• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antifreeze looks more like Meltdown than Avalanche. That's good news, maybe we can get an actual Sidewinder remake outside of Forge. Make it happen, 343.

BraXzy

Holy shit, Forge is looking sweeeeeeet. It's awesome that they've done everything they can to make monotonous tasks simple and quick to do.

Forge looks really impressive.

Shame it didn't ship with the game at launch.

Also, going to need to see the file sharing/browzing systems.

Does people no good if they can create all these great maps, but there's no way to find them.

BraXzy

For people who can't see stream atm. Here's the whole colour palette on various blocks. Most forge pieces have three different colours, for main body and highlights etc.

8ec48cb480334f66d85b5eb463e3aa02.jpg

Fuchsdh

Forge looks really impressive.

Shame it didn't ship with the game at launch.

Also, going to need to see the file sharing/browzing systems.

Does people no good if they can create all these great maps, but there's no way to find them.

They've already said we're basically getting H4-style File Share for 4's launch (find it via someone's player card), but that they're planning on expanding it.

I'm hoping you can bundle maps/gametypes together for one-click downloads, and a curated list and category browser (mini games, arena, BTB, etc., or via game types it supports.)

Yes forgers, you too can fill your maps with completely extraneous minor geometric details that serve only to get players caught in the midst of a fire-fight!

EDIT:

They've already said we're basically getting H4-style File Share for 4's launch (find it via someone's player card), but that they're planning on expanding it.

I'm hoping you can bundle maps/gametypes together for one-click downloads, and a curated list and category browser (mini games, arena, BTB, etc., or via game types it supports.)

Cool, thanks.

Honestly, I wish there was something as simple as the bungie.net 'most played', 'most downloaded', 'most liked' system.

Between Halo 3 and Reach, I think my friends and I played on something like 300 different Forge maps, just trying out different people's stuff. People we didn't know, or would never know how to search for.

Laws00

Who is this Linda and why do people keep talking about her butt?

I'm lost

edit: NVM i found the question out myself lol

thanks google

BraXzy

The new magnets system looks phenomenal. Glad that they reworked that when the community cartographers were struggling.

Cool thing: When using terrain mapping (projecting the texture of the terrain onto pieces) you can set the terrain texture to a different canvas. So if you are in the snow map, you could choose to make some of the terrain the grass map texture, for whatever reason.

Trup1aya

maybe... but making a deep and rich data checking matchmaking service does not mean it's better (halo 5's methods)

I find that Halo5 got me into close matches in a fraction of the time it took in Halo2. And then halo 2 started being abused and the matchmaking went to hell. h5 is better by virtue of not being so susceptible.

BraXzy

Infection maps with that smoke though. THERE IS SO MANY THINGS I WANT TO MAKE!

I'm gonna be at home with that scripting system, pretty similar to some of the Blueprint stuff you can do in UE4.

Forge is going to be a game changer. While I don't want to play a saturated amount of forge maps, there's so much you can do to make them feel different.

BraXzy

The lighting stuff!!! WTF... I can only get so excited. Shit. They are practically giving us their Engine Lite.

The only thing missing is AI, if you had AI you could make single player experiences for days. Halo 6 is gonna finish and then boot you into their engine in it's entirety to create the future of Halo lmao.

Fuchsdh

Infection maps with that smoke though. THERE IS SO MANY THINGS I WANT TO MAKE!

I'm gonna be at home with that scripting system, pretty similar to some of the Blueprint stuff you can do in UE4.

The potential for moody and atmospheric maps is going to be incredible. We just need Infection!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom