• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Forge |OT| Plan, Build, Share

Akai__

I'm having trouble to find the right settings in order to make a wheel rotate with scripting. Has anyone managed to do that? Basically a spinning wheel like the Zanzibar one.

Ps: Amazed by the stuff people are comming up with. The last few pages have been incredible.

Akai__

Maybe this might help you...

http://youtu.be/8t8Qb-mm5Kc

This is what I have managed aswell, but as soon as you rotate it upwards it will screw up everything. It just keeps spinning in a weird angle. Also, once I figure it out, I want it to spin/stop spinning on a button press.

Thanks for the quick response btw.

Anyone know if you can set up Forerunner spires to shoot beams of light up like in Halo CE using scripting?

I'm not sure what you exactly mean, but it might be doable with an invisible light source and a cylinder form for example. One of the H3 Construct remakes has purple beams of light on the purple lifts. Looks pretty neat.

nillapuddin

Anyone know if you can set up Forerunner spires to shoot beams of light up like in Halo CE using scripting?

An invisible light with a white tight cone set to a small width, crazy long length and all the way brightness?

Also, I really really need to finish my maps : (

Turf is an absolute mic drop right now if I can just find the time, Foundation is also the best I've ever done.

Going to try and make a real goal of having playable maps this weekend for myself/yall.

P.S. I'm killing myself to perfect the garage doors in a way that will never break and fit into the map geo (when I'm not killing time on my other freakin 4 maps) 343, just make a damn door on a hinge piece and save us all the trouble, Jeeze.

p.s.s. unfortunately I already am planning my next map, it's gunna be.... mythic

Trup1aya

An invisible light with a white tight cone set to a small width, crazy long length and all the way brightness?

Also, I really really need to finish my maps : (

Turf is an absolute mic drop right now if I can just find the time, Foundation is also the best I've ever done.

Going to try and make a real goal of having playable maps this weekend for myself/yall.

P.S. I'm killing myself to perfect the garage doors in a way that will never break and fit into the map geo (when I'm not killing time on my other freakin 4 maps) 343, just make a damn door on a hinge piece and save us all the trouble, Jeeze.

p.s.s. unfortunately I already am planning my next map, it's gunna be.... mythic

From what you've shown of your maps, they look amazing!

I noticed that in foundation, you were using the side bases as capture points in strongholds. Will the front door be the only entrance points to those rooms?

FyreWulff

Gonna borrow a One to bring back to my place today, good thing Reach is right there on the One now to at least do some WU measurements.

I have to say I really liked how experimental the maps in Reach were. They may not have been the greatest, but the fact that we were able to get maps like Spire in Halo makes me optimistic about what the Forge community is allowed to create.

I actually feel this way about some of the Halo 5 maps too, namely The Rig. When we have some of the more questionable features of a map launch with the game (deathpits, suspended walkways, interactive platforms, etc.) it means that the community can create that and push it into Matchmaking without twisting arms.

There was literally a time where we couldn't put power ups on maps in Reach because they weren't on any maps in matchmaking. One of my maps went online and the overshield was disabled - it almost completely ruined the flow in one of the rooms.

Speaking of which, the new power ups are so ugly. I miss the balls because they were huge and looked good on a map.

I have to say I really liked how experimental the maps in Reach were. They may not have been the greatest, but the fact that we were able to get maps like Spire in Halo makes me optimistic about what the Forge community is allowed to create.

I actually feel this way about some of the Halo 5 maps too, namely The Rig. When we have some of the more questionable features of a map launch with the game (deathpits, suspended walkways, interactive platforms, etc.) it means that the community can create that and push it into Matchmaking without twisting arms.

There was literally a time where we couldn't put power ups on maps in Reach because they weren't on any maps in matchmaking. One of my maps went online and the overshield was disabled - it almost completely ruined the flow in one of the rooms.

Speaking of which, the new power ups are so ugly. I miss the balls because they were huge and looked good on a map.
I thought the balls were terrible. Huge and they block bullets.

FyreWulff

my first real 5 forge session

e33bfc443d2cc3fcb79c254bd94ed1dfc1fe9d37d107d150a26a5e8e52fad0b0.jpg

Akai__

What the heck is wrong with my game? Everytime I place an Interactive Switch and select it again, it will reset it's position to a complete different position. It just teleports away, without me having set up any scripts.

