• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's the joke.jpg

It's counter intuitive because it takes me 30 minutes (or longer sometimes) to find a BTB game. People play social to chill and goof off, every social game is 49-49 with me needing to call out like im on mainstage to get a W.

iZeezbruh now confirmed as mainstage DJ.

W? as in W&W?

no one will understand my trance reference tho

Trup1aya

Yes, I enjoy winning, but it's not paramount like in Arena. That is an inherent truth of the social playlist overall. Lets keep this simple, what is the point of the social playlist if everyone plays exactly like it's the arena?

YOU ARE THE ONE PLAYING LIKES ITS ARENA...

you want to win... And are getting upset because the people you are matched against also want to win... It makes NO SENSE.

Ironically, If you stopped caring about winning so much, you would start getting matches against players who either also don't care, or aren't good enough to really threaten you...

The other ironic thing is that every other halo also had hidden skill based MM in the background

CeeSaw

Can we all agree that social will never be the same in this game as last games because there is no split screen/guests.

BraXzy

I was Onyx in SWAT at the end of last season so I don't care when (I'm gold now) I get mismatched because I am inconsistent in positive and negative ways. So I can at least hang.Also when I stream on Twitch I play worse because people are watching. All four of them.

That is me lmao. I start streaming, two people watch and all of a sudden I feel like I'm on a stage in front of thousands playing for millions and I choke hard. Which is why I don't stream xD

E92 M3

iZeezbruh now confirmed as mainstage DJ.

W? as in W&W?

no one will understand my trance reference tho

I love that genre, brah. W&W are great producers.

YOU ARE THE ONE PLAYING LIKES ITS ARENA...

you want to win... And are getting upset because the people you are matched against also want to win... It makes NO SENSE.

Ironically, If you stopped caring about winning so much, you would start getting matches against players who either also don't care, or aren't good enough to really threaten you...

Well, I only start once the other team does lol. It's a feedback loop. Don't want to mess up my stats messing around while the other team is killing efficiently. All I want is for the MM to focus on the connection and that's it. Just like in CoD. Sure, some games will be blowouts, but it will be overall better for the social playlist. Otherwise, I can just play Arena and have it be more meaningful.

So someone looked into the UK Halo 5 server situation and it pretty much confirms what many people have already suspected.

It is such a wonderful game, but this issue is game breaking to me.

LINK

Any way to confirm this? Explains a lot if accurate.

Maps are mostly fine in this game. I only groan when I see Rig or Overgrowth. Monolith from H4 would probably work very nicely for FFA. Hope 343 throw a load of spiritual successor/remakes from talented forgers in, forge maps are far more playable and digestible in bulk than they were in previous games. The decision to abandon a vote/veto system was a mistake. Too frequently I end up playing the same map three to four times in a row.

Any word on a patch for custom game settings in this game? Tried to modify an octagon game type the other day and the options were horrendous to navigate, selecting options just straight up weren't working at one point.

jem0208

Maps are mostly fine in this game. I only groan when I see Rig or Overgrowth. Monolith from H4 would probably work very nicely for FFA. Hope 343 throw a load of spiritual successor/remakes from talented forgers in, forge maps are far more playable and digestible in bulk than they were in previous games. The decision to abandon a vote/veto system was a mistake. Too frequently I end up playing the same map three to four times in a row.

Any word on a patch for custom game settings in this game? Tried to modify an octagon game type the other day and the options were horrendous to navigate, selecting options just straight up weren't working at one point.

I've been tempted to have a go at making an accurate forge of Monolith but I don't really have the time at the moment.

Might have a go when I finish my end of semester exams.

Trup1aya

Well, I only start once the other team does lol. It's a feedback loop. Don't want to mess up my stats messing around while the other team is killing efficiently. All I want is for the MM to focus on the connection and that's it. Just like in CoD. Sure, some games will be blowouts, but it will be overall better for the social playlist. Otherwise, I can just play Arena and have it be more meaningful.

But why go into social if you care about your stats... That's what arena is for.

The blowouts will never happen to you... Because you care to much... Sounds like your thinking on this is completely one sided...

If you can't enjoy yourself unless you are donging, or the other team is too unskilled to shoot you while you are experimenting, then it's not a social experience you want, it's a dominating one...

I rarely play BTB... But when I do... I do all sorts of crazy things I wouldn't do in arena... Sometime I get a W... Sometimes I don't... It doesn't matter, because it's social...

snip.

