a month of live and start playing H4 again if the Oddball playlist came back. Best gametype by far, and I know I'm the only person who thinks this but dropping single-gametype playlists was a huge mistake.

For E3 I hope 343 shows us a potato. Day 1 if they do.
greek-potato.standard%20460x345.gif

Would you guys be interested in a little Chief for Smash Bros writeup? The moveset seems surprisingly doable. It's not some "NINTEN PLS ADD IN NOW" thing, I never expect it to happen. It'd just be interesting to see him converted in to SSB format.

funknown back me up on this

Fuchsdh

So just when Nicole-458 gets off that damn space station, she's thrown into another vortex leading to a parallel cutesy dimension where she's just gotta' wreck all kinds of people?

Would you guys be interested in a little Chief for Smash Bros writeup? The moveset seems surprisingly doable. It's not some "NINTEN PLS ADD IN NOW" thing, I never expect it to happen. It'd just be interesting to see him converted in to SSB format.

FUNKNOWN back me up on this

Check PM's.

EDIT:
I wonder how many people even remember that crossover

she has an AA
I was this close to getting that game just for the crossover. More of this needs to happen IMO.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Mods pls close this thread. It was made a 343 employee and I thought this shill advertising shit was against the rules

And only now, when it is too late do you understand.

Oh I'm afraid this battle station will be quite operational when your friends arrive.

wwm0nkey

Fable Anniversary coming to PC, MS is loving Steam recently.... All we need now is the the Halo Trilogy... Which I will buy on XBOX One and PC lol

Omni

Mortal Kombat, Homefront and Forza would have gone under if the next E3 is really so loaded with reveals.

Forza is a big one. I highly doubt it would have gone under the radar.

I'm a bit sceptical about MS's conference now that they've announced arguably two of their biggest IP sequels beforehand. I can just see the whole thing being about Kinext, like it was a few years ago... which obviously would blow

vvvv

We'll see, I guess. Only like a week now eeeep

Daryl's Crossbow and the Future of the Boltshot

SPOILER ALERT: Zombies, in AMC's TV series "The Walking Dead", die when shot in the head; shooting them in the body does virtually no damage.

Daryl's signature weapon is a crossbow. Similar to the Boltshot, this weapon must be charged before it can be fired. Unlike the Boltshot, Daryl's Crossbow must achieve a headshot in order to kill a zombie.

A zombie is similar to a player with an Overshield in that they both eat bodyshots. Unlike an Overshield enemy, a zombie can be killed with a single headshot. The unique dicotemy of a zombie's damage resistance, between headshots, which are lethal, and bodyshots, which do virtually no damage, allows for two drastically different situations to play out depending on shot placement.

Zombie is hit with a bodyshot, taking virtually no damage.

Zombie is hit with a headshot, taking fatal damage.

If the charged Boltshot fired a single high-damage bolt, rather than a multitude of low-damage projectiles, it would behave more like Daryl's Crossbow.

If the single bolt, that the charged Boltshot fired, ignored shields, passing through all shield layers without damaging them, while dealing just one hitpoint of headshot capable damage to health, it would emulate the effects of Daryl's Crossbow, in regard to useless bodyshots and lethal headshots, heightening both the risk and reward factor in the weapon's operation because the head is smaller target than the body but offers a greater reward if hit.

wwm0nkey

I'm a bit sceptical about MS's conference now that they've announced arguably two of their biggest IP sequels beforehand. I can just see the whole thing being about Kinext, like it was a few years ago... which obviously would blow

No I actually think they have a lot to show this year and need to make room for more reveals, also Horizon 2 also added further confirmation to Halo 2 Anniversary but I don't think we even need more confirmation anymore lol

MS needs to make new IP asap relying in old IPs wont make you be the primary console anymore.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Daryl's Crossbow and the Future of the Boltshot

SPOILER ALERT: Zombies, in AMC's TV series "The Walking Dead", die when shot in the head; shooting them in the body does virtually no damage.

Daryl's signature weapon is a crossbow. Similar to the Boltshot, this weapon must be charged before it can be fired. Unlike the Boltshot, Daryl's Crossbow must achieve a headshot in order to kill a zombie.

A zombie is similar to a player with an Overshield in that they both eat bodyshots. Unlike an Overshield enemy, a zombie can be killed with a single headshot. The unique dicotemy of a zombie's damage resistance, between headshots, which are lethal, and bodyshots, which do virtually no damage, allows for two drastically different situations to play out depending on shot placement.

Zombie is hit with a bodyshot, taking virtually no damage.

Zombie is hit with a headshot, taking fatal damage.

If the charged Boltshot fired a single high-damage bolt, rather than a multitude of low-damage projectiles, it would behave more like Daryl's Crossbow.

If the single bolt, that the charged Boltshot fired, ignored shields, passing through all shield layers without damaging them, while dealing just one hitpoint of headshot capable damage to health, it would emulate the effects of Daryl's Crossbow, in regard to useless bodyshots and lethal headshots, heightening both the risk and reward factor in the weapon's operation because the head is smaller target than the body but offers a greater reward if hit.
hdOFWBr.gif

welcome!

Titanfall and Forza Horizon 2 worry me now. I can't event imagine Halo 2 Anniversary's announcement.

Halo War Collection for Xbox One, developed by 343i.
also available for 360 developed by Certain Affinity

Microsoft would ruins the Xbox One's chance to sell gangbusters this Holiday with the One.

Omni

Halo War Collection isn't coming to 360.

I'll gladly eat crow if I'm mistaken but it makes absolutely no sense at all - because shockingly, all the Halo games bar 2 are there already and have reached market saturation.

I can see the straight H2 remake being cross gen with a gimped resolution / framerate (hoping it's not), but the collection altogether? No chance.

Top Bottom