Then there is also the issue, where I set up two scripts (1 for moving/rotating an object and 1 for resetting it's position) and when I reset the position the welded objects are all screwed up and not welded together, like they should be. I can't work with this.

Here is the clip showing it: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/AkaiGAF/video/13583424

What the heck is wrong with my game? Everytime I place an Interactive Switch and select it again, it will reset it's position to a complete different position. It just teleports away, without me having set up any scripts.

Then there is also the issue, where I set up two scripts (1 for moving/rotating an object and 1 for resetting it's position) and when I reset the position the welded objects are all screwed up and not welded together, like they should be. I can't work with this.

Yeah that's a bug, you'll have to lock the interactive switch to prevent it from moving.

As for the scripts, rotating a welded object does not really work for me either. I tried creating a wind turbine but all the separate parts of the turbine kept flying into space :(

nillapuddin

I got you fam

For the first one, when you get it where you want it, hit select / deselect on it like 10 times. Then it won't move like its doing now

Dont have an answer for the second one yet but ill check it out

nillapuddin

Hey NOKYARD, any tricks for flipping parts of the map symmetrically? Center is 0.00 x, 0.00 y and -30.00 z so should be easy to allign everything. Inverse symm is easy to group half the map and rotate it along a center anchor, but mirror sym is a hassle when terrain is involved.

Akai__

Yeah that's a bug, you'll have to lock the interactive switch to prevent it from moving.

As for the scripts, rotating a welded object does not really work for me either. I tried creating a wind turbine but all the separate parts of the turbine kept flying into space :(

I got you fam

For the first one, when you get it where you want it, hit select / deselect on it like 10 times. Then it won't move like its doing now

Dont have an answer for the second one yet but ill check it out

Yeah, the Switch stopped moving eventually. Still pretty confusing, because I thought I placed it somewhere where it's not allowed.

As for the 2nd problem... I can't do my map without those scripts properly working. I made like 20 drawings for an interactive fun map. Guess this will have to wait for now.

jem0208

I've found that switches seem to move if you don't deselect them properly before going into spartan mode or spawning another object etc.

I've not had any issues when I started remembering to deselect them every time I edited them.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Pit Re-imagining someone made for Breakout. Pretty close to what I imagined pre-launch of a remake in this aesthetic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S13uYDA4kJI&feature=youtu.be

I've seen some wacky shit with the breakout intro mancannons and lag, I'd imagine this intro wouldn't work well in the wild. I could see a lot of out of region folks falling to their deaths at the start of rounds. Easy fix though, just open it up.

NOKYARD

Hey NOKYARD, any tricks for flipping parts of the map symmetrically? Center is 0.00 x, 0.00 y and -30.00 z so should be easy to allign everything. Inverse symm is easy to group half the map and rotate it along a center anchor, but mirror sym is a hassle when terrain is involved.
I have a trick for bases which i will go over in my stream tonight but i have not tested it on geometry. It should work on Flats and other symm pieces but not on items like Slope Helpers.
I've seen some wacky shit with the breakout intro mancannons and lag, I'd imagine this intro wouldn't work well in the wild. I could see a lot of out of region folks falling to their deaths at the start of rounds. Easy fix though, just open it up.
I am also going to cover how to block out the wall behind incoming players in Breakout, and how to disable the starting Spawns after the first few seconds. Tonight around 7PM EST.

belushy

Banned

True I didn't care much for the jump-in. Oh and the snipe tunnel super slide he was doing was pretty op but that could just be because the people he was playing against were bad.

I like the changes to middle.

I'd appreciate any feedback on this map I've been working on for BTB.

It's called Oversight.

o1ic6qo.png

YJYVF4p.png

WRacUvv.png

I've done a quick video walkthrough - keen to know what people think.

Main objectives were a BTB map that's a little more old school, and I've thrown in some elements from Containment (switches that open the base main gate) as well as elements from Valhalla and other classic Halo maps.

Video Quality will improve once the video has processed.

Trup1aya

I'd appreciate any feedback on this map I've been working on for BTB.

It's called Oversight.

I've done a quick video walkthrough - keen to know what people think.

Main objectives were a BTB map that's a little more old school, and I've thrown in some elements from Containment (switches that open the base main gate) as well as elements from Valhalla and other classic Halo maps.

Video Quality will improve once the video has processed.

I have no clue how it plays. But I looks fantastic. I love you created a snowy setting without abusing glazer flats and chunks. It makes for a very organic aesthetic.

Top Bottom