• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
No babbies allowed.

And you guys don't have to worry about having stuff prepared to talk about. If I do a show like that I'd be asking most of the questions and making sure the conversation flows naturally.

Ghazi

No babbies allowed.

And you guys don't have to worry about having stuff prepared to talk about. If I do a show like that I'd be asking most of the questions and making sure the conversation flows naturally.

But I can talk about Halo and stuff. You know, the stuff no one wants to talk about here!

Risen

No babbies allowed.

I'd call in if schedule allowed

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
No babbies allowed.

Make sure to pick people who have been around on HaloGAF for a while. With you, me, and Duncan, it was '07, '08, and '09. Keep it that way. Just an IMO.

Smart move giving away Crysis. Great way to show how Halo 4 isn't boring as shit.
So wrong. Crysis on Delta difficulty is amazing. Well, the first 2 thirds anyways. And only the first game, I don't know anything about the other 3.

Watch Nanosuit Ninja's Crysis guides on Youtube, you can do some crazy shit in that game.

Good question lol.

I feel like shit for not having recorded an episode is so long. Shits been a little hectic. I really should buckle down and do one this week.
You're the worst. I tell you my schedule and when I work, and then you just record on like a Tuesday or something anyways. Fucking East coast people.

Really though, you should just get Heckfu on it.

Tashi

So wrong. Crysis on Delta difficulty is amazing. Well, the first 2 thirds anyways. And only the first game, I don't know anything about the other 3.

Watch Nanosuit Ninja's Crysis guides on Youtube, you can do some crazy shit in that game.

You're the worst. I tell you my schedule and when I work, and then you just record on like a Tuesday or something anyways. Fucking East coast people.

Really though, you should just get Heckfu on it.

I haven't recorded one though. Nothing's set in stone.

Ghazi

HaloGAF radio won't accept babbies?

Yeah, well… We're gonna go build our own podcast, with blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget the podcast!

Tashi

I played a glitched out Throwdown match tonight where I had no HUD for the entire game. It looked pretty awesome, especially when zoomed in. I also went 43 and 15 so that was cool lol. I somehow had my best game of the night and of the month really like that.

Easy game, easy life? I guess so haha

Ramirez

I played a glitched out Throwdown match tonight where I had no HUD for the entire game. It looked pretty awesome, especially when zoomed in. I also went 43 and 15 so that was cool lol. I somehow had my best game of the night and of the month really like that.

Drop out & go pro

I happens more often in Dominion.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Microsoft on Halo 5, Halo 2 Anniversary
Microsoft exec Phil Spencer dishes on the future of Master Chief.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06...sary?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

Spencer said:
And yet, Spencer did have a plan: “But I did want Bonnie to come out and say, ‘First-person shooter. Master Chief.’ Because they’ll get the questions – ‘Hey, is this ODST? What are you guys doing?’ Bonnie comes out and reaffirms that 343 is building this game. It’s Master Chief. It’s a first-person shooter at 60 frames per second. It’s coming in 2014.”

But back to the 2014 timing. Does this mean Halo 2 Anniversary won’t happen? Because surely Microsoft wouldn’t release two Master Chief-starring first-person Halo games in the same year, right? “I’ll be open,” Spencer began. “We have discussions about it. It’s more about the right time and making sure that we really would do the right thing for the franchise.

Tashi

Microsoft on Halo 5, Halo 2 Anniversary
Microsoft exec Phil Spencer dishes on the future of Master Chief.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06...sary?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

That is so bizarre. I've just been thrown for a loop.

Hmmm. I think he's still speaking about the general "Halo for Xbox One" and not "Halo 5" which is what I believe was what the CGI trailer was about. So technically Halo 2 Anniversary in 2014 will be a FPS with Master Chief, 60fps and dedicated servers. It still works out.

Booshka

That is so bizarre. I've just been thrown for a loop.

Hmmm. I think he's still speaking about the general "Halo for Xbox One" and not "Halo 5" which is what I believe was what the CGI trailer was about. So technically Halo 2 Anniversary in 2014 will be a FPS with Master Chief, 60fps and dedicated servers. It still works out.

You realize how much shit MS would get if they specifically mentioned 60 FPS then it turns out to be a Halo 2 Remake at 60FPS?

Gotta be something new and shiny to show off the new hardware and "infinite power of the Cloud."

You realize how much shit MS would get if they specifically mentioned 60 FPS then it turns out to be a Halo 2 Remake at 60FPS?

Gotta be something new and shiny to show off the new hardware and "infinite power of the Cloud."

Agreed, definitely a new game, not a remake.

Plus, there's little chance 343 will do heavy lifting on a remake, they're busy making the new games.

I think that it's Halo "5", but I think that they might be doing away with numbered titles, so that's what the mystery is all about.

Tashi

But I believe 60fps refers to all next gen Halo titles. If Halo 2 Anny just happens to be the first (sounds like it will) then that's totally fine.

Actually, Halo 2 anniversary on a next gen engine running at 60fps with dedicated servers sounds like what people have been dreaming about for years.

Are you instead talking about the general press or something?

Yuhas said:
Agreed, definitely a new game, not a remake.

Plus, there's little chance 343 will do heavy lifting on a remake, they're busy making the new games.

I think that it's Halo "5", but I think that they might be doing away with numbered titles, so that's what the mystery is all about.

I agree 343 probably isn't heavily involved with Halo 2 Anny and they're probably working on Halo 5 and/or whatever other titles but they can't hint at that.

I disagree about the numbered titles thing. I think Halo 5 will be called Halo 5. I think it would be a mistake for MS to do away with the numbers.

Booshka

But I believe 60fps refers to all next gen Halo titles. If Halo 2 Anny just happens to be the first (sounds like it will) then that's totally fine.

Actually, Halo 2 anniversary on a next gen engine running at 60fps with dedicated servers sounds like what people have been dreaming about for years.

Are you instead talking about the general press or something?

It's cool for most of HaloGAF/MLG and some old bitter Halo fans to dream about H2 remake at 60 FPS and Dedicated servers, but you can't hype that to most people like a new game can.

I am speaking specifically if the 60 FPS/dedi's E3 comment is just applied to a 10 year old game. If they really go that far though, hopefully it is Don Mattrick awkwardly announcing it, and starting a little slow clap to take the edge off.

They need a new Halo game to show off their new console, a beloved remake wouldn't move the needle much at all for most people.

I don't see the impossibility of having a H2 remake and Halo 5 or Halo "One" (fuck my life), in the same year.

Top Bottom