• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raide

Well my Rockbase map is fucked. Loaded it up and all the stairs and paths are locked into the world. I cannot edit them at all. Its like I have baked the world.

Cheers.

Back to the drawing board ffs.

I decided to finish up the campaign, I was at mission 8 so been playing from there for the last few hours.

Took a tank into the two warden battle.

Skipped the three's.

EZ street.

Chitown B

How do you fuck up Social Slayer this bad?

Holy shit Hire me.

my team lost 50 to 100 last night in BTB. Not lopsided at all.

I love my classic BR. :)

Screenshot_Original.png

Screenshot_Original_1.png

oh man. WANT

tootsi666

I'm currently 2-5 in TS placement matches. At least 3 of those losses were with a teammate quitting before the 20 kill mark. Rip Onyx from last season

Would anybody be interested in a playtest tonight (like 5 or 6 hours from now) of a slayer/CTF/strongholds map? I need 7 people.

If so, about what time works for everybody?

arimanius

They would've done something by now if they wanted to. Don't know if they can. It's been two months since launch with rampant quitting. What can 343 do when games like Destiny and Call of Duty don't penalize those players, maybe even promote that.

It's just a terrible situation all around. Griefers, quitters, they're just the norm now. People quit because they don't want to lose, they don't like maps, or gametypes and want to join something else.

At this point, they might as well do away with this ranking system, just make everything social. Join in progress is not a solution because you're never guaranteed a player will join and the player who does is screwed with a loss and tons of deaths for joining the losing team in Halo.

I agree if they were going to do something they would of done it by now. Wonder if some of there reluctance is there are other games they can go play and they are worried if they put in harsh penalties they will just leave and not come back.

Strider

Yea snipers shows up way too much in social. I'd be cool with it if it showed up like 5-10% of the time but most of my matches are snipers...

I mainly just want a social arena playlist with slayer CTF and strongholds. I was planning on playing mostly social when the update hit but it's snipers over and over so went back to ranked :/

pieface

Omg. So I'm playing a game of Slayer on overgrowth. We won, the game is finished. When the screen comes up with "victory" and you're still able to move around, I melee my own team mates (as you do) and kill one. For whatever reason now, I'm banned??? Wtf 343?

Is anyone else obsessed with the Hydra? I sprint for it right off spawn and it is always there, uncontested. I always see people run past it without a second thought. To me, it's about 6 guaranteed kills: achieve lock, pull trigger twice, get the kill, repeat. I feel like I'm missing something, except I know I'm in the right because of how many kills I get with this thing. It's like my little secret...

I love it. One of the better and unfortunately (well, fortunate for me at least) underappreciated weapons in the game.

I get an easy 4 to 6 kills with it each respawn and people always run past it. Thanks guys!

It makes you think they're worried that a 4v4 social slayer playlist would kill the other playlists, otherwise what logical reason would they have to make it 5v5 and force Snipers on us?

Like radar. They could remove it at this point and people would be fine, and people would enjoy better gameplay for it. What the hell chance do solo players have against parties using radar?

Baffling decisions still being made.

E92 M3

I have to hand it to 343, for the sandbox is the best ever. I've never felt so comfortable picking up any random weapon and knowing success is possible.

Velikost

The core game is great, but it's lacking, and 343's updates haven't inspired a ton of confidence, and I'm saying this as a huge fan of the game. I have NO idea why they said they would include social in this update, and then limit it to one new playlist; I was expecting a whole social tab, with at least 3-4 gametypes outside of BTB. The only justification I can think of is low player count, and if that's the case, that's real fucking sad. I feel like this game is gonna be amazing 6 months from now, but it'll be bittersweet, because it'll be what it should've been at launch.

Not my only complaint, but I hate reading other posts bitching about the game, so I'm not going to add to that.

I will say that I think I found my new aiming settings; need to play some more but so far these feel solid. I took Samurai G0SU's settings I've seen quoted a lot, and bumped up the sensitivity from 5 to 6, as it still was feeling a bit lacking.

Sens 6
Accel 2
Inner D 0
Outer D 8

feelsgoodman

Random17

That was a good game, although I am surprised at them missing all those sniper shots though. Unsurprisingly unlike the previous Halo games.

Madness

I had 8 teammates quitting out of my last match. JiP works great!

JiP only works in games where map layout doesn't matter and you can choose your load out. Otherwise joining in progress to any Halo match, is often a loss coupled with a shitload of deaths against a team that now controls key areas of the map, has the power weapons or things like BR and DMR, etc.

It's never been the solution, even in social. It just sucks, I try and report every betrayer and quitter I can now. Get it to start affecting their overall XBL rep.

Think that i'm going to limit myself to BTB and some warzone from time to time for my halo fix, they seem to play the best for me and I have the most fun (when not fighting other issues) in those modes.

Now that I have completed the campaign myself there's good parts (covie's city, the early missions as chief) but overall it felt rather lacking at the end, the multiple warden boss appearances felt more like a chore then a real boss and the lack of a real ending sequence, I give it 6/10 above average. I had to command my squad to focus fire on enemies most of the time to make them do anything, otherwise they stood around or hid behind a rock and took pot shots, they never felt like they were spartans but regular marines following me.

Magwik

Banned
I hate getting placed in Gold for SWAT. It's an endless cycle of having the worst teammates and having to try and carry every single match.

When you shoot a guy with a shotgun at close range, only for him to survive and melee you to death, respawn encounter him across a room, and and he guns you down in one shot, from full shields from 30 feet out.

That is Halo 5 in a nutshell.

And they wonder why nobody is watching this 'esport', LOL

Halo 5 is the XFL of esports.

Magwik

Banned
When you shoot a guy with a shotgun at close range, only for him to survive and melee you to death, respawn encounter him across a room, and and he guns you down in one shot, from full shields from 30 feet out.

You sure do spend a lot of time in the OT for a game you hate so much

jem0208

It's interesting that barely anyone else has these problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom