• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

link1201

How do you know who to spectate and at what time? Curious to try this feature out
Sorry, I meant the casters using it. I liked seeing where everyone was during the match.

Decrease SWATnums weighting please. 4 of last 7 matches have been SWATnums. Also look into whether DMR can be placed into SWAT for some matches, or even Carbine. I'd like to use some of those rather than play SWATnums so much.
I agree, it does seem a little better since the update but swatnums still comes up too much.

Why should I stay in unplayable matches or in 1v4 matches?

As far as I know, when the entire match is laggy, it's because you're having a bad connection to the server. So quitting is just hurting your team. This isn't the game's fault necessarily.

And with 1v4 matches, try and find some fun in them? I always have fun in these situations since sometimes I either pull through and win or mess with the other team. Challenge yourself.

I can't say the penalty system is perfect: it is very flawed. But as of now the main solution is to simply not quit.

What are your thoughts on the DMR in Arena? Seems like pros never pick it up, and I feel like I'm better off with a BR too.

Think it needs a small buff? I love the weapon look and sound and would love to use it more effectively.

Fuchsdh

What are your thoughts on the DMR in Arena? Seems like pros never pick it up, and I feel like I'm better off with a BR too.

Think it needs a small buff? I love the weapon look and sound and would love to use it more effectively.

I think it's fine as is. More than ever before, it's a weapon that wrecks at distance but is a bit unwieldily at closer ranges, and I think that's the right niche for it (as opposed to previous iterations, where it was "this is an awesome weapon and on yeah it can scope even further".)

On maps like Empire, where it spawns is not a great place to actually use it. So unless you're willing to rotate around the map to a location where you can destroy people approaching you're better off leaving it for a BR.

I think the DMR is good. But i have a mini-Dmr when i spawn. Cross-map fights don't happen in Arena like they do in WZ. So i think this is why many don't pick it up versus always getting the br. plus i think it's 5 shots with a dmr, 4 with a br.

I think it's prefect how it is. All weapon use depend on which map your playing. Plus that BR is good at close-mid and the between mid-far range.

That's what i think anyway.

Strider

Yea DMR is fine. Gets picked up all the time on a larger map like Coliseum but gets passed up on a small map like Empire...

It's a good weapon though and a buff is definitely not needed.

I think it's fine as is. More than ever before, it's a weapon that wrecks at distance but is a bit unwieldily at closer ranges, and I think that's the right niche for it (as opposed to previous iterations, where it was "this is an awesome weapon and on yeah it can scope even further".)

On maps like Empire, where it spawns is not a great place to actually use it. So unless you're willing to rotate around the map to a location where you can destroy people approaching you're better off leaving it for a BR.
I gotcha. I never used one in Halo before. Last Halo I really played was Halo 2 and 3 a little bit. Didn't know it was so good in the past. What game was it introduced?

Maybe the arena maps are just too small for it. I enjoy using it in BTB. Wish it was on Antifreeze though.

Goood mornin'!

:D

Oh, fuuuuu. :D

Merry Christmas for me, this is my own gift:

4357801_sd.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

Karl2177

Was likely due to the REQ services suffering a short lived outage. Not sure about the boost, but it should be applied later when the service catches up with its queue.

That's a bro spawn bug and it is something we're looking at addressing. Pretty rare, but annoying nonetheless when it happens.
The boost didn't get consumed. Started the match with 2 in my inventory. After the pgcr came up, I backed out for a couple minutes to let the servers catch up. Still had 2 in my inventory. If the first bug is a req outage, I'd guess the second one is as well.

link1201

The Answer is ridiculous lol. I went toe to toe with an upgraded Wraith and lived to tell the tale. I'm stockpiling those bad boys from now on.

I gotcha. I never used one in Halo before. Last Halo I really played was Halo 2 and 3 a little bit. Didn't know it was so good in the past. What game was it introduced?

Maybe the arena maps are just too small for it. I enjoy using it in BTB. Wish it was on Antifreeze though.

it was introduced in Reach. Bloom on it was horrid so be thankful for this one.

