• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Didn't you say the split was a good thing though?

Where in that sentence you quoted does it say I think it's a bad thing?

The threads are still split, news is getting to gaming side. Order is restored to the Universe.

Gui_PT

Where in that sentence you quoted does it say I think it's a bad thing?

The threads are still split, news is getting to gaming side. Order is restored to the Universe.

I just wanted you to quote me.

You're my favorite internet celebrity.

Sorry Wahrer

Tawpgun

So its based on average score? WHY.

THATS A TERRIBLE SYSTEM. I saw gamesager's stream and he went in with friends who just gave him all the weapons that gave extra bonus points for kills.

Did you ask for the jalapeno because I'm mexican?

I quit.

donde es mi plato de jalapenos

En la biblioteca de los tacos

aNeoKb3_460sa.gif

You guys are killing me.

No, Unlimited lives, linear paths and over reused maps was tiring until the second half of season 1. Make it right and transforms SPOPs intro real Operations Ops, Stealth missions, snipers only weapons,split the team to do different objetives at the same time,Air combat missions, Race missions, remember that mission where you dont have any weapons and had to grab the enemies weapons to survive? It was unexpected but still the unlimited lives make it very easy.

Yes this would really help provide a focus and less button pushing too. Just as you say give us some niche missions:

1. Sniper enemy leader take downs that start from LZ then stealth to execution all the way through to escape and rendezvous.

2. Space mission like LNOS, especially the 3rd/4th part where you board a Covie ship.

3. All-Hog-All-Mission, not just a hog run.

4. On foot exploration with multiple ways to secure some assets.

5. Maybe some branching stories or missions, sort of like choose your own adventure?

6. DMR/BR fest with something like Delta Halo opening where you secure the LZ and then defend it.

7. Public event like Destiny (someone had to say it).

8. CGI + our custom character used for in-game cinematics.

9. Recon mission.

10. Work with an ONI team/operative on one mission to gain their trust then take them out in another mission due to betrayal.

11. Janus Key locations, one mission to get there, one mission to infiltrate, one mission to escape.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Is it me or are there 2-3 black screens in 90% of matches?

Also, is there some foul play going on in matchmaking? In one of the kill-cams, this guy had markers/arrows over the enemy (my) team and could spot them anywhere on the map (in swat btw)? I thought this was merely the kill-cam replay, but it has only happened that one time.

willow ve

Also, is there some foul play going on in matchmaking? In one of the kill-cams, this guy had markers/arrows over the enemy (my) team and could spot them anywhere on the map (in swat btw)? I thought this was merely the kill-cam replay, but it has only happened that one time.
There aren't enough people playing to guarantee good hosts. I have found CTF to be the least frustrating playlist in that regard.

I've had the same problems. Sometimes I'll even be blackscreened and the rest of the match will play on. Has to do with the population count; no other Halo title's dropped this quick save for maybe Wars so the remaining connections are unreliable.

Cross-posting something that's 8 hours old?

Come on!
qVxAMiY.gif

Well I did link the bulletin rather than just the tournament, there is other 343i RTX info and screenshots etc (What’s Next: Halo 4 Summer 2013 Panel, Halo Panel Signing, Halo Official Store & Halo 4 Screenshot Spotlight: Scenery to be specific)

Anyhow fuck meta, was this worthy of pointing out mate?

Fuchsdh

Me llamo T-Bone La araña discoteca.

Yes this would really help provide a focus and less button pushing too. Just as you say give us some niche missions:

1. Sniper enemy leader take downs that start from LZ then stealth to execution all the way through to escape and rendezvous.

2. Space mission like LNOS, especially the 3rd/4th part where you board a Covie ship.

3. All-Hog-All-Mission, not just a hog run.

4. On foot exploration with multiple ways to secure some assets.

5. Maybe some branching stories or missions, sort of like choose your own adventure?

6. DMR/BR fest with something like Delta Halo opening where you secure the LZ and then defend it.

7. Public event like Destiny (someone had to say it).

8. CGI + our custom character used for in-game cinematics.

9. Recon mission.

10. Work with an ONI team/operative on one mission to gain their trust then take them out in another mission due to betrayal.

11. Janus Key locations, one mission to get there, one mission to infiltrate, one mission to escape.

Should drop the CG stuff except for openings/closings. Majestic Team wasn't that interesting because it wasn't developing characters you were playing as. Best part of Spartan Ops was getting captured and assassinating that Elite in Episode 6 because it felt more like you were involved.

I would love a Thief-style mission structure where getting detected meant a near-impossible fight, meaning you had to crouch-sneak and assasinate as the primary means of play. Just give us a "silenced" pistol model and we're good to go. I don't think you need to change up the core gameplay that much to give us more tactical experiences, you just have to put more effort into crafting the sandbox for those kinds of missions to funnel it down yet still keep it fun. Hope for Halo 5 and Spartan Ops II: Firefight Will Only Be A Memory.

Madness

What's wrong with Spartan Ops in a Spec Ops from MW2 style? Different scenarios that differ in challenge. Imagine a stealth op, you can't fire a single shot, can only use active camo and assassinations to get past.

Another is a sniping mission. Sort of like a sniper alley, limited ammo etc.

There was just no replay for Spartan Ops. No theater, no scoring, no like speed run or etc. Plus the lag was brutal at times with bullet sponge enemies.

Bring firefight back. People may have hated Reach's version after ODST one, but there was still times after multiplayer, I wanted to play a match of gruntpocalypse by myself, play some fiesta, regular firefight with friends etc.

