• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Forge |OT| Plan, Build, Share

Karl2177

I'm guessing a backwash remake
I've been had!

Nah, I'm not big on doing remakes of developer maps. I figure that you and your crew have that covered. What I'm planning is loosely based on one of the sail structures from the second mission in Halo 1(specifically the one that the Firefight map was based on). I have some tweaks to the area to make it more competitively viable.

nillapuddin

What I'm planning is loosely based on one of the sail structures from the second mission in Halo 1(specifically the one that the Firefight map was based on). I have some tweaks to the area to make it more competitively viable.

Oooooooh I like it already.

I hope its asymmetric game types.

A man can dream

Doing rock stacks shortly if you or anyone else wants to join. Getting setup now.

OTJ ATM
WTFBBQLOL

Won't be home til 4 hours from this post.

Good luck!

I wish I could have kept the cameras the same but I think this gets the point across. I love these kinds of things.

uXNQSV9.gif

Distraction time:

I got an easter egg into Halo 4 360 in multiple spots on Relay when I updated the map.

The easter egg is extremely stupid, but it's still an egg, nonetheless.

The prize for finding it is
absolutely nothing

is it a pocket universe containing Super Cragmire Turbo

nillapuddin

Hey Nilla, your Hightide map is really great!

Thanks man I really appreciate it :)

I really love it, might be my favorite thing I've done in the game.

Honestly finishing relic in like, less than a week kinda diminished the experience for me. it's a huge feat but then immediately I'm like, yeah that's great, but, fuckin highlandsssss

The visually simplified for perfect performance version is coming soon™

Thanks man I really appreciate it :)

I really love it, might be my favorite thing I've done in the game.

Honestly finishing relic in like, less than a week kinda diminished the experience for me. it's a huge feat but then immediately I'm like, yeah that's great, but, fuckin highlandsssss

The visually simplified for perfect performance version is coming soon™

I was alone and didn't noticed any drops, but didn't even use guns..

game lost connection to server or whatever the fuck.

I now have a faaar more stable game connection after making this simple DNS change for myself and mates who had intermittent disconnects like you describe...change to Google public DNS. Apparently local/regional ISPs and their ISP brand DNS don't play so nice with some regional Azure DCs.

Primary Google DNS:

Secondary Google DNS:

Worth a shot IMO.

nillapuddin

I was alone and didn't noticed any drops, but didn't even use guns..

dany has Scorpio dev kit confirmed

I now have a faaar more stable game connection after making this simple DNS change for myself and mates who had intermittent disconnects like you describe...change to Google public DNS. Apparently local/regional ISPs and their ISP brand DNS don't play so nice with some regional Azure DCs.

Primary Google DNS:

Secondary Google DNS:

Worth a shot IMO.

Thanks ozzy Ill get it a shot

nillapuddin

Introducing... (with no accompanying screenshots, oops)
Lowtide

This is a performance enhanced version of my Highlands, but I assure you its not as ugly as it sounds (it looks nearly identical, just without so many rocks), I went through and did a top down revamp of alot of piece selection and cut down on waste wherever possible, it also is sans-Wasp which cut down on alot of objects that served as aesthetic perimeter.

I will now use this as the base map, and try to rebuild my way back up to an enclosed perimeter for a cool visual and most importantly try and get the wasp back in with perfect performance.

For reference, I changed this in my/friends xbox > network > advanced settings not the router settings as I want the rest of my web traffic on ISP data usage etc.

gotcha, after work today I will try it out.

Literally the second after I responded to you, this happened

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/nillapuddin626/video/20191791

Its so annoying

Opene up forge the other day and started experimenting with it.

You can hamster wheel inside the giant solo cups.

Also, why aren't more forge maps better looking? It's not that hard given the tools that are at the users disposal.

JDB

Banned
Opene up forge the other day and started experimenting with it.

You can hamster wheel inside the giant solo cups.

Also, why aren't more forge maps better looking? It's not that hard given the tools that are at the users disposal.
Like which maps?

Karl2177

After tonight, I think I'm becoming more and more informed on how to fix lighting issues on maps. I still don't know how it works, but that's a job for another day.

Before:
screenshot-original-4.png

After:
screenshot-original-5.png

Top Bottom