I thought the shotgun always worked like that?
when against me, in arena

Seriously in the same boat. LOL

Guy casually walking up to me from a far distance. As i walk back and shoot. One-shot done. I try it, their sheilds don't even pop. I die from an AR.

Sometimes i really hate the AR lol.

wwm0nkey

Just a heads up, the dude working on the Sandtrap remake is done.... He was actually able to do it and it only took him 2 fucking days

E92 M3

I think it tightens the spread some yea. I've never tested it though that's just what I feel based off playing...

I think it's just the case of "only in the enemie's hands" lol.

Man I have these days where I'm on a roll and have a KD of 2 with almost no losses and one day later I'm getting wrecked lol

That's halo.jpg

--

I think we underplay how much 343 messed up the initial controls for the game. It soured me so much on Halo 5, but once I finally - after a week of tinkering - figured out the controls, it changed the game. Of course maps are nowhere near as good as the other games, but the gunplay is top notch.

Many people won't tinker with their controls and unfortunately not play the game further.

BraXzy

I thought it was great - for once the whole sandbox was utilized in a Halo tournament.

I didn't see much. Are there any VoDs for the big matches like EG vs CLG?

Who in the fuck asked for 6 players FFA? They single-handedly destroyed my favorite gamemode. The maps are too big for only 6 players, add the rage quiters and the campers and you're left with a fucking boring game mode.
Of course it had it's shortcomings with the spwans and whatnot but it was FUN and I think that's the most important aspect.
Gameplay dynamic completely changed and not for the better. Is there any chance they'ss come back to the original formula of 8 players?

I thought 8 players were too hectic. It's still pretty chaotic with 6, I think it's fine.

Nowise10

Who in the fuck asked for 6 players FFA? They single-handedly destroyed my favorite gamemode. The maps are too big for only 6 players, add the rage quiters and the campers and you're left with a fucking boring game mode.
Of course it had it's shortcomings with the spwans and whatnot but it was FUN and I think that's the most important aspect.
Gameplay dynamic completely changed and not for the better. Is there any chance they'ss come back to the original formula of 8 players?

It hurts me reading this. 8 Players wasn't fun, because you could never actually survive any encounters. 6 players is perfect for FFA. You can actually engage multple people without always worrying if someone is going to spawn behind you and finish you off. Nades aren't constantly going off, and it just so much more calmer and skill based rather then luck of the spawn.

Glass

Warzone Assault is like the perfect first game type of the day to warm up on and not worry too much about the result, before moving onto other things (or not).

Also I'm much more enjoying 6 player FFA, come across people plenty. Less of a random element now.

Raide

http://1drv.ms/1mwjlbI

Hopefully this works. Quick flyover of my new map. Just working on layout and basic spawns.

Hoping to spend time refining it ready for the next GAF Customs.

Feel free to friend me and check it. Feedback welcome. Map is Winter Valley.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Man I have these days where I'm on a roll and have a KD of 2 with almost no losses and one day later I'm getting wrecked lol

Yup. some days I am MVP, other days I am the worst player on the server. When I am playing terrible, I have just hid as not to hurt my team even more, lol.

JackHerer

Camo, sword, and shotgun on Overgrowth. 343 is trolling us I think because no way they genuinely thought that would be fun and balanced.

Also, seems like Blue team is guaranteed camo off spawn.

Magwik

Banned
Overgrowth is fine as a FFA map, but for any sort of objective or slayer game mode it's awful.
Maybe team doubles it is fine

E92 M3

Overgrowth is fine as a FFA map, but for any sort of objective or slayer game mode it's awful.
Maybe team doubles it is fine

Lol the sword is so OP on Overgrowth in FFA. I could get a running riot while posting on GAF. Just ran around circles killing people till I lost energy. Honestly, it's a bit broken.

the couple times i've played on overgrowth i had fun. Plasma caster double kills, and plasma caster kills on people trying to hide behind a car in the bog.

Haven't had a slice of using the sword, but i can see how the tight corners can lead to frusterating encounters. Same with someone holding the shotgun. It's pretty chaotic though. I think it's a good map that has hot-spots all over and not in just general areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom