• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Forge |OT| Plan, Build, Share

At least now we can make as many Gold accounts as we want.

Wahrer
WahrergoodKDAs
WahrerExperimental
WahrerKIGriefing
WahrerKIRanked
WahrerH5Remakes
WahrerH5Competitive
WahrerH5MLG
WahrerH5Social
WahrerH5Racetracks
WahrerMusicpass
WahrerGravityInc
Wahrer_RocklobsterHub

I think this has been brought up before, is this the problem to do with spawn points? Not sure about a solution, I guess you could always ask someone to download your map and see what happens when they try to forge in it.

Had a friend try. The same thing happened. Stuck in monitor mode and cant move or hit any buttons.

BraXzy

Right gonna try and get a HaloGAF customs going, maybe there isn't enough interest, maybe there will be just two of us, but we will still have fun :'(

Post your tag and I'll invite cha

Edit: and then there were two.

Did I just break my map? Deleted the spawn points and now Forge loads me into the geometry and I can't do anything...

I put over 30 hours into this fucking map so there better be a fix or workaround.

Did I just break my map? Deleted the spawn points and now Forge loads me into the geometry and I can't do anything...

I put over 30 hours into this fucking map so there better be a fix or workaround.

There's your problem. Glacier doesn't have hard coded spawns on the canvas, so if you delete all the spawns and don't place any others down, you're SOL. The other canvases may be bugged too.

I personally don't know of a workround, but I'd keep the file though for when they patch it.

There's your problem. Glacier doesn't have hard coded spawns on the canvas, so if you delete all the spawns and don't place any others down, you're SOL. The other canvases may be bugged too.

I personally don't know of a workround, but I'd keep the file though for when they patch it.

If they patch it. God dammit all I had left to work on were spawns. Damn fine map if I do say so myself. I really wanted to try it out.

:(

Some really good remakes and re-imaginings on Forge Hub. I'd like to see a weekend playlist where they have just remakes/spiritual successors.
That's not BTB

same happened to me bud. I put around the same time into mine.

=(

I cry with you.

Think someone can join your game and place a respawn.

Rampage99

I ran into the same issue twice in the last two days. Put a couple hours in on Saturday night trying remake Hang Em High. Loaded it up Sunday morning and spawned into the geometry and couldn't control anything.

Yesterday afternoon I started the process again on a different map, made sure to put a red and blue spawn point (read about having to do this online), put a little over 3 hours in, hopped off to play some arena, and when I try reloading the map again the same thing happened. I think I'll wait a month or two before touching Forge again.

Karl2177

I wonder if Karl would be willing to put the remake video links in the OP. They deserve more attention imo. Seriously, i'm super impressed.

Yep. I'll be at work and mobile only for the next 9 hours though. If someone could compile all the links and specify where they direct to, I can just copy it and throw it in the OP. Otherwise I can do it after I get off work. For the time being, I am going to put in the OP to not delete spawn points.

The community is doing their job for them. Re-making maps. All they need to do now is enable the maps to become uploaded into a playlist move all Forge maps into this playlist that houses BTB / Arena type. Maybe two playlist idk....

Then provide us real dev made BTB maps. I really hope the Janurary update showcases some awesome surpise.

gAg CruSh3r

I'm thinking if they do a Forge playlist. I hope they do one for classic Forge remake maps and new ones that people built from the ground up but that's my opinion.

Raide

Throw them all together and please don't be slayer only imo

I dunno. The problem could be that everyone wants to play classic remakes and keep skipping the fresh new stuff. I think it would be good to have a classic playlist and have multiples of the same map played after each other and people vote on which one is a better remake. Keep doing that for all the classic maps until the best rises up.

shoreu

Right gonna try and get a HaloGAF customs going, maybe there isn't enough interest, maybe there will be just two of us, but we will still have fun :'(

Post your tag and I'll invite cha

Edit: and then there were two.