Spartan Ops was much better in the second half of the season, but I'd prefer it's reworked completely. Tell corporate to fuck off with their attempt at getting that walking dead dlc episodic content money.

Edit: the best thing about Spec Ops in MW2 was the different difficult levels and the time challenges etc. But Halo could add other parameters. Only use human weapons, finish within 4 minutes otherwise reinforcements for covenant come etc.

Shadders

Reading through the tournament info in the bulletin, it's a real shame this wasn't their first Virgin Gaming event, if they'd done this first and then followed it up with the Infinity Challenge I think people would have had much better feelings about the whole Virgin Gaming partnership and 343's position on competitive Halo as a whole.

Big Team CTF is awesome, reminds me of playing 16 player quake ctf back in the day (and a little on quake live)

Big Team KOTH blows, seems to always be stacked teams and over too quickly.

played 5 games today, 2 of them at least had a good 2 seconds worth of ping yet the game did not change host for any of it.

FyreWulff

Big Team CTF is awesome, reminds me of playing 16 player quake ctf back in the day (and a little on quake live)

played 5 games today, 2 of them at least had a good 2 seconds worth of ping yet the game did not change host for any of it.

Does CTF have American flags today

Freedom CTF

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Played some games last night. Had another awesome idiot savant moment. Got stickied and boostered at the dude who stuck me..he got blocked by his buddy behind him and there was another dude trying to assasinate me. Got a triple kill beyond the grave. I know i didnt do anything to earn it...it was just fun to watch

it's 2-2 on ctf ragnarok big team

"sudden death"

as the blue team rush the middle the game suddenly lags and i use up all by battle rifle trying to kill guys who seem to ignore bullets.

Either it chose a bad time to lag or someone was causing it, either way at least it was a tie.

Tashi

Played some games last night. Had another awesome idiot savant moment. Got stickied and boostered at the dude who stuck me..he got blocked by his buddy behind him and there was another dude trying to assasinate me. Got a triple kill beyond the grave. I know i didnt do anything to earn it...it was just fun to watch

lol awesome. Clip it out

IHaveIce

Banned
Oh man the news for the tourney sound good IMO.

Also good games last night YourExWife and Fubar.

Ragnarok multi team has to go, so bad spawns.

ALso Tashi why is the Simplex position on top purple still online :mad:

IHaveIce

Banned
Lightning Flag(action sack) on Simplex. You can get in the roof of top purple abd there is no killzone, you can shoot everwhere from there and spawncamp the whole time.
From below you can barely shoot the person up there and only see the head

Tashi

Lightning Flag(action sack) on Simplex. You can get in the roof of top purple abd there is no killzone, you can shoot everwhere from there and spawncamp the whole time.
From below you can barely shoot the person up there and only see the head

Reported. Thanks for the heads up. This is actually the first I'm hearing of this.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
So I've been playing a little more since the update, I still hate it (mainly the weapon and load out aspect), but I gots a question.

I've always felt kinda lame for playing swat, even though I enjoy it and am pretty good at it, because... it's not really Halo? When I'm playing poorly sometimes I wanna switch it to swat but I feel cheap for doing that (doesn't stop me :p)

Anybody else feel this inner conflict about playing swat? I haven't read enough so maybe GAF has its opinion of swat set, forgive me if so.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
So I've been playing a little more since the update, I still hate it (mainly the weapon and load out aspect), but I gots a question.

I've always felt kinda lame for playing swat, even though I enjoy it and am pretty good at it, because... it's not really Halo? When I'm playing poorly sometimes I wanna switch it to swat but I feel cheap for doing that (doesn't stop me :p)

Anybody else feel this inner conflict about playing swat? I haven't read enough so maybe GAF has its opinion of swat set, forgive me if so.

I like SWAT. It's great for aiming practice. It still feels like Halo, just a bit different.

I wouldn't feel guilty or anything, you're actually still under the same ruleset as the other players and you die just as easily as they do. Its not really any easier or harder at high level playing.

I mean hey, its not like you're playing regicide or anything.

SWAT's fun.

Booshka

SWAT is bad Halo, especially since it is stupid easy to aim in Halo 4. Mostly bad players and casual Halo MP fans frequent the playlist. It's okay if you are just goofing around or decompressing from actual Halo, but it's not something that should be taken seriously.

TCKaos

It's pretty OP. Especially if you get auto-sentry.

The jig is up.

ipOoWmYUnMsyJ.gif

Haven't been hopping in games lately because I've been too enthralled in Peace Walker and WWE '13, but I'll probably get on tomorrow or the day after. I haven't played Halo 4 in a while.

TCKaos

You have just mentioned days I won't be on. Congrats.

Drop out, go semi-pro.

Or you could pretend that every one of your coworkers and superiors are actually extras on NCIS and bring your 360 to work. "It's a new advanced drone project we've been working on. I'm shooting some robotic insurgents in fucking space."

SWAT is bad Halo, especially since it is stupid easy to aim in Halo 4. Mostly bad players and casual Halo MP fans frequent the playlist. It's okay if you are just goofing around or decompressing from actual Halo, but it's not something that should be taken seriously.

I think swat is great but halo 4's autoaim does make it a bit too easy.

I hope the auto aim gets toned down for future titles I really do.

I also like BTB CTF, the map choices could be better for flag though. Also BTB regicide sucks on settler, no really it's just turtling shite 8v8.

Top Bottom