• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Forge |OT| Plan, Build, Share

Fuchsdh

So using my controller plugged in so that I can enter Spartan Mode and back to monitor mode, I've finally gotten the hang of forging, and managed to migrate all my pieces via prefabs from my old map to Tidal. Huzzah.

Now I have to actually make a map that plays well...

Karl2177

I caved and it's downloading while I'm at work. Hopefully it's done when I get back. Eager to build a few prefabs and plop then down on another map. And I'll be even happier when I get my new rig.

thenexus6

And why exactly is my achievement info in Japanese??

plWeY1z.png

Karl2177

Can someone do me a favor and tell me what comes up when you search for my content? I think I set my WIP stuff to not show up, but I just want to double check.

Cake Boss

Banned
This shit is soo stupid. I still can't download it.

Did the anniversary update thing, tried to downlod the forge bundle and halo app. Nothing.

Is there an ISO or something for this?

Fuchsdh

Same thing happened to me. Turns out I didn't have the anniversary update installed. Once I did that I was able to download. Launch. And listen to that sweet opening music. I'd post the link but currently on mobile.

Listening to Halo 5 on my 3.1 setup and my headphones reminds me how good the game sounds. For convenience I'm usually just piping it through my ASUS monitor on XB1, which unsurprisingly sounds fine in isolation and terrible in comparison.

Exuro

Has anyone on PC tried the UG Wipeout map? I've looked up videos of people playing it and on my end it looks like it's broken. Walls are missing and things are moving constantly like they should be. Really want to play it as it looks like a ton of fun,

iosefe

Has anyone on PC tried the UG Wipeout map? I've looked up videos of people playing it and on my end it looks like it's broken. Walls are missing and things are moving constantly like they should be. Really want to play it as it looks like a ton of fun,
Yeah it's broken

kagamin

Yea when I played with a bunch of people we couldn't progress because some of the platforms and other moving objects weren't working properly.

Velikost

I remember reading in here someone said the latest beta version of Afterburner would allow the OSD on this. I have it and it's not working. Is there a workaround or was I lied to

I remember reading in here someone said the latest beta version of Afterburner would allow the OSD on this. I have it and it's not working. Is there a workaround or was I lied to

Yeah I tried updating afterburner but I'm up to date already, still no OSD.
I'm getting the occasional frame drop, would love to keep an eye on it.

NOKYARD

Scripted timers with 'Position Reset' timers are borked until patched. I had to shut off the scanners in the back hallway of Deadlock because of the bug.

thenexus6

Just had my first games on Forge, man so good. This was my first Halo game since maybe a week after Halo 5 released.. so not played in almost a year.

Nothing incredible, but man it felt good!

Setting up games was very clunky though.. no voice chat, no text chat in menus.. are people using discord or something? I am not sure how it works. Are you able to hop on find people then move into a private chat?

If 343 released Halo 5 (they won't) i'd happily pay full price again for PC release.

well, looks like my run with H5 Forge customs might come to an abrupt end...

all of a sudden everyone's just disabling spartan abilities and turning it into a boring PC MCC.

was fun while it lasted i suppose.

well, looks like my run with H5 Forge customs might come to an abrupt end...

all of a sudden everyone's just disabling spartan abilities and turning it into a boring PC MCC.

was fun while it lasted i suppose.
I'll run customs on arena maps + core forge maps. No adjustments to starting weapons or anything like that. I might change weapon positions.

StillEdge

Lol ^

Anyone have a link to Halo CE/2/3 remade maps. I am looking for amazing remakes. I think I am gonna start hosting throwback games soon. Also looking for playlists that play like the classics. Speed turned up, no sprint, no charging. I love Halo 5, but like I said I want to start hosting some classics like "Shotty CTF" or classic team slayer. Maybe some tower of power on an ascension remake lol.

Hey Stinkles, having an issue I was hoping you could help with.

Haven't been able to download for about a week. I am getting error 0x80070005. The DL gets to maybe 25mb before the error shows up. I've tried every little trick to get this to work. Here's a forum of others with the same: Errors

This game runs like absolute horseshit for me, what gives?
i7 920 @ 4,2GHz and a GTX 970.

Turn anisotropic filtering down to 2-8x.

The game ran like crap for me on my 4.8GHz i7 4790K and GTX 970, someone gave me that suggestion in Discord and it's been smooth sailing ever since.

dLMN8R

Hey Stinkles, having an issue I was hoping you could help with.

Haven't been able to download for about a week. I am getting error 0x80070005. The DL gets to maybe 25mb before the error shows up. I've tried every little trick to get this to work. Here's a forum of others with the same: Errors

Is there any chance the drive you're downloading to is using Windows' own disk compression? Try right-clicking the drive in Explorer and going to properties - it's one of the check-boxes at the bottom of the page.

If not, another cause is when you have two user accounts on the PC sharing the same external drive. Does that sound familiar at all?

Finally, if neither of those two is true, have you changed any directory permissions on your WindowsApps folder?

Is there any chance the drive you're downloading to is using Windows' own disk compression? Try right-clicking the drive in Explorer and going to properties - it's one of the check-boxes at the bottom of the page.

If not, another cause is when you have two user accounts on the PC sharing the same external drive. Does that sound familiar at all?

Finally, if neither of those two is true, have you changed any directory permissions on your WindowsApps folder?

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I'm the only user account on this PC, so it must be the first. I noticed that the drive this is downloading to had "Compress this drive to save disk space" selected. I'm pretty sure I had Quantum Break and Forza Apex installed here without issue, but I am unchecking that box to see if it helps.

Thanks again.

dLMN8R

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I'm the only user account on this PC, so it must be the first. I noticed that the drive this is downloading to had "Compress this drive to save disk space" selected. I'm pretty sure I had Quantum Break and Forza Apex installed here without issue, but I am unchecking that box to see if it helps.

Thanks again.

Cool, that should fix it. There's a bug that will be fixed soon where some games which require the anniversary update don't play nicely with compressed drives, but deselecting compression should make it work for now before that bug is fixed :)

belushy

Banned
No server browser at the moment, but it is in the works. Mostly likely for the next big Halo 5 update.

You have to use the Xbox app to invite friends to your custom game lobbies.

Top Bottom