• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Forge |OT| Plan, Build, Share

wwm0nkey

This year. Fall to be precise.

Sounds like it will be pretty soon

j40Un3p.jpg

Im hoping first week of Fall

NOKYARD

will you build on PC Nok?
or are you sticking to the xbox?

I plan to have both running concurrently.

My live stream already setup for both sources.

It would be better with 2 capture cards but this will have to do.

yo nokyard, how's avalanche coming?

Great! I am predicting complete terrain to come in at under 600 pieces.

Sounds like it will be pretty soon

Im hoping first week of Fall

First minute of fall.

I got one strong heavies contender in the works. Will test it soon.

inv plz

Hey guys, I'm just starting to use Forge and I was wondering...

do you think a map heavily inspired by but not completely identical to Team Fortress 2's Nucleus could work as a single-zone Strongholds map?

koth_nucleus_pit-700x388.jpg

Karl2177

Finally I own a capture card. I'm going to need to get some people together on my maps, so I can capture the footage and put together a decent video showcasing them.

Karl2177

Sweet - I have the internal card (if it's the same one?) Quality is glorious. :)

It's the same. I've only run into 1 issue so far and that is I have to unplug and replug the HDMI cable every time I do the video passthrough. The cable appears to be just fine for Xbox -> Card, but something is messed up for card -> other monitor.

I'm hoping for forge maps on PC they increase the lightmap size. Higher resolution lighting could make forge maps look much, much better. Also, can't wait to play all the wacky and crazy custom games on PC with my buddies. This is gonna be a freaking good time!!!!!!

wwm0nkey

Im guessing the end of next month along with the content browser since we know that is in the next update and it was supposed to launch with the Win10 version.

Fuchsdh

Good thing I ordered a 512GB SSD to replace my 256GB one... this is going to balloon my VM, haha. My machine runs in the middle of the minimum and recommended specs, so we'll see how tolerable it is for Forging. Don't want the hassle of booting into Windows if I can help it.

EDIT Crud missed the DX12 requirement; Parallels only does DX11. Sigh. Guess a new Boot Camp partition it is...

Compsiox

Banned
Well it is more than just forge since it includes customs. A new OT for it might be fine I think. People will want to organize custom games as well as forge.

Yeah it would probably be more for organizing custom games since Forge itself on console and PC go hand in hand.

NOKYARD

4K 60 FPS with a 980 Ti seems a bit optimisitc?

Now I'm genuinely curious how this will run on my machine.

Same here. My CPU smokes the Ultra (i7 5775c @4.2GHz), but my GPU is somewhere between the Minimum and the Recommended (GTX 760). I will assume i can run 1080p30 while streaming both the PC and the Xbox One.

NOKYARD

An i7 with a 760?

It was a Pentium G3258 with a 760 intended as a budget machine since it was my first build and overclock. All other parts are future proof/top notch like water cooling and a EVGA G2 750W PSU.

The plan all along was to upgrade the CPU to the best i7 which fit my socket, then upgrade the GPU to what ever followed the 980 (which i thought sucked at the time). Unfortunately, car repairs killed my PC budget and i am stuck with the 760 until the 11XX series cards come out some time late next year.

Top Bottom