• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Forge |OT| Plan, Build, Share

BraXzy

i tried those since you said it, still cant

had my friend open up a map, i cant even save his maps.

nillapuddin626, literally, cannot save anything.

this is a major issue.

So its not just a specific map with issues but your whole account? Thanks sucks. Not sure what to do to fix that :(

EvB

Posted this a couple days ago over in the Halo Community thread but thought I would show it here also. I have started on blue room and altered a little bit more since this pic was taken. Hopefully should have a playable version by the end of this week. Then I can work on lighting and making it look more aesthetically pleasing.

8fKcBdR.jpg

That looks really great. Very neat and tidy so far.

The turquoise in the background, is that a particular area of the map or have you done something to achieve that?

nillapuddin

As dumb as this sounds, have you tried hard resetting your Xbox?

nothing is a dumb suggestion at this point, but yeah Ive tried it, no luck

got a friend to be able to load up my map, he couldnt save as either

but he had an older file, we renamed it and worked on that, but it is by no means a solution, cause I still cant save it, so unless he is hosting a party I cant work

Trup1aya

but he had an older file, we renamed it and worked on that, but it is by no means a solution, cause I still cant save it, so unless he is hosting a party I cant work

For shits and giggles, why don't you make another gold account (it's free on your home Xbox) and see if you can save a forge map that way...

just to rule out it being an issue with your account somehow.

BraXzy

For shits and giggles, why don't you make another gold account (it's free on your home Xbox) and see if you can save a forge map that way...

just to rule out it being an issue with your account somehow.

I tried that on my Xbox with my map that had the same problem. The bookmarked map acts the exact same way :/

It could be worth a try though.

Glass

Hey guys,

I just finished up a forge map to where I wanted to do a first test. So I hopped in Customs tested it, and needed to change some stuff. I went back to forge and my map seems broken. I can't do anything, I'm just stuck in monitor mode and nothing happens when I hit buttons unless I back out.

Is my map dead?

I think this has been brought up before, is this the problem to do with spawn points? Not sure about a solution, I guess you could always ask someone to download your map and see what happens when they try to forge in it.

BraXzy

This is a daft side thing I'm working on. This is what was giving me grief all of yesterday.

QUftCfk.gif

I need to work on the timing on everything so it's a bit less random and more tactical maybe. And probably need to have more large objects, a lot of it is easy to dodge.

Slowly getting there with it now though.

BraXzy

All the minigames people are creating with the new forge and scripting, since we won't have a customs browser in 5 I hope they go full wacky gametypes with the Action Sack playlist.

Just luck at this duck hunt map, it's pretty https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jmk0cr86Rs&feature=youtu.be

Holy crap that looks AWESOME.

Never even thought about that. All the cool movable stuff is really clever use of scripting. Defo downloading that.

Computron

They just hired Forge artists so we'll probably see some textures soon

source?

It would be cool if they brought in a Texture Paint tool like Blender has. You could import textures and paint through them onto any object. Obviously it would have a limit as to how much texture space is allowed due to memory and performance limits.

lol

texture painting with a controller.

If it was any other game i actually cared to mod, I could use these guys instead:

I hope this thing comes out for PC eventually...

BraXzy

gotten liike 12 friend requests over the last few days and i feel like they're all trying to take a peek at what i'm doing.

Probably are, I've added the odd person I see post their map to have a look around. But that's usually finished maps.

It is pretty bad you can see literally every file someone has. If it's a WIP it shouldn't show up.

matthieuC

Uninstall the game then reinstall?

I guess it isn't really a big deal for me because my forging style summed up is basically "good luck trying to steal this". The geometry is so complex I don't even know what i'm doing half of the time, so I'd probably have to commend whoever can take my half finished maps and finish them. It's good to get in the habit of posting WIPs online anyway so if someone does end up stealing it, you have the original timestamp online as proof.

343 needs to add the original author back regardless.

gotten liike 12 friend requests over the last few days and i feel like they're all trying to take a peek at what i'm doing.

One of them is me, I must admit. I've been showing my wife all your clips and pictures and I found out I could play your WIP's so I added you. We were having fun running around in your maps and looking at all the details and techniques.