They are a powerhouse. funny because mainstage reminded me of their track, but then realized i could use the W and reference it even more.hehe... So i assume you also listen to the super talented Markus Schulz too?

Love his style.

BraXzy

I'm disappointed I've never matched Frank in SWAT. I'd probably end up doing terrible and hang my head in shame but still.

Yo, when does the January Season start? Haven't payed this game in like a month, might just grind it out for the last week of the season to get my Onyx ranks back.

How many playlists are there now? Assuming I get Onyx after my 10 placement matches, hopefully I don't have to play more than 50 games.

BraXzy

Yo, when does the January Season start? Haven't payed this game in like a month, might just grind it out for the last week of the season to get my Onyx ranks back.

How many playlists are there now? Assuming I get Onyx after my 10 placement matches, hopefully I don't have to play more than 50 games.

I think this is technically the January Season. It ends Jan 31. Unless I'm remembering wrong.

I will happily play Slayer with you, I'm trying to get Onyx :3

Haruko

January Season started the day Preseason ranks were reset, last month.

The current lists are:
Team Arena
Team Slayer
Breakout
FFA
SWAT
Big Team Battle (unranked)

Holiday Doubles (ranked) and Holiday Social were retired on 1/4

I think this is technically the January Season. It ends Jan 31. Unless I'm remembering wrong.

I will happily play Slayer with you, I'm trying to get Onyx :3
oops lol. Yeah I meant when does it end. Haha. Glad to see I still have some time left to get placed.

January Season started the day Preseason ranks were reset, last month.

The current lists are:
Team Arena
Team Slayer
Breakout
FFA
SWAT
Big Team Battle (unranked)

Holiday Doubles (ranked) and Holiday Social were retired on 1/4
So hopefully only 50 game haha. Awesome.

Madness

BTB in Halo 5 is the most disgusting experience ever. The respawn is just so stupid.

It's a consequence of the fast movement, a lot of times on the smaller maps, like Deadlock or Recurve, it's just too easy to block spawn points or traverse to the other enemies side so they spawn behind you or close by. But I'm actually having a lot of fun with the BTB, definitely still has competitive matches, but nice to finally use vehicles, power weapons, get some more of that laid back frenetic action again.

Gotta say, this new version of Standoff/Deadlock that Nokyard is doing needs to replace the current one asap when he's done. Looks so much better, adds a bit more space behind bases and better spawn points.

I can't stop grinding Warzone Assault.. Level 101 and still no Mk. IV helmet zzzzzz. The Mk. IV armor is by far my favorite armor in this game. Those chestplates and covered semi-space diaper make me feel at home.

But Stinkles Y? YUDODIS.. At least I'm getting everything out the way for that Mk. V armor and 3-shot, projectile-based CE Pistol ;]

Strider

I'm really not a fan of the way seasons turned out... I like seasons in theory but I also thought they would reward you for continuous play or achieving greater ranks.

Instead everyone gets the same reward for completing 10 placement matches in just 1 playlist. Kinda lame tbh. On top of that you kept your hidden mmr from preseason so you basically got ranked right where you were before the reset anyway. It all seemed pointless to me...

But whatever, Fuck ranked anyway I just want a good social playlist lol

They should definitely let you buy individual armor sets/helmets etc with RP/1/2$ so people can look how they want. But keep weapons/vehicles etc in the REQ packs.

E92 M3

But why go into social if you care about your stats... That's what arena is for.

The blowouts will never happen to you... Because you care to much... Sounds like your thinking on this is completely one sided...

If you can't enjoy yourself unless you are donging, or the other team is too unskilled to shoot you while you are experimenting, then it's not a social experience you want, it's a dominating one...

I rarely play BTB... But when I do... I do all sorts of crazy things I wouldn't do in arena... Sometime I get a W... Sometimes I don't... It doesn't matter, because it's social...

Well, I don't want to care too much, but 343 made social stats intertwine with overall stats. I just want social to be a battle ground for the silly/not serious side of Halo and go in with those intentions. Of course when the opposing team is super serious, I have to start up as well. I haven't played social in a while, but would like to see some changes made to further diversify it from Arena.

Can't you agree?

They are a powerhouse. funny because mainstage reminded me of their track, but then realized i could use the W and reference it even more.hehe... So i assume you also listen to the super talented Markus Schulz too?

Love his style.

We must have a similar taste. I've been loving Markus since Armin discovered him and started featuring him.

snip

We must have a similar taste. I've been loving Markus since Armin discovered him and started featuring him.

Armin is so masterful when mixing. it blows my mind, even if i don't like the song he mixed in at the moment. Live sets are phenomenal.

Loved how markus found Khomha. Those dark and gritty tracks... mm so good. But i also like some of the techy style of Sander Van Doorn. i could go on for a while haha..

Anyway, glad to know i can relate with you on some music. bwahaha

I have to give it up to 343i though. In the past halo games, i never was fond of the objective games. Only played them in customs with friends so we could mess around and not be too serious.

However in Halo 5: Guardians, i thoroughly enjoy the objective gametypes. Strongholds is fun for getting plenty of kills. CTF is fun for being a sneaky ninja and performing one man army upsets.

DJ Gunner

Armin is so masterful when mixing. it blows my mind, even if i don't like the song he mixed in at the moment. Live sets are phenomenal.

Loved how markus found Khomha. Those dark and gritty tracks... mm so good. But i also like some of the techy style of Sander Van Doorn. i could go on for a while haha..

RIP Trance 1998-2006

Electro-Swedish Fart House infiltrated and ruined so many genres, including trance. I cannot even stomach modern ASOTs. It breaks my heart.

Halo
/Derail

RIP Trance 1998-2006

Electro-Swedish Fart House infiltrated and ruined so many genres, including trance. I cannot even stomach modern ASOTs. It breaks my heart.

Halo
/Derail

im a young buck when it comes to adopting the music. Im more of a 2009/2010 ish when i got into. first trance i listened to was ferry corsten and then tiesto when he made his in search of sunrise compilations. I liked parade of athletes.

haha yeah we should stop.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Last game, I got the game-winning tie-breaker in sudden death, on a jump. This game I killed the only guy left on their (quitter) team just as he was about to pull off a heroic solo recovery, with a sneaky shot while he was engaged in a firefight. Feels bad man.

E92 M3

RIP Trance 1998-2006

Halo
/Derail

We have a lot to discuss, but don't want to derail the thread lol.

Last game, I got the game-winning tie-breaker in sudden death, on a jump. This game I killed the only guy left on their (quitter) team just as he was about to pull off a heroic solo recovery, with a sneaky shot while he was engaged in a firefight. Feels bad man.

You gotta Theater-DVR that and share Stinkles!!! So we all can proudly yell

ALL GLORY TO FRANKIE

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I went out of town and didn't play Halo 5 for over a week. I played again last night. Man I am rusty. I want to extend my apologies for people who were unfortunate enough to be matched on my team last night.

Trup1aya

Well, I don't want to care too much, but 343 made social stats intertwine with overall stats. I just want social to be a battle ground for the silly/not serious side of Halo and go in with those intentions. Of course when the opposing team is super serious, I have to start up as well. I haven't played social in a while, but would like to see some changes made to further diversify it from Arena.

Can't you agree?

I wasn't even aware that social stats mixed with arena stats... That's extremely silly.... That's probably THE issue, actually...

That's said, I don't think intentionally allowing uneven teams is what makes social games fun... That's only fun for the team that benefits from the lack of balance...

I'd be all for broadening the range of skill levels to be found in a game... But every effort should still be made to make sure that overall, the team's are comparable...

There are other, more effective things that could be done too, like having more wacky gamemodes... But that's a whole 'nother topic.

Leyasu

Banned
If they fix the server issues, this will be my perfect game.

Give it up guys. There's no problems with server selection, and anyone saying there is is just rage posting. The game automatically selects the closest datacenter because 343 said it does so there!! You don't need to choose because 343 are taking care of you and giving you that tier 1 experience..

PS, go to page 253 of tho thread to see just how good it can be.

Also, overgrowth could be better if the weapons were changed.

Detective

Give it up guys. There's no problems with server selection, and anyone saying there is is just rage posting. The game automatically selects the closest datacenter because 343 said it does so there!! You don't need to choose because 343 are taking care of you and giving you that tier 1 experience..

PS, go to page 253 of tho thread to see just how good it can be.

Also, overgrowth could be better if the weapons were changed.

Really hope you are being sarcastic here.

Why would one rage post about latency or lag? These issues exist. Videos all over the place. And it happens to me everyday.

Funny enough why we don't have these problems with other games. And why it works sometimes and sometimes not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom