• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Woorloog

Banned
Of the original trilogy what melee system did people prefer?

The lunge system was a big addition in 3 plus it's increased power, you could say it was very noob friendly.

Halo 2 without lunge (so, Halo CE?). Can't recall the exact differences between the systems though. Didn't Halo 2 have running and jumping melee attacks to be stronger? Or was that Halo CE?
While H3 is my favorite Halo, i never liked its melee system. Beating down people in it was fun, especially when it sent bodies flying but that power with too much lunge, ugh. Melee should be something to finish off an almost dead enemy, require more hits to kill someone. Making running and jumping melee stronger would be nice too.
OTOH, i'd prefer to get rid of instant-kill when hitting someone to back unless one assassinates (you know, animation, though i'd speed them up a tad too) the other properly, and of course, i'd prefer the game to be played without radars so assassinating people would be easier, balancing the lack of instant kill melee. EDIT if you wonder why, to give assassinations some real point rather than just being a fancy way of saying: "watch yo back". Remove the feature you say? Never, it is way too cool to remove, just give us a real reason to use it, and make it a tad faster.

Ampoc

Neo Member
QKhoauS.png

moar hamish pls

Woorloog

Banned
Hamish Beamish Megabloks fig. With space-broom.
EDIT i take it the above figure Frankie showed us isn't a Megabloks fig? Can't actually recall quite how Megabloks figs look, just that they're kind of terrible.

Mistel

Banned
Hamish Beamish Megabloks fig. With space-broom.
EDIT i take it the above figure Frankie showed us isn't a Megabloks fig? Can't actually recall quite how Megabloks figs look, just that they're kind of terrible.
It is a megablocks figure. I'm surprised no one has commented on the eyes yet really.

Woorloog

Banned
They have that many joints? Huh. I thought they had less (more than Lego minifigs but not that many).
Hmm. Gotta ask someone from LegoGAF to make a custom (customized or stock parts, don't care) Hamish Beamish minifig. Just for the sake of it.

Mistel

Banned
You could probably make a fully articulated figure with ball and socket joints with full body movement the colors might be a bit of though.

Woorloog

Banned
You could probably make a fully articulated figure with ball and socket joints with full body movement the colors might be a bit of though.

Wasn't thinking a figure made with the building blocks, just a minifig. Pretty easy probably. Light gray arms and legs, some light gray torso that looks a bit like a uniform, suitable head (no need for head accessory).
OTOH a larger figure made with the new Mixels joints or something might be cool...

Never got around making something Halo with legos i have, i tried a Pelican once but quickly dropped that idea for some reason. Have enough gray pieces a micro scale Halcyon or an UNSC Frigate might be possible, hmm...

I'll take the following:

1. H2 melee/sword strafe dodge.
2. H2 lunge (nerf range a bit), you could dodge using your own melee and then counter attack.
3. Running and jumping melee = 1HK, momentum for the win.
4. Standing or walking melee only drops shields.
5. Potentially a rock paper scissors aspect added to melee e.g. official in the manual BXR style system.

Dedis better vastly improve the melee hit detection, I'm sick of being off a ledge or dropping/jumping to another level only to find some magical melee connected from a mile away.

Wow. Played Halo for the first time in a long time tonight. I still wish there weren't so many armor abilities and perks and whatnot but damn it I still love Halo.

Updated melee in Halo 3 maybe, no the last one in the last map pack settings
I can't even remember this update, I'll have to dig through bungie.net.
If someone charted all the updates in the games somewhere that would be cool.

Yep, I think certain bits of each mixed together would work well. I didn't like Reachs melee system as it didn't reward who had reduced the other opponents shields down more, instead allowing people to sprint and then double beat down despite a 1/4+ of a clip been pumped into their sheilds.

All in all I think 2 had what I would consider closest to optimum melee, but certainly not perfect.

My wife was pretty excited a couple of nights ago when her k/d ratio finally surpassed 1.0 at Halo 4. This is especially impressive to me considering she was about -500 deaths a couple of months ago. It has been a lot of fun sitting at her side, coaching her up, and watching her improve. The downside to this is sharing the xbox because splitscreen is not bueno.

Woorloog

Banned
Playing in splitscreen with a friend or someone else is the best in Halo.
Well, would be, if Reach and Halo 4 didn't look so bad in splitscreen, with horrible draw distance.
I really, really hope 343i isn't dropping same console play for Halo 5, that would kill my interest in Halo for sure (i claim i want more than basic Halo but ultimately i'd probably be fine with basic Halo. But lacking splitscreen? That's absolute deal breaker).

MaxRealflugel

Neo Member
I so hope that if Halo 2 Anniversary is released, that it features authentic Halo 2 multiplayer. Or the closest thing to it. And obviously better graphics and some bonus fictional content.

I thought that having Linda's bio readout in H: CEA was a nice touch.

Mistel

Banned
This! Gosh it was disappointing that there was no exploration to the game. I always felt like I was going one direction in a narrow hallway. There was only a handful of places that did not feel likes this.
Most of it was go point A to point B to push a button or do a repetitive action even in the final level before the QTE. Halo 4 was really lacking on the exploration side along with Easter eggs.

Didn't help that the environments weren't that interesting sometimes / poorly used during the campaign.

Top Bottom