• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Gordon

I managed to make my way into a game of Promethean SWAT the other night - that was actually fun. The LR's mechanic makes for a nice trade-off at longer ranges, the BS isn't as dominant as the Magnum, and the pulse nades are a nice added dimension. That's one thing I miss from SWAT in H3 - being able to nade somebody out of their otherwise safe position.

Played a few matches of regular SWAT, thanks to being outvoted constantly, and just used the Magnum for the most part. Might seem odd, but even at extreme ranges I was doing well with it. Haven't had a chance to try Covey SWAT yet, but so far Promethean is my favorite.

FyreWulff

Serious question: Why hasn't Halo 4 ever received a double XP weekend?

Because Double EXP is still tied into cross marketing?

Each weekend they could just give everyone say 20 DEXP tokens, and then you basically create-a-dexp-list by spending them in the playlists you want to.

I guess once they saw how much money Activision and Pepsi made off the CoD DEXP Dews, it was only a matter of time until something that could have been inventive and empowering to the playerbase to customize their experience was held back to get some vendor buys.

edit: Because it solved the problem of 'Bungie/343 make this list DEXP' and them having to choose one to make DEXP, and let people make any list DEXP whenever they wanted to. It's worth more to MS monetized, which makes sense being a publically traded company and all. Probably just more overt than Halo 3's DEXPs all being behind a paid DLC paywall.

Ramirez

Swat is the best list in the game.

I'm not sure how most of you lament the loss of old Halo, but say stuff like this.

CTF with non Infinity settings is the best thing in the game currently. Waypoints & no flag dropping hold it back, but it's still the closest thing you'll get to a 2/3 experience right now.

CoD does everything SWAT does, but a lot better.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm not sure how most of you lament the loss of old Halo, but say stuff like this.

CTF with non Infinity settings is the best thing in the game currently. Waypoints & no flag dropping hold it back, but it's still the closest thing you'll get to a 2/3 experience right now.

CoD does everything SWAT does, but a lot better.

SWAT is a Halo 2 gametype bro. It's classic Halo.

TCKaos

Because Double EXP is still tied into cross marketing?

Each weekend they could just give everyone say 20 DEXP tokens, and then you basically create-a-dexp-list by spending them in the playlists you want to.

I guess once they saw how much money Activision and Pepsi made off the CoD DEXP Dews, it was only a matter of time until something that could have been inventive and empowering to the playerbase to customize their experience was held back to get some vendor buys.

edit: Because it solved the problem of 'Bungie/343 make this list DEXP' and them having to choose one to make DEXP, and let people make any list DEXP whenever they wanted to. It's worth more to MS monetized, which makes sense being a publically traded company and all. Probably just more overt than Halo 3's DEXPs all being behind a paid DLC paywall.

New avatars and names, man. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO YOU ARE ANYMORE. IT'S TEARING US APART.

JDHarbs

I'm putting something together and would like GAF's opinion on the best Forge remakes they've seen so far in Halo 4. So what are everyone's favorite remakes of classic Halo maps (Reach counts too) right now?

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I also like BTB CTF, the map choices could be better for flag though.

There is no BTB CTF map choice. Only Ragnarok.

I'm putting something together and would like GAF's opinion on the best Forge remakes they've seen so far in Halo 4. So what are everyone's favorite remakes of classic Halo maps (Reach counts too) right now?

Just played Lockout (in 4) for the first time yesterday, pleasantly surprised

TCKaos

Is Twitch nearly dead for anyone else? I'm still looking at "343 Industries" and the chat isn't loading.

BULLSEYE MAP PACK. YOU CAN'T JUST DROP THAT SHIT WITHOUT ANY EXPLANATION.

TCKaos

For us not watching, what? New armor?

New content pack for 800 space allards. Includes the Bullseye Map Pack with Pitfall (The Pit) and Vertigo (new map). It includes a new gametype called Ricochet (two week exclusivity for these people, then everyone gets it) that's like "Combat Basketball." New Stances, Weapon Skins (Steampunk Covenant Weapons, Gold/Black Forerunner Weapons, Camo UNSC weapons), new Armor Skins, new Armor. The Map Pack itself comes with a football themed armor, but the content pack includes an armor pack that includes Mark V, ODST and a new Forerunner armor (240 space allards separately).

