• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl2177

To Frank, Tashi, Ellis, Domino, etc:

Check match id: 2779dfa5-da36-4669-8f14-8bb9e51fc5e7 for a bug. Again, throughout the entire game, no one could call in any reqs. Additionally I used a boost before the match, but it didn't even apply it.

Esque7

Check match id: 2779dfa5-da36-4669-8f14-8bb9e51fc5e7 for a bug. Again, throughout the entire game, no one could call in any reqs. Additionally I used a boost before the match, but it didn't even apply it.
This happened to me too, no reqs until around 900 or so points.

BraXzy

One big problem with Forge being on dedis, is when the servers screw up, you get kicked out. I hadn't pressed save for a bit because I was in the zone :(

I've seen lots of games with unbalanced teams like that. In the end, the match itself was balanced though. I chalk it up to available players at the moment you want to play, and if it is unbalanced at least the lower skill players get a taste of playing with better players so that they may improve.

Madness

Decrease SWATnums weighting please. 4 of last 7 matches have been SWATnums. Also look into whether DMR can be placed into SWAT for some matches, or even Carbine. I'd like to use some of those rather than play SWATnums so much.

Madness

Lol, game spawned me in the vehicle bay of the Fortress on Stormbreak. Not only could I not leave without a vehicle, but the enemy couldn't kill me to take over Fortress either.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.

Was likely due to the REQ services suffering a short lived outage. Not sure about the boost, but it should be applied later when the service catches up with its queue.

Lol, game spawned me in the vehicle bay of the Fortress on Stormbreak. Not only could I not leave without a vehicle, but the enemy couldn't kill me to take over Fortress either.

That's a bro spawn bug and it is something we're looking at addressing. Pretty rare, but annoying nonetheless when it happens.

JackHerer

This happened to me the week of launch. Pretty funny, entertained myself by taunting the enemy team behind that shield until I got bored/felt bad and suicided. It must be pretty rare though because I haven't seen it since.

TCKaos

Anyone want to play this at the next customs night?

RvUbSnE.jpg

I was just aiming for a Spartan and hit the Warden Eternal as well.

zlZDV5C.gif

Was likely due to the REQ services suffering a short lived outage. Not sure about the boost, but it should be applied later when the service catches up with its queue.

That's a bro spawn bug and it is something we're looking at addressing. Pretty rare, but annoying nonetheless when it happens.

The REQ thing has happened to me twice since the update, never before that. Pistol only Warzone games are fun though, let's be real.

mo60

I was just aiming for a Spartan and hit the Warden Eternal as well.

zlZDV5C.gif

The REQ thing has happened to me twice since the update, never before that. Pistol only Warzone games are fun though, let's be real.

They are fun until you have to face a legendary boss like the warden eternal or one of the ones that fly around a certain part of the map until you kill them. The pistols range makes it very hard to do a lot of damage to these bosses unless they fly close to you.

Madness

This happened to me the week of launch. Pretty funny, entertained myself by taunting the enemy team behind that shield until I got bored/felt bad and suicided. It must be pretty rare though because I haven't seen it since.

The enemy team must have been fuming when they were trying to find you.

I eventually just fell through the floor or something and ended up several meters below and outside the map for a suicide.

I've still yet to play Noctus though. 3 straight Stormbreak, one Raid on Apex 7 etc.

CeeSaw

I've still yet to play Noctus though. 3 straight Stormbreak, one Raid on Apex 7 etc.

Yep will probably be a while before I play Noctus as well. Have played 27 or so Warzone games and only 2 of them were on the winter map. Hopefully I have better luck with Noctus.

Trup1aya

There were some really nice games during yesterday's qualifiers, but the lengthy intermissions between rounds were brutal... And the periods between matches were even worse.

If it's going to take that to get set up, they need to come up with better ways to fill that time. How about highlights from the matches that weren't aired? How about updates from the other tournaments going on around the world. How about player profiles analysis of key plays that took place during the previous round.

Just listening to some guys wing it for 30min isn't entertaining, nor is seeing the same halo ads over and over... I already bought the game...

OrangeOak

just got banned for 8 hours lol. This is ridiculous. Yesterday I quited like 4-5 times because it was lag fest with everyone and everything around me teleporting and acting crazy. One time it was me and three other guys vs 2 players so it was too boring to stay.
But today I don't remember quiting even once but I just got banned for a whole day.
How does this work?
Also, matchmaking in this game is really designed to give me worst team possible and try that combination vs some diamonds full party.

just got banned for 8 hours lol. This is ridiculous. Yesterday I quited like 4-5 times because it was lag fest with everyone and everything around me teleporting and acting crazy. One time it was me and three other guys vs 2 players so it was too boring to stay.
But today I don't remember quiting even once but I just got banned for a whole day.
How does this work?
Also, matchmaking in this game is really designed to give me worst team possible and try that combination vs some diamonds full party.

