• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Madness

Anyone want a couple of Halo 4 stickers?

one just has the "Halo 4" logo on a clear background. It's actually a window cling, as it's plastic and the print is backward.

The other has "117" and "Heroes Never Die" on it. I think it's a sticker, that or a really long bookmark.

Been doing some picking up and found them on the bookshelf. First quote/reply gets them.

I'll take it. Sounded disingenuous how I first wrote it. It's just disheartening seeing you get rid of more Halo stuff.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

one just has the "Halo 4" logo on a clear background. It's actually a window cling, as it's plastic and the print is backward.

The other has "117" and "Heroes Never Die" on it. I think it's a sticker, that or a really long bookmark.

Been doing some picking up and found them on the bookshelf. First quote/reply gets them.

lol I actually have those clear Halo 4 window stickers and use one as a bookmark lol.

GhaleonEB

lol I actually have those clear Halo 4 window stickers and use one as a bookmark lol.

I can't even remember where I got it from! Maybe HaloFest?

Madness, PM me your address I'll toss it in the mail tomorrow. (Did you want both or just one?)

I'll take it. Sounded disingenuous how I first wrote it. It's just disheartening seeing you get rid of more Halo stuff.

FWIW, I'm keeping a LOT of Halo stuff. It's all over the den and some in the living room. I'm just getting rid of Halo 4 stuff.

Fotos

If Madness only takes one I'll take the other if that's cool.

Ramirez

Hopefully the payroll means he won't have to bitch about stolen controllers and charge $200 to sleep on hotel floors for 3 hours.

First Wahrer post I've ever read and not did this,

HfA1UgO.gif

Sai

'k, I'm seeing split up Halo threads. Would this be the place to talk multiplayer?

Started playing again yesterday, and I don't think I dislike it as much as I did before. Where's my old crew? Nutter? Ramirez? Y'all get sick of it already? :p

monome

Why won't they say they are working on Halo 5? This One crap is stupid.

probably has to do with Spielberg involvment and how the series and games will "interact".

Rebooting the franchise. Starting over.

sad Chief from trailer says no.
Hopefully "bringing back/ avenging Cortana" is not the central theme of Halo...

that said Chief's very damaged armor and the War Sphinx give me hope that he may have forfeited his military tenure and will run (and gun) pretty much solo. (Halo 4 UNSC characters are shit, and I'd rather have shock treatment than spend a second thinking of the Didact, even after reading Silentium).

Openworldish SP with Chief and Halsey onboard the Sphinx used as base and transportation and you're all redeemed 343i.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Yeah, that trailer gave me an "alone" vibe. I hope this time he truly is alone for a good part of the game. A rogue Chief would be kind of cool, though I wonder how it'd work in the story being that Chief SAVED THE UNIVERSE from the Covenant... He should be the most decorated war hero of all time at this point.

Smart move giving away Crysis. Great way to show how Halo 4 isn't boring as shit.

Also, belated congrats to Ghaleon's mod status.

New site font is almost as bad as the text in Halo 4.

Uhhh guys? CoD started primarily using subtitles for CoD 5 (modern warfare/black ops etc). So if Halo 5 has a subtitle, shitstorm appropriately.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
You get what he is saying though right?

That because CoD had a subtitle on 5 that if Halo follows suit it proves they are merely just outright copying CoD at this point?

Yeah I get it, but it's still insane. The only part that I understand is that a subtitle format would fit better into the "not just 3 games" thing MS announced last week. I don't think it would necessarily mean yearly installments in the core games.

If there is any motherfucking punctuation on the next Halo box I swear to god that I will personally buy you all puppies so I can kick the shit out of them.

Ghazi

I'd prefer them to stop at some point and either make cool spinoffs or a new IP.

Fuck getting the series to 7,8,9; that only works for Final Fantasy because they are each self contained stories in different universes.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'd prefer them to stop at some point and either make cool spinoffs or a new IP.

Fuck getting the series to 7,8,9; that only works for Final Fantasy because they are each self contained stories in different universes.
You realize that's why they announced that the Reclaimer Trilogy is now the Reclaimer Saga right? Because there are more than 2 more core Halo games coming.

Vico

Yeah, that trailer gave me an "alone" vibe. I hope this time he truly is alone for a good part of the game. A rogue Chief would be kind of cool, though I wonder how it'd work in the story being that Chief SAVED THE UNIVERSE from the Covenant... He should be the most decorated war hero of all time at this point.

I feel like the main Halo games always need some massive levels with lots of allies.

I'll agree that they should let us alone for a good chunk of Halo One, and it feels like they'll do it, but look at the most beloved Halo levels (Silent Cartographer, Assault on the Control Room, Halo Delta, The Ark, The Covenant, etc.), they all have that same epic feel which partially comes from the number of allies.

Good question lol.

I feel like shit for not having recorded an episode is so long. Shits been a little hectic. I really should buckle down and do one this week.
You should do it live!

Edit: Ooh, and take "callers" thru Skype. Take this shit to the next level. It'd be like real radio.

Good question lol.

I feel like shit for not having recorded an episode is so long. Shits been a little hectic. I really should buckle down and do one this week.
Do one that's a "morning zoo" episode complete with bad music, pointless short interviews, fart noises, in-studio strippers, and inappropriate call-ins from Uncle Arbiter.

Vico

Why won't they say they are working on Halo 5? This One crap is stupid.

This is not coming from me, but I don't think I've seen it posted on GAF, so...

When you look at the "L" and the "O" of Halo, it creates a 5 (just turn you head on the left). This has pretty much always been in Halo, and it doesn't mean anything.

However, in this particular trailer, the letter "L" and the letter "O" each cast a shadow on the ground. But the other letters don't. It can't really be an error, because you can even see the lines created by the light rays around the letter "O".

There is also a five written in the clouds above the letters "L" and "O", but that's probably nothing.

Though it could also just be a trick from 343i to make some people like me talk and speculate.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
You should do it live!

Edit: Ooh, and take "callers" thru Skype. Take this shit to the next level. It'd be like real radio.

I think I've done that once before haha. I might just get on alone and then bring in callers one by one. Lol

Do one that's a "morning zoo" episode complete with bad music, pointless short interviews, fart noises, in-studio strippers, and inappropriate call-ins from Uncle Arbiter.

I used to love z100 in the mornings. Need a good prank haha

And you know what, its probably the version of Halo3 that doesn't come with any of the DLC map packs. Enjoy that "free" game.

Why are you using inverted comma's there? It will be the full retail version, all the campaign and launch maps present. It sounded as though the playlists will be revamped so as not to so stringently require DLC.

Top Bottom