• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Forge |OT| Plan, Build, Share

I finally got an idea for a grifball court so hopefully I'll have time to work on it this weekend. What maps are the current templates on?

NOKYARD

I finally got an idea for a grifball court so hopefully I'll have time to work on it this weekend. What maps are the current templates on?

Better Hurry. Deadline is looming.

Template on Parallax, MM court on Glacier, Bookmarked maps in my bookmarks. You can strip other of my maps down and keep only what you need.

nillapuddin

I made this with your template.

beautiful work bud

T1YSstih.png

MiserlyThirstyCub.gif

Even posting on FH about it
http://www.forgehub.com/threads/first-1-1-h3-rats-nest-remake-by-therunnerup32.151068/

good effort by The Runner Up and all, but...

wVjJJQn.png

BFaxaBM.gif

At this point, all I can do is just laugh to myself.

Regardless if anyone likes my maps, its just such a shame, someone who has the potential to do great things for the community, but holds such a personal grudge that he has completely lost objectivity.

* brb, starting my anime boob spawn point art career.

nillapuddin

He went full Mufasa and became forever known among the stars in H2A as the duck emblem

sadface, I always had a real appreciation for his content.

Seeing that thing from fuchs made me think of this piece he set up for pete and I pre-Halo 5.

Thought it would be cool to do a look back piece at that and get his thoughts on the current tools : /

If anyone knows more or knows him personally I hope hes doing well

Hey Nok, I was going through all the specifications for Grifball courts and I can't seem to find any official rulings regarding the placement of starting spawns, esp. regarding the Breakout-style running starts. Is there a certain distance they need to be from the court or anything, or does it vary just as long as they're covered up and whatnot?

nillapuddin

Hey Nok, I was going through all the specifications for Grifball courts and I can't seem to find any official rulings regarding the placement of starting spawns, esp. regarding the Breakout-style running starts. Is there a certain distance they need to be from the court or anything, or does it vary just as long as they're covered up and whatnot?

Not the authority on this, but from tagging along with Nok the past few days, Ive picked up a few things.

There are no definitive absolutes on how far away or what angle the starting spawns are, and they can be on the court. Doesnt necessarily have to be a jump platform, I think its just preferred as an transition into the game.

{ I did "running starts" on foundation, but with zero forward movement, so you just kinda rock back and forth before the game from 3rd person, I love it XD }

(hopefully nok doesnt prove me wrong, but incase he doesnt reply I hope that helps!)

Thanks for the help, nilla. Also, what's up with the "Hill Marker" stuff in the spawn guides? Is that just an artifact / carryover from the Halo 4 days?

nillapuddin

Thanks for the help, nilla. Also, what's up with the "Hill Marker" stuff in the spawn guides? Is that just an artifact / carryover from the Halo 4 days?

(posting from mobile, not 100% on what you are referencing, but...)

easiest measuring tool, everyones maps are at different coordinates so if you throw a hill marker down in the absolute center, make it the same dimensions and you can instantly find out if everyone maps are the right scale

NOKYARD

What nilla said.
I re-purpose EVERYTHING! Use a Team 8 Respawn Zone at center point for measurement.

I made a halo football in halo 3 that was more fun than Griff.

Shotgun up close for kills sort of makes it more fun and one camp mid field helps teams set up for it and try to get the ball to the invisible player. Also made field goals at each end. Put it on the middle of Sandtrap.

I haven't messed with halo 5 forge but assume it could be made very well today. Did anyone make American gladiator yet with stationary rocket gunner?

Can you pass the ball in halo 5?

nillapuddin

Odd Piece bug I found today "Wall [2x24x20]; Simple" is actually only 22 Units long

OE0j0QLh.png

Also, started a pet project, Im a little burnt out from forging super cereally, so this is just for fun, more of an exercise because I dont believe the map can be remade to my quality with so few pieces, but who knows, I might mess around and make the whole thing

paMLOoQh.png

I did get the base completed and duped for R&B fwiw *realized its a crappy pic, whoops.

nillapuddin

You did this base justice. I love it.

Thanks man

Yeah, both team and cliff side buildings done, inside and out
FXzm7UI.jpg

Will tackle waterfall side next.

Like I said, I'm trying not to take it too seriously, but do really wanna finish it now.

* preemptively spawned every weapon and vehicle, plus 100 spawn points so I won't hit a wall outta nowhere

NOKYARD

"Flickr takes a big step backwards by making its photo upload tool a paid feature"

, Welcome to Imgur Nokyard

Crap. I just went back to Flickr after Minus lost 700 of my photos. Imgur compresses your pics.

i think it's just the desktop tool that is paid. The web uploader seems to work fine.

Top Bottom