• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you shoot a guy with a shotgun at close range, only for him to survive and melee you to death, respawn encounter him across a room, and and he guns you down in one shot, from full shields from 30 feet out.

That is Halo 5 in a nutshell.

And they wonder why nobody is watching this 'esport', LOL

Halo 5 is the XFL of esports.
my life with the shotgun all the time.

or having to hit a guy 3 times with the light version and he just AR's me.

It's interesting that barely anyone else has these problems.

Or they just have a higher tolerance for bullshit.

Or they're simply so invested in being Halo fans, that they're willing to lie to themselves to maintain the delusion that Halo is in a good place right now.

There are numerous reasons why people would be willing to overlook such issues. I'm not in their heads, I can't say for certain.

Magwik

Banned

Or they're simply so invested in being Halo fans, that they're willing to lie to themselves to maintain the delusion that Halo is in a good place right now.

There are numerous reasons why people would be willing to overlook such issues. I'm not in their heads, I can't say for certain.

"I'm right and everyone else is delusional and wrong"
ok

Or it's karma, for all the quitting.

BraXzy

So I now have all helmets up to ultra rare and I only have one rare armour to get. But I have a fucking shit load of emblems to get... Does it mean that I need to stay on silver until they are all unlocked??

The grind is of almost Destiny proportions..

Yeah emblems are still popping out for me. I did just get an Ultra Wraith very too though.

my team lost 50 to 100 last night in BTB. Not lopsided at all.

oh man. WANT

Classic BR has an uncommon variant found in Bronzes FYI.

Bread

Banned
When you shoot a guy with a shotgun at close range, only for him to survive and melee you to death, respawn encounter him across a room, and and he guns you down in one shot, from full shields from 30 feet out.

That is Halo 5 in a nutshell.

And they wonder why nobody is watching this 'esport', LOL

Halo 5 is the XFL of esports.
never had anything like that happen to me, maybe you are the issue.

jem0208

I've never had these issues and I live in the UK and play on shitty Uni halls WiFi.

I'm sorry that your experience is a bit shit, it would piss me off just the same. However, this isn't about levels of tolerance, the fact is that the vast majority of people don't have the issues you're talking about. Calling everyone delusional is just ridiculous.

I'm talking about this:
Capture_zpsjanems3h.png

Pretty much why I stopped playing that playlist. First game was Snipers, ok I don't mind Snipers once in a while. Second game was Snipers, ok must just be luck of the draw I should get Slayer next game. Third game was Snipers, ok this is getting stupid. Fourth game was Snipers, ok I'm done with this playlist.

It sucks how some of you are experiencing lag, it makes me think back to the years of being at a massive disadvantage playing p2p games against gamers on the other side of the world who ALWAYS had host... as an Australian, I've had to put up with being shot around corners, or dying before the attacker would even come into view, massive sword lunges, shot gun deaths from mid range while my shorty is useless at point blank, etc.

Halo 5 against Aussies and kiwis on dedicated servers is an absolute dream.

Wtf at these disconnects to halo servers..........

Ughhhh all that time wasted not counted for a match
Still doing my.placement

And my req card is gone... Siighhhh

March on Stormbreak can fuck off. The first team to cap the Fortress never loses it if they're half competent. I'm out if I see enemy team cap it first.

Since placing, I haven't played a match that didn't start 20-5 or so for the opposition.

This is not merely the worst matchmaking of any Halo, this is the worst matchmaking I have ever experienced in ANY game since Halo 2 introduced the concept.

The people that worked on the matchmaking for Halo 5 should not merely be fired, they should be blacklisted from ever working in the industry again due to incompetence.

This matchmaking is a FUCKING EMBARRASSMENT.

Madness

March on Stormbreak can fuck off. The first team to cap the Fortress never loses it if they're half competent. I'm out if I see enemy team cap it first.

So you quit when it's a map you don't like, and now also when you start losing. I get the sentiment about how tough it is because whichever team gets Fortress, pretty much keeps it till the end, believe me, but how are you not contributing to perhaps the biggest issue that this game has, which is quitting?