Work wont be stolen, it almost feels like an interactive art gallery and we're walking through someone's pieces! :)

One of them is me, I must admit. I've been showing my wife all your clips and pictures and I found out I could play your WIP's so I added you. We were having fun running around in your maps and looking at all the details and techniques.

Work wont be stolen, it almost feels like an interactive art gallery and we're walking through someone's pieces! :)

Well I'm flattered but I can't imagine half maps are fun to play on lol.

I've got a good handle on aesthetics at this point. Forge can do so much now and it'll only get better when they add more stuff.

On the other hand... putting those onto a good layout is still the biggest challenge. I hope it doesn't take me too long to figure out so people can start running around the finished stuff.

Think once I'm done with the "maps from Halo 4" I can start working on some fresh ideas.

Trup1aya

Well I'm flattered but I can't imagine half maps are fun to play on lol.

I've got a good handle on aesthetics at this point. Forge can do so much now and it'll only get better when they add more stuff.

On the other hand... putting those onto a good layout is still the biggest challenge. I hope it doesn't take me too long to figure out so people can start running around the finished stuff.

Think once I'm done with the "maps from Halo 4" I can start working on some fresh ideas.

Honestly, I plan to bookmark a lot of the maps that have impressed me so far. I'm no forger, but the idea of playing around in a WIP doesn't seem much different than viewing photos of one. I just wanna see the amazing sites up close.

Wouldn't dream of trying to plagerize someone else's work.

Noobcraft

Anyone want to party up and play customs on forge maps for a while? I want to try my map out and I think it would be fun to see what others are up to.

GT: Mr Noobcraft

source?

lol

texture painting with a controller.

If it was any other game i actually cared to mod, I could use these guys instead:

I hope this thing comes out for PC eventually...

No, I don't mean like actually painting. Blender allows you to import a texture and paint through it onto a model, like it overlays the texture (say you have a concrete or rust texture) and then paint through that onto the model. Basically like this: https://youtu.be/ewvC1-YOUiw?t=300

nillapuddin

still cannot save, just had my friend host a party for a few hours

got a remix of one of my remakes 90% buildout complete, but now hes got to go to bed, and I cant save anything. I have literally no clue.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I have done everything sans reinstalling the game.

Trup1aya

still cannot save, just had my friend host a party for a few hours

got a remix of one of my remakes 90% buildout complete, but now hes got to go to bed, and I cant save anything. I have literally no clue.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I have done everything sans reinstalling the game.

With all of the saves happening in the cloud, It's absolutely baffling that this issue would effect just your xbox.

Would you be able to try from another Xbox?

nillapuddin

With all of the saves happening in the cloud, It's absolutely baffling that this issue would effect just your xbox.

Would you be able to try from another Xbox?

it wouldnt be convenient, but there is another box in the family, I guess I will drive over there and try. Ive had no issues with saving until now and at first it was no save as, no renaming, now no quicksaving or overwriting.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
All the minigames people are creating with the new forge and scripting, since we won't have a customs browser in 5 I hope they go full wacky gametypes with the Action Sack playlist.

Just luck at this duck hunt map, it's pretty https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jmk0cr86Rs&feature=youtu.be
I usually hate the forge mini game stuff, but this looks fun. Seems like there should be some speed boosts though, a good sniper could cock block ducks allll day

nillapuddin

now can save on my girlfriends acct.

fantastic, so nillapuddin626 is just a fuckin dud now

starting to wonder if the game isnt allowing "me" to save

I cant imagine any way I would get banned from saving or something, but honestly I have no other explanation.

edit:
so for my remix of Turf I decided to go in a different direction..

; )

we btb now

FyreWulff

If it's Xbox One side, I wonder if your account just got.. screwed up somehow and you don't have write permissions

if it's azure side maybe you're on a bad Azure instance. Maybe keeping your tag offline for a day will let the Azure instance get recycled and you can get a new one?

hell, if your Gold expires soon i'd almost say to let it expire to force your account flag to switch from allowed to disallowed, might unjam whatever it is

Dang. Just looking at all these remakes being done in forge in addition to the new gametypes and stuff is disgustingly good. Wish i had more time play halo these days. I finally did one BTB game the other day and actually came out positive lol. Baby steps.

Top Bottom