Damn it braxy I don't check this thread enough.

nillapuddin

finally rescue my map by using my girlfriends gt

forge for a few hours, put it in gf fileshare

sign on as nillapuddin, delete a bunch of old map saves, reinstall game, everything

finally gain ability to save

(overwhelming excitement)

put an hour or so into making tweaks on map, go to bed happy

get back from work, retrieving data, spinning circles, now this shit

To3kP0y.png

I love forge so much, why must it hurt me?

btw, Im in love with my maps, no regrets or "wish I coulda's" anymore
I cant wait to show you guys my stuff, all these stupid problems have set me back so much

Raide

sign on as nillapuddin, delete a bunch of old map saves, reinstall game, everything

To3kP0y.png

I cant wait to show you guys my stuff, all these stupid problems have set me back so much

Damn Nilla. Sorry to hear the issue. I wanna see your goods!!

To3kP0y.png

Do you by any chance live on an ancient native American burial ground or something?

Did you get your Forge powers by wishing on a monkey's paw?

Smashed the shop of the strange old woman outside of town?

Something of that nature?

Do you by any chance live on an ancient native American burial ground or something?

Did you get your Forge powers by wishing on a monkey's paw?

Smashed the shop of the strange old woman outside of town?

Something of that nature?

that looks more like the work of ZALGO, tbho̧̧̠̳͎̜̜͖̞̰͓͙͘͝h҉͔̰͈͍̹̗̻̟̰̙̳̳̺́̀̕ ͏͉̮͉̠̺̻̗̭̲̬̱̀̕͢s̵̨̲͕̮̤̗̝̘͉̲̟h̵̗̟͚̟̣̲̜̕͟i҉̳͈̙͍̻͉̬͕̥͎̱̝͔̥̪͚̪̘ͅt̨̗̠͙͚̠̼̮̻̼͓̗̗̺͓̭̜̬̕͘ ̵̨͏̟̣͙͇̳͖͚͝͡ẁ̢̨̨̲̳͕̱̟͓̩̻͔̟̖̜̱̤̤̞h̵̡̛͎̱̳͇̞͉̤̹̹̝̥͓̟͇͕̞́̕ͅa̴̧͉̬͔̞̮͖̩͈̠͓͇̩̤̻̣t҉̧̜͇̬̩͔̰̜̱̭͇̟̯̩̞͜ ̡̛̯̙̥͔̲͎͉̝̖̘̟͈̯̺̬̪͓͍͠a̧͚͉͠͞ͅm̡̟͎̮̭̥͙̥͢͞ ̰͇̘͉̱̦̘͚͈̰̹̪̯̲̺̫̝̝́͜i̶̛͇̣̠͍̜̫̱̬̜̤͙͖̻͞ ̝̻̹̖̬͖̜͚̟̤́͢t̡͢͟͏̱̳̩̼̗̖̳̝͕̞̩͔̩̮̣͖̫͢ͅh̛҉̷̯̭̝͈̹̱̺͍̞̲͕̗̺͜ͅͅͅi̴̛҉̞̘̺̟̬͇̣͈̯̦̘͍͔͖̝̼͉̬n̠͈̠̬̥͇͓͎̳͉͎̥̪̤̫͈̱͖͈͘̕͝͝ḳ̴͇̘̤͕͚̕͞į̸̟̳̯̙͟͟n̸̨̨̢̯̘̹̞̙̼̘̟̣̞͙̣͓̤̠̪͔̣ͅg̸̸҉̢̢̫͈̩̦ ̸͜҉̨̢̯̺͕̥̜̠͖̬̠̹̥͇̥͚̦̳͙H̢̭͉̜͍̳̠̀̕͘e̴͏҉̫͚̱ ̶͏̮̲̗̥̪͉W̴̗̘̠͎̙̞̹͓̬̰̯͡͞h͟͞҉͠͏̦̙̦͙̬̫͖̬̻̣̳̗ò͜͢͏̡͎̥̟̹̖̣͉̪̟ͅ ̡̧́҉͔̩̮̩̥͓̹̜͙̰̯͈͍͇̥͇͈W̸̧҉͚͖̯͖̻͝á̦͇͕͔̼̲̝͎̥̀i͕͓͈̺͈̜̯̕͝t̶̞͔̠̪̤͈̤̳̥̞̼͔̪͇̩͓͚͎̱́s̷̡̭̥͕̖̲͔͈̹͉̲̥̠̕̕ ̵̰̮̞̳̱̱̭̗̻̫͔̘̦̲͜͡͞B҉̭̫̟͔̤͖̝̖͇̲̳̻̭̣̻͙̥͠e͜҉͈̺̜̦͓h̹̙͕̰̗̯͡͠i͏̨̯͖͔̖̘̖̟̭̥͕̻̯̯̭͔̗̩̙́͘͡n͠͏̸͏̻̹͕̬̥̫̣͙͈͕͞d̵̨͓͎͕̘̱̮͈̫͇̣̤͈̟͕̺̖̗́ ̶̵̱͖͇̜͕̩̘̯̪̳̻̲̖̜͕͇͎̀͞ͅT̡̢̞̤͙͇͖̖̲̳̟̻̻̖̦͠͝ḩ̡͡͏̢̲̙͉̹̺ȩ̺̖̮͙̱̺͢͠͠ ̸̟̝̦̬̖̫̳̰̝͚̭̙̺2̵̡͏̷͍̭̻̻̦͓x̕҉̧̀҉̞̠͓̱̪2͈̳̭̠̣̦̙͇̪̻̤̩͟x̸̨̣̰̪̹̙́̕͝1̶͎͍̮̥̯͓͓̬͚̙͙̣̖̺̱́͠ͅͅ6̧̛̱̗̼͚̟̬̗̼̣̤͙̯̕͟ ̴̸̟̯̲̭̜̗̺͈̫͢P̴̧̪̤̬̥̙̫̠̖͓̗r̷̨҉̶̵̞̱̥̪̰̟̩̮i̛҉̛̠̬̬̯͕͓̳̙̹̩͍̰͍̟͎͍̰͝͡m̧҉̬̠̠͓̘͔̳͖̰̞̠̩͘ì̴̧̖̳̤͇̣̯̩͠t̢̜̫̱̯͓̻͈̩͇͇͉̠̀͝i̤̘̩̝̣͢v̷̰̳̰̝̖̤͎̝̼̼̟̘͙̰̕͡͞͡ḙ͕͉̙͙͇̞̻͔̀͘ ͏̯̠̯̙̮̼̘̬͎͚̙̙̜̰͖̻̳̹̼͟͞B҉̠͔̘̠̦̻̩̺̯͔͍̘̰̠͈͠ļ̷̨̧̭͚͍͕̳̩̬̭̝̫̀ò̵̢̳̞̻͖̟̼͈̕c̶̘̬͔͉̯͈̩͓͕̪̹̭͇̻͖͟k̢͔̜͍̬̺͔̝̀͜ ̴̣͍͎̜̱͇̮̠͇̲ͅZ̨͎̳̠̜̜̖̖̯̗̯͕͈͍̕ͅA̛̮̳̯̠͘͜L̶̢̨̬̞͚͔̱͈͝G̶̳̤̖͓͕̺̘̰͘O̵̧̦̳̳̮̹͔̰̟͉͍̖͇̤̝̻͖̤̰͔͢͠͝

Raide

Here's my map Frigus which is now broken. Maybe it's trash anyway? I dunno. Lemme know what you think.

Here.

Looks like a neat Slayer Map. I kinda like symmetrical maps, keeps everything tidy.

I think you would need to get people playing the map to see. It might only need a few tweaks in terms of object placement etc to make the map flow a little better but it looks pretty solid. Also some tweaks to lighting would not go amiss. :D

ShutterMunster

Between these and the Metroid Prime remake, I'm really confused as to why those BTB forge maps are as lackluster as they are (visually/artistically). Oof.

Top Bottom