• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Forge |OT| Plan, Build, Share

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
any good custom game modes for small parties? like 3 players small?

Glass

So Classic Remakes will be its own playlist? That's fantastic, the CE style maps I've played in 5 have still worked so well, absolutely the kind of maps I wanted to see more of.

Well this is exciting.

I pushed Ethereal for consideration in Team Arena, and have another map on the way.

Please let there also be a permanent doubles playlist.

nillapuddin

Decent Update, today is my birthday (the big quarter century mark) and I was planning on poopsocking some vidya, but my dad surprised me with a visit from out of state so now Im hanging out with him tmrw.

I wont have my submissions posted til next weekend most likely. Obviously everything I put out there is at full compliance anyways, but I want to do some named location alterations and triple check the mechanicals of everything.

nok
tumblr_mh6nhkUQQp1rgjkhbo1_500.gif

Yes, nilla. Yes.

Thank the guardians!

Yall know I bring the heat

heat = 6.5/10

But...but...condemned :(

just say condemned was on Halo 2 vista, Ill back you up.

Nilla: we can make Relic now, I even have one pretty well along, been doing it a long time

Moose: yeah I hope someone good tries it

tumblr_inline_mot4jbVOHf1qz4rgp.gif

:lol That's not what I said. Well maybe a little. I just really like No God Anywhere's spires on Viking.

I'd prefer a great monolith on Relic to a decent one.

Also happy birthday!

If I don't see Simplex in Team Arena, I'm going to riot.

nillapuddin

Happy Birthday nilla, you luvly sonuvagun!

much thanks my friend!

:lol That's not what I said. Well maybe a little. I just really like No God Anywhere's spires on Viking.

I'd prefer a great monolith on Relic to a decent one.
latest

Also happy birthday!

If I don't see Simplex in Team Arena, I'm going to riot.

Ha no worries man just pullin your leg, NgA has a really great eye for it definitely, I've only talked to him briefly but he seemed pretty cool also (irrelevant but nice to know)

Honestly, Relic is harder than people think simply because of the variety of terrain elevation and shapes, god speed to whatever soul picks that up

and you got me with the kappa, guilty as charged. and thanks for the wishes.

Think I did feel a bit older gettin out bed, 25 striking back already

nillapuddin

I see no holes in this logic.

Happy birthday, dude

:) Thanks bud, haven't talked talked in a while, hope all is well.

Happy birthday Nilla.

ZeldaGIF1.gif

May this gif of some serious waterfall exploitation make you smile.

Thanks man, did you make that? If you did, you replicated the old wordart that they use on the new 100 perfectly lol. Forge is so damn cool.

I didn't want to even touch forge this week, because I don't know what surprises are in for Wednesday. So I won't be putting my maps in that thread til I see what new stuff is coming with the update, there might be some objects or features that helps with optimization ya know.

... That didn't stop me from wasting my time rebuilding my relic replica..

But again, I'm hoping for new pieces on Wednesday so I tried not to go too far down the rabbit hole.

See yall tmrw at 5(Est)!

belushy

Banned
And those gravity slides are pretty awesome. Can't wait to see the crazy uses people will find. Wall-running in Halo is pretty weird but if it is mild on a few maps it might be pretty fun.

Fuchsdh

Avoid saying "shit posts" three times in front of a mirror and you should be fine.

The gravitational lines and walls are awesome, as stated they will be good if used sparingly.

The first thing I think of isn't actually wall running, but that you could use those to recreate the High Charity-style grav-path thingies from the H2 campaign.

Karl2177

The first thing I think of isn't actually wall running, but that you could use those to recreate the High Charity-style grav-path thingies from the H2 campaign.

I have a map concept that has been waiting for something like this. I wonder if they pull towards the center of the object or if it is just a vector perpendicular to its plane.

FyreWulff

I bet they will

It's "easy" to do since the engine has supported switching the projectiles like that since Halo 2 (Halo 1 you have to open tools to do it, Halo 2 onwards the host controls what comes out of the gun). The fact that you can even glitch the engine into this shows how "easy" it is for it to be done.

*"easy" being relative to implementation/test/cert/release cycle

nillapuddin

The
WALL [2x24x20]; SIMPLE

is still only 23 units wide

how can I get this noticed better, Ive tweeted at tom french before but I know he gets a million mentions, posted on here when I first noticed it but idk

OE0j0QL.png

Karl2177

The
WALL [2x24x20]; SIMPLE

is still only 23 units wide

how can I get this noticed better, Ive tweeted at tom french before but I know he gets a million mentions, posted on here when I first noticed it but idk

OE0j0QL.png

He gets a million mentions, but the guy reads all of them.

nillapuddin

He gets a million mentions, but the guy reads all of them.

well i mean he usually responds to me, but he didnt when i sent it to him last so i figure he just missed it. should send on like a wednesday afternoon or something

edit: wonder if the basin ramps are fixed yet, I will let them use my nilla fixes basin if they want, no credit needed lol

also, [lazy devs] I asked tfrench to extended rings to 64 lengths when they did the walls (rats nest curved ceiling was killing me) but instead of just making the rings 64 long, they just add 575 objects. ridiculous.

wwm0nkey

I'm awful at forge, but due to the weapon glitch I have a question for you guys.

I was thinking of a mini game where 3 people per team are controlling 2 scarabs.

Player 1 moves the scarab forward and backward
Player 2 moves it left and right
Player 3 gets a scarab gun (Fuelrod + Laser glitch)

There would be 2 teams and 2 scarabs. Then just have it be an assault mode where the first people to arm to bomb on the scarab win. Preferably on a metropolis inspired level.

I know the movent is possible but I don't know where to begin on making a fucking scarab so I thought I'd just throw the idea out there and was wondering if it is possible?

nillapuddin

I'm awful at forge, but due to the weapon glitch I have a question for you guys.

I was thinking of a mini game where 3 people per team are controlling 2 scarabs.

Player 1 moves the scarab forward and backward
Player 2 moves it left and right
Player 3 gets a scarab gun (Fuelrod + Laser glitch)

There would be 2 teams and 2 scarabs. Then just have it be an assault mode where the first people to arm to bomb on the scarab win. Preferably on a metropolis inspired level.

I know the movent is possible but I don't know where to begin on making a fucking scarab so I thought I'd just throw the idea out there and was wondering if it is possible?

*I know nothing about advanced advanced scripting*

on a completely superflat world, the theory would probably work

getting all those pieces to work together in tandem though, like the legs and stuff though, jeeze idk

wwm0nkey

*I know nothing about advanced advanced scripting*

on a completely superflat world, the theory would probably work

getting all those pieces to work together in tandem though, like the legs and stuff though, jeeze idk
I would probably just have a flying scarab to save on budget honestly but have them set to only move on the X axis (no up or down)

Also you could totally use gravity lines to have sky hooks and wall running to ground pound and board the scarab.

I'm super excited for the idea but I can't Forge lol

nillapuddin

quote for sneak peek of map that will never see light of day

I would probably just have a flying scarab to save on budget honestly but have them set to only move on the X axis (no up or down)

Also you could totally use gravity lines to have sky hooks and wall running to ground pound and board the scarab.

I'm super excited for the idea but I can't Forge lol

yeah there needs to be a forge classifieds

Looking for: Build a fully functioning destroyable scarab for minigames, k thnks bai

wwm0nkey

quote for sneak peek of map that will never see light of day

yeah there needs to be a forge classifieds

Looking for: Build a fully functioning destroyable scarab for minigames, k thnks bai
I am going to try to block it out this week, prefabs need to be here now though!

(Someone please steal this idea from me!)

Top Bottom