We've all suffered playing maps, gametypes we don't like, or shitty matches when you're getting destroyed, but why quit?

So you quit when it's a map you don't like, and now also when you start losing. I get the sentiment about how tough it is because whichever team gets Fortress, pretty much keeps it till the end, believe me, but how are you not contributing to perhaps the biggest issue that this game has, which is quitting?

We've all suffered playing maps, gametypes we don't like, or shitty matches when you're getting destroyed, but why quit?

The biggest issue the game has is not quitting.

The biggest issue is a player experience that promotes and encourages quitting through its failures.

Never forget, we paid to play this game. We paid $60 for this experience. The notion that we are obligated to suffer through poor design or execution for the benefit of the people we've already handed money over to is nonsense.

BraXzy

Getting some really weird lag in games atm. Not sure if its my end or server side but Forge is being funky and people were glitching all over in matchmaking.

mo60

Final silver req pack before bed and Sentinal BR finally! now I can long range beast from req 3.

I unlocked the one with the laser target a few days ago. I hope I unlock the normal one soon.

I don't usually quit unless the match I'm in lags like crazy or if I'm forced to do something while I'm in the middle of a match.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Quitting is a minor issue in Slayer. 3vs4 is totally winnable, and when it gets down to 2vs4 you can quit with good conscience.

A larger issue is the poor matchmaking, putting platinums against bronzes or unranked. I think this happens because the community is so small.

But still, I try to start other games like Fallout 4, yet soon enough find myself playing Halo again instead.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Getting some really weird lag in games atm. Not sure if its my end or server side but Forge is being funky and people were glitching all over in matchmaking.

I've been getting on and off lag ever since launch. It's mostly fine, but some days you just have people warping around. Probably when there are not people close by enough for matchmaking.

They conveniently provided no map vote mechanism which would have given them troves of feedback on which maps people liked to play. So, in liue of a map vote mechanism I choose to vote with my playtime. I'm sure they're collecting metrics on quit ratio per map.

When you get stuck in a game that is 45 to 10 on a badly designed map with the entire enemy team having the powerweapons and when half their team is champion ranked players and you only have Golds that's not exactly an experience that is conducive to having fun or sticking around. And when this seemingly happens seven out of every ten matches your patience wears thin.

They conveniently provided no map vote mechanism which would have given them troves of feedback on which maps people liked to play. So, in liue of a map vote mechanism I choose to vote with my playtime. I'm sure they're collecting metrics on quit ratio per map.

Removal of map voting was a highly requested feature from the beta.

I really hate some people. We had this one guy go 0-15 (only 4 assists also) the whole match, it was actually still a close game even with his worthless ass on the team. They start to pull ahead at the end and he quits, he drags his whole team down the entire match and when the loss is about to happen he quits so he can save his stats/placement matches. If he would have just quit from the start we probably could have easily won. People like that just make me sick.

/rant

BradC00

these breaks in the stream kill it. ive been watching it the entire time and am tired of seeing basically halo ads for the last 4 hours.

link1201

Really like seeing the streams with spectate. It helps me visualize the game better.
Also cool to see them use a lot of the weapons.

SwolBro

Banned
watched a bit of the tourny today. i was underwhelmed. the games felt too chaotic and messy.

too much AR use and things like that were't fun to watch.

Madness

Ignore the shitty camera quality, but this is why I'm not a fan of seasons or placements with Halo 5, I mean come on, especially as win/loss still matters the most for the first 10 matches. At least no one quit, but damn, we lost 50-49.

Ignore the shitty camera quality, but this is why I'm not a fan of seasons or placements with Halo 5, I mean come on, especially as win/loss still matters the most for the first 10 matches. At least no one quit, but damn, we lost 50-49.

I remember having matches like that since halo 2.

Madness

I remember having matches like that since halo 2.

It's not really that, it's that after I was already placed, I had lots of really close matches. But now, again as we have to place, these initial matches are so uneven on the teams again. I would hate if every 45 days, I have to play 10 of these types of matches for placements again and again. Or does the internal MMR from launch day continue no matter what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom