• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Forge |OT| Plan, Build, Share

Madness

forge_june_tease_01_v2-03ad7badf4aa4f4fb119c59b43fac604.jpg

June forge tease.

nillapuddin

new forge canvas is gunna be water world

been calling it for a long time now

we have infinite space, we need infinite water, infinite flat grass/sand/ice, etc

superflat worlds of every variety and sanghelios based world for sure

also

french said this is relevant

dont-decode-this-halo-5-teaser-a5e699ab1ce042d9aa1bc305cd7240fd.jpg

in the url "dont-decode-this-halo-5-teaser"

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
yes please. does the "/" signify or though? i'd really like a traditional covenant pallet, even over the beautiful sanghelios halo 5 stuff.

NOKYARD

yes please. does the "/" signify or though? i'd really like a traditional covenant pallet, even over the beautiful sanghelios halo 5 stuff.

Would be nice but they asked that specifically because they will be extracting items directly from the Campaign and re-purposing them for Forge.

I envision Tom French strolling through the Campaign with a giant shopping cart.

Pennybags

Forgive my ignorance, but what's the point in a Covenant palette? Isn't their aesthetic defined entirely by their plasmite metals?

Mostly, but forge pieces and props with the Covenant theme have been requested for quite some time now. While we don't know how far the forge team is going with this, it would be neat to be able to create convincing Covie structures with relative ease.

Quick questions again: Can you make invisible switches despawn after you use them? Can you send a message to make duplicates of the same switch also despawn? My attempts at doing these have failed so far.

NOKYARD

Quick questions again: Can you make invisible switches despawn after you use them? Can you send a message to make duplicates of the same switch also despawn? My attempts at doing these have failed so far.

Go look at Deadlock. The switches there move into the walls after being pressed. Despawning and/or respawning is NOT recomended for switches.

nillapuddin

okay, now for my near final request

take water world, but apply an infinitely flat floor on top of it.

maybe some crummy mountains in the distance, but lets get the giganto flat open spaces we deserve.

soap box:
I just dont think we should have to 'pay' for a flat floor to our maps.

it could even be the way we change skyboxes now, but it changes the ground texture

ground: grass -> snow -> sand -> concrete

You could build and animate the windmill pretty easily, I feel?

All re-makes have a static windmill from what I've seen. I think doing scripting on a rotating object is too difficult.

Look at the trains on the Terminal remakes, they go in a straight line, they couldn't get them to turn.

Cold Snap started life as a symmetrical 2 v 2 map for the Forgehub Double Team competition, which ended up being called Cavern.

Unfortunately, in my opinion the design was pretty flawed (why I chose to emulate the gold lift from Construct I'll never know) leading to teams camping the lift room and to somewhat stale gameplay.

3 Legged Goat (Also known as Twilight Gap) took a look and made a bunch of suggestions, which now leads to this version. I did kinda give up on it for a little while, but I think it was worth trying to salvage.

Anyway - Cold Snap is a symmetrical map capable of supporting 4 v 4 gameplay (it may now be a little large for 2's). The map is set in an ancient temple like structure buried in a glacier.

It hosts the following weapon set up and supports ALL core gamemodes.

1 x Plasma Caster
1 x Rocket Launcher
1 x Overshield
1 x Scattershot
2 x Light Rifle
2 x Battle Rifle (H5)
2 x Plasma Pistol
2 x Carbine
2 x Plasma Grenades
2 x Splinter Grenades

The weapon set, placement and layout is all up for discussion/change. I'm pretty fond of the layout, although if glaring issues make themselves apparent, I will of course be open and willing to make as many changes as necessary.

​​​
oWvV7mg.png

ShtnLQq.png

LKPG830.png

HA0WK60.png

Apwj9Cm.png

UozGO56.png

ndyLf80.png

2ZjM6vv.png

qj3SUQt.png

Any feedback would be most appreciated! :)

I built a basic environment in UE4 tonight and it's amazing how 1:1 most of the dev tools in here are with H5G Forge's toolset. You really have to commend how much work they put into the whole system.

legacyzero

Banned
Hey 343- Can we PLEASE have a playlist dedicated to playing peoples' user made maps? That would be amazing. Kinda sucks to to spend a lot of time making something only to not be able to share it widely.

Hey Sik, I checked out Cold Snap 1.0. My first thought on it is that the glass is deceiving. Other possible issues are not being able to pick up the OS and adjust the static camera perhaps.

Fuchsdh

Well, I guess since the new update presumably gives you a water floor, I'm just going to have to see about building my Rapture-inspired map on it to properly create flooded areas. Hopefully you can fog the vista out like you can on Parallax.

JDB

Banned
Well, I guess since the new update presumably gives you a water floor, I'm just going to have to see about building my Rapture-inspired map on it to properly create flooded areas. Hopefully you can fog the vista out like you can on Parallax.
Is there any reason to believe the water acts any differently than on the maps were currently have?

nillapuddin

The race to Relic begins?

I think I have the entire center structure built on a random save file

(inb4 lurkers start going through all my files)

I did it just for fun, I have the dimensions pretty down pat, been templating it since reach.

NOKYARD

I did it just for fun, I have the dimensions pretty down pat, been templating it since reach.
Hopefully prefabs are included in this update. Also, this would be a good time to think about remaking some of the 'sandy' Halo 4v4 maps from previous games. Just sayin'.

I didn't even think about Relic. I'd like to see No god anywhere take a crack at it.

nillapuddin

Hopefully prefabs are included in this update. Also, this would be a good time to think about remaking some of the 'sandy' Halo 4v4 maps from previous games. Just sayin'.

pt1. Would kill for prefabs, but I expect them to come with PC this fall at this point.
More curious about giant pig, starting to worry its just literally a giant pig.

pt2.
interesting-reaction.gif

I didn't even think about Relic. I'd like to see No god anywhere take a crack at it.

Nilla: we can make Relic now, I even have one pretty well along, been doing it a long time

Moose: yeah I hope someone good tries it

tumblr_inline_mot4jbVOHf1qz4rgp.gif

Top Bottom