Other content included in bonus content pack:
995425_10153038935050647_1999096810_n.jpg

All of this is 800 MSP if you buy the entire thing bundled. Maps/Armor/Stances/Gametype/Weapons. Whole thing. Armor Pack is 240, Map Pack alone is 480.

America Armor:
1043850_10153038995015647_595867429_n.jpg

Ricochet is like Griffball meets Oddball meets Basketball. Played on The Pit thus far, all of the weapons are still on the map. Ball is in Center Hall. Toss the ball around and if you manage to toss it in to a hill in the enemy base you get points, but if you run it in you get more points.

Why is it these people always have the dumbest questions. Now i still wanna know if you can put that "goal zone" in the air and play it like basketball only without having to walk through and if that game mode is playable in all maps? I assume that its possible but still, they did remove gametypes so you never know with them.

TCKaos

Anymore pics of this stuff I'm away all day

BOg483dCcAARLko.jpg:large

This is all I've got.

EDIT:

946845_479522162133749_1492948361_n.png

Still looking for a better shot of ODST and Mark V. Frankie pls make an update with some hi-res assets other than the ones in the Media Asset bundle on the Xbox website. I wanna see the new skins and armors.

EDIT:

Fuck, gaming side is good for something after all.

TCKaos

http://news.xbox.com/2013/07/games-halo-4-champions-bundle

Good deal, the price is right and believe it or not, im actually looking forward to the weapons skins. :p

I would continue to pay this price for this content in the future, given that the maps are actually good. I have faith in The Pit, but Vertigo is yet another Asymmetric infantry based slayer map. Hopefully we can get some 1 Flag customs going on it at some point.

August 23rd HaloGAF customs?

I would continue to pay this price for this content in the future, given that the maps are actually good. I have faith in The Pit, but Vertigo is yet another Asymmetric infantry based slayer map. Hopefully we can get some 1 Flag customs going on it at some point.

August 23rd HaloGAF customs?

Id love to see a water based map, or some weather effects in there. And more Map elements that are interactive is a great idea.

Fuchsdh

I just noticed the Halo 4 Mark V looks like legit armour, the space diaper is back!

Yeah it's still got some tweaks that make it look like Spartan IV armor but it's got some nice lines and I think the helmet might actually be the most accurate to the CE version we've seen.

JDHarbs

I kinda wish they had gone with a more classic Halo CE look for the Mark V armor instead of the Anniversary look. I'll still be wearing it though.

Ramirez

SWAT is a Halo 2 gametype bro. It's classic Halo.

Tashi, I will smack the shit out of you.

Silly mikey, or whatever your name is, you think Halo 2 invented the one hit kill game type? The point was, SWAT is not Halo, it's about as far removed from Halo as you can get.

Tashi, I will smack the shit out of you.

Silly mikey, or whatever your name is, you think Halo 2 invented the one hit kill game type? The point was, SWAT is not Halo, it's about as far removed from Halo as you can get.

So is Zombies, Griefball and yet theyve been in Halo for a lot longer than COD. Point IS, Halo is a versatile game that made its longevity on how versatile and customizable it was.

Classic Halo is literally different to everyone. Thats the beauty of the franchise and its what Halo 4 did poorly.

DeadNames

Banned
if legendary slayer is good, maybe halo 4 can be redeemed.

the pit.
haven.
monolith.
skyline.
onyx.

soumds like it could make a good legendary slayer playlist.

Madness

It's too far gone to be redeemed. The population has just fallen too far, but it's great for those who still play and is a great indicator that 343 at least acknowledges what it's fans want.

Pitfall, with custom settings should make for great gameplay. Static weapons, set loadouts. Only problem is flinch and sprint.

I'll probably just buy the maps and armor. Don't need the stance or skin junk. I just want mk v and ODST armor. They better not have held it back solely for this.

Frankie, how will the dlc be implemented? Same way as majestic dlc list?

Homeboyd

I know we don't have details, but what are the legendary settings comparable to? How we're they promoting it? Is it similar to pro? What's the difference?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
K at airport drinking non alcoholic beverages ask away.

dlc will be implemented in normal fashion and ricochet mode will be joined at hip with pitfall for two weeks.

Top Bottom