• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Fracas

#fuckonami
ROFLMAO. I know I'm late to the party but that's the most hilarious shit I've ever read. That is like even worse then the worst fan fiction you can find. I'm surprised there isn't a sex scene thrown in there somewhere.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Cortana caresses chief's chest

"...I've always wanted to do that"

TheOddOne

Armor Lock is in as well.
Troy_laughing.gif

By the way, what did you guys think of the coloration on the modified Halo logo I used for my sandbox thing?

iphUL9rlbPKuC.png

While the mottled, speckly metallic cobalt of the original trilogy worked great, I feel like Halo 4's was a little bit too pastel. I wanted to shoot for something a little more cool in tone (as in, colder blue-purple colors, not totally rad) and make it almost iridescent, where you've got the reds / purples representing the covenant, the central aqua representing the human element of familiarity and the deeper indigo representing parts unknown like the Forerunners, Precursors, etc.

I think I'm actually going to take a shot at tuning up the Halo logo a bit, because in hindsight the shapes are really odd. Even with the original logo, I feel like all of the weird angular serifs made it feel way too chunky for what Halo actually is, but even the sans serif logo seems like it's got way too much arbitrary curves-meets-hard angles going on. I don't think Halo needs to shoot for a minimalist logo redesign or anything, but I feel like it could be better if the letters (or the HAL portion, anyway) had a little bit of actual meaning behind all their accents.

II SHABUTIE II

Neo Member
Had to bug out early tonight. My connection was screwy and I kept rubber banding. Just quit outta frustration

Is it just me or are the tracks in Minecraft Halo different to the versions in the games? They seem a lot more orchestral. Lots of flute. More than I remember anyway

I think some may be different, but I also think that the ones that sound odd, may be from Halo Legends. Not sure....

Striker

Reach had the best objectives game types of any Halo game I've come to realise tonight, unfortunately they were stuck in a slightly better then average Halo game.
One hit melee, contesting was iffy, lack of sticky arming, defusing a bomb, and lack of good flag throwing makes it a bit weaker than H2's, but they're leagues above what they were in H3 and H4.

Mistel

Banned
I still don't get it, the Capra demon is super easy, I can understand people who stopped playing in blighttown though
I know Capra is kite the dogs up the stairs then maybe a plunging attack or two and you are your way again. That was my experience of it, it's even easier with a bow than melee.

I'm 110% for this idea, even though I'm not a fan of banning anything, one can only take so much bullshit.

Can we also ban the people that want some of the asinine things that are prevalent in most of the pastebins?

You couldn't toss the flag as far as you could in H1 or H2, which made a lot of maps in H2 (Warlock, Midship, Beaver Creek) exciting to both play and watch.

The pickup animation and the speed at which you move makes the flag process smooth especially on the mlg playlist. Compared to Halo 4's jankey ass flag mechanics.

You couldn't toss the flag as far as you could in H1 or H2, which made a lot of maps in H2 (Warlock, Midship, Beaver Creek) exciting to both play and watch.
CTF in CE and Halo 2 are unmatched and this is one huge reason. Becoming a walking tank with the flag made Objectives a snooze fest compared to the faster paced Slayer. At least previously it was faster and more exciting.

I mean.. I can't be the only one to remember capping a flag on Terminal by tossing the flag up to a waiting teammate. Throwing the flag off the edge on Colossus so it bounces around closer to your base. Riskily taking the Blue Flag on Coagulation to the back of the base to drop it in a piece of geometry so it shoots across the map. Riding on top of the Banshee as the Bomb guy to drop in from the heavens and arm the bomb on Waterworks. Jumping up and down in front of the Relic base to contest the flag as your teammates make one. Final. Push.

Seriously, do I have to continue? Objectives died after Halo 2. The only good gametype in Reach was Invasion.

FyreWulff

Seriously, do I have to continue? Objectives died after Halo 2.

I wonder why:

Throwing the flag off the edge on Colossus so it bounces around closer to your base.

Riskily taking the Blue Flag on Coagulation to the back of the base to drop it in a piece of geometry so it shoots across the map.

Objective playlists in games being exploit-abuse central, and even when played normally, turned into dragged out killgrinds means people have been shit ambassadors for the gametype, driving people away to never come back so people can get their rocks off for 10 minutes.

FUN >

Note to Fyre: That same shit happens in later games too, and arguably even more because of how slow Objectives have become. Weren't you the one who posted Zealot spawn trap vids? Shit, even people in this thread love racking up kills instead of finishing Objectives.. Lame excuse IMO.

A slower Halo is an uninteresting Halo. Halo 3 is not what's best to base a Halo game off of.

FyreWulff

"We've clearly won this game, time to hold the flag for another 13 minutes while we turn it into a Slayer match and do antics like CTF on Ice instead of just capping and letting everyone move on.. wait... why is this playlist's population dropping?"

Note to Fyre: That same shit happens in later games too, and arguably even more because of how slow Objectives have become. Weren't you the one who posted Zealot spawn trap vids? Shit, even people in this thread love racking up kills instead of finishing Objectives.. Lame excuse IMO.

Which is why I said "games". It happens in all of them, and yes, I've outright proven broken spawns on multiple CTF maps. Too bad I couldn't get any of them fixed due to corporate politics.

Akai__

Anybody know, if you can transfer savegame-files from Halo 2 Vista from one PC to an other PC?

I really don't want to start over again on Legendary...

Edit: Nevermind, found them.

Objective playlists in games being exploit-abuse central, and even when played normally, turned into dragged out killgrinds means people have been shit ambassadors for the gametype, driving people away to never come back so people can get their rocks off for 10 minutes.

Yup.

Doesn't matter how perfect the settings are, people are focused on padding their K/D so they hop into objective and farm kills. The heavy emphasis on having better stats than another person ruins objectives in all FPS games, at least imo.

antigoon

Here's a question. Will oddball make a return? Was it even in Halo 4? Slayer is fine and all but it usually gets stale to me without some objective games thrown in.

Here's a question. Will oddball make a return? Was it even in Halo 4? Slayer is fine and all but it usually gets stale to me without some objective games thrown in.

Did you play Halo 4? Oddball was a focus, they overhauled it completely adding throw mechanics and specific assassinations. The gametype is actually one of the better things Halo 4 did.

antigoon

LOL

I don't remember ever playing it when the game came out. I took a long (very long) break and haven't come across it the past couple days. Weird.

Did you play Halo 4? Oddball was a focus, they overhauled it completely adding throw mechanics and specific assassinations. The gametype is actually one of the better things Halo 4 did.
Yeah, and Ricochet/Grifball were a lot more fun because of it. The option to disable throwing would be welcomed too for classic OB.

Overdoziz

Banned
Ah, the good ol' days of Frankie calling the spawntrap on Zealot CTF cheating instead of just telling his minions to fix the broken spawns.

lizardwizarding

Neo Member
I always had the belief that Halo should emphasis the scoring and post-game stat screen to incentivize assists and other things that aren't directly K/D related.

It's always been the main crux of why going in by yourself in matchmaking has always been the worst experience you can have in Halo.

I'm not saying rewards in-game, or any objectives revolving around it -- but just surfacing K/D elsewhere and putting stuff that more technically helps win games would be much appreciated.

Any good player knows that sure many people stat in objective but you can watch any good player and in some maps/gametypes, the necessity to slay harder than you normally would is required so in those specific instances and it should be reflected in a more elegant way than just showing everyone's K/D and maybe go back to the MVP system but for multiple things and not surfacing everyone's K/D.

Top Bottom