Your game history said you already quit twice today.

I just started up Halo Reach now that it's available on BC, and... And I'm starting to feel a little sick. The armor customization blew me away, I had forgotten everything I could change. The knee pads, wrist armor, hell even my goddamn thigh utility piece. And then I started up the campaign and fuck. Despite not being as clean as Halo 5, the art style is beautiful. And the Noble Team looks awesome. They look like machines of war, bulky, sturdy, and prepared.

I'm not saying I hate Halo 5, or Halo 5's art direction. Quite the opposite really. But goddamn. Halo Reach was the pinnacle of Halo art style.

Trup1aya

I just started up Halo Reach now that it's available on BC, and... And I'm starting to feel a little sick. The armor customization blew me away, I had forgotten everything I could change. The knee pads, wrist armor, hell even my goddamn thigh utility piece. And then I started up the campaign and fuck. Despite not being as clean as Halo 5, the art style is beautiful. And the Noble Team looks awesome. They look like machines of war, bulky, sturdy, and prepared.

I'm not saying I hate Halo 5, or Halo 5's art direction. Quite the opposite really. But goddamn. Halo Reach was the pinnacle of Halo art style.

Yes It was, too bad it was a decline in every other aspect (accept story telling)

OrangeOak

Your game history said you already quit twice today.

I played a lot today so maybe I idled from some because next match is always automatic and I got busy at one point.
I like that this bans are in place but I got pretty upset because it was so laggy, I was constantly with bad teams and on top of that they banned me for 8 hours. It's just I don't have a lot of time lately for games and now I can't play :p

Who in the fuck asked for 6 players FFA? They single-handedly destroyed my favorite gamemode. The maps are too big for only 6 players, add the rage quiters and the campers and you're left with a fucking boring game mode.
Of course it had it's shortcomings with the spwans and whatnot but it was FUN and I think that's the most important aspect.
Gameplay dynamic completely changed and not for the better. Is there any chance they'ss come back to the original formula of 8 players?

E92 M3

Who in the fuck asked for 6 players FFA? They single-handedly destroyed my favorite gamemode. The maps are too big for only 6 players, add the rage quiters and the campers and you're left with a fucking boring game mode.
Of course it had it's shortcomings with the spwans and whatnot but it was FUN and I think that's the most important aspect.
Gameplay dynamic completely changed and not for the better. Is there any chance they'ss come back to the original formula of 8 players?

8 player FFA was horrible. FFA is by far my favorite mode in Halo 5, but some maps aren't designed for it. When there was 8 people running around, it was nearly impossible to walk away from an engagement and heal up.

I played a lot today so maybe I idled from some because next match is always automatic and I got busy at one point.
I like that this bans are in place but I got pretty upset because it was so laggy, I was constantly with bad teams and on top of that they banned me for 8 hours. It's just I don't have a lot of time lately for games and now I can't play :p

Solution: don't quit.

Trup1aya

I thought it was great - for once the whole sandbox was utilized in a Halo tournament.

I have to agree with you. I don't know why people think BR fests are fun to watch. There's nothing wrong with using the AR for cleanup kills, CQC, or when your precision weapon needs reloading...

Competitive Halo Should be as much about situational use of weapons as it is aim skill...

It's way too campy for what I enjoy out of a FFA, large in part due to radar. I'd like them to try 7.

Trup1aya

There was a massive protest against 8player FFA... Massive...

Maybe 7 is the sweet spot.

Isn't this what FFA should be? Clusterfuck fun? I don't have the patience to run around the map like an idiot trying to find opponents and it became very campy with the 6 player formula.

Another factor to take into consideration it's a ranked playlist. People are going to play extremely passive in order to win or do well. If it was just social, I think less people would be inclined to play so passively.

E92 M3

Isn't this what FFA should be? Clusterfuck fun? I don't have the patience to run around the map like an idiot trying to find opponents and it became very campy with the 6 player formula.

Not campy at all. I played FFA for 4 hours and all of the matches were rather intense. One even went into overtime with 3 point difference between all the players. I won with 30 seconds left in overtime.

Fuchsdh

Anyone want to play this at the next customs night?

See? All those people complaining about how Forge maps look, we've successfully made better looking ones than Halo 1 PC maps :)

I'm outta' commission for the holidays the next two weeks but if Dani isn't around to run customs I'll definitely be trying to run them often. Gotta' get my own map together...

any game mode sucks when people quit.

but FFA is campy mainly because of radar, not because there are less people. the spawns work better with less people.

E92 M3

I know this was echoed before, but the Sword on Overgrowth is completely broken. So easy to just run around the map and kill people, especially in rumble. Felt like cheating lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom