• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was fast...

Screenshot-Original.png

I was Onyx in SWAT at the end of last season so I don't care when (I'm gold now) I get mismatched because I am inconsistent in positive and negative ways. So I can at least hang.Also when I stream on Twitch I play worse because people are watching. All four of them.

what's your twitch handle Frankie?

/me wants to follow you.

/me will also gladly subscribe to get in on sub games.

/me would be happy to contribute to your ramen budget.

TCKaos

Well that was fast...

If you go for broke on some of these maps with fully parties you can snag the win in under 5 minutes.

Haven't worked out the Noctus one yet. Most people are smart enough to fight for Monument so we always end up getting in to a firefight there that prolongs the match, and by the time we have it we can't make an organized offensive push without losing it.

Arc and Stombreak are pretty easy, all things considered. Since the capture meter maxes out its speed with only two players in the base, you only need 2 of your 12 players to stay behind at any base after it's been cleared out to cap it. On Arc, most of your team should immediately sprint to the enemy Armory and capture it before the other team has any footing. If you capture it then the other team can't capture the Garage because it takes way too long to walk there through the vehicle tunnel. Stormbreak just requires that you send most of your team to kill Lochagos and prevent the capture of the Fortress. After that, just push on the Armory (or, if you can spare the manpower, push the enemy Armory while capturing the Fortress. It'll keep the other team distracted on defending their Armory instead of attacking the Fortress).

Apex and Noctus are different animals because of how difficult it is to contest the Spire and Monument. On Apex, even if you manage to capture the enemy Armory using the Mongooses on the beach, you still have to kill the Hunters to capture Spire. That's easily the hardest part of ending matches on Apex quickly. You have to fight the Hunters, defend the Armories and take out the Zealot (to be safe). Likewise, with Noctus, you'd have to capture the Monument and Garages fairly close to one another. Capturing each Garage is trivial if you have a team dedicated to it, but the Monument is a huge hurdle to lock down, even more so to do it quickly. Aside from doing the quick caps, I've only been able to capture the Monument a handful of times after the opening engagement leaves it in the hands of the other team. It really feels impossible, even with full teams.

In other news, I started making my own Mark V Megabloks figure because there still isn't one for some reason. I wish they would put out the classic Mark V and Mark VI variants, but I want to make one to use in a Halo Deathwatch homebrew game I'm making, so I resolved to do it myself:

Used an Orange Fred figure and Grenadier figure as the base. Grabbed the head off of an old Mark IV figure and sanded it down so the chin wasn't so huge. I've still got to paint the whole thing, but I think it's coming out okay.

It's Spanish and Mexican Spanish for "lololololol" but it sounds racist if you say it in a high pitched voice.

I don't think it has quite the same meaning since it's literally hahaha, with Spanish pronunciation for j (like Jesus or Jalapeño).

Or maybe I've just been unfortunate to know people who've pronounced "lololol" phonetically so this seems like an important distinction.

Chittagong

Gold Member
So someone looked into the UK Halo 5 server situation and it pretty much confirms what many people have already suspected.

It is such a wonderful game, but this issue is game breaking to me.

LINK

Yep, this totally reflects my experience in UK. In fact, I have posted a fair few times about stupidly laggy matches and hearing mosty US accents I'm less familiar with.

It also explains why every five to ten games I do really fucking well, like my last 25K 3D game, while normally I getting to positive KD is a significant achievement. Since I have now developed a sixth sense to predict the behaviours that I don't have time to see, if actually if I'd have US network conditions I'd probably be a high Platinum.

This situation really is shit because it really is game breaking. In some games the lag is so bad that it feels like people just whizz me dead without me having a clue of what's happening, I'm constantly way late. Plus many hits don't land, grenades don't fly and all that.

Is there a precedent of something like this being addressed?

Bored waiting to finish my work day and missed out spectating HaloFrankie...

http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/06f68601-029d-452a-a3d7-9d4c670e16a6
(5 s) A lethargic sword overkill/spree

http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/4ffaaa1b-d380-49f9-927c-65e3f24a84e7
(15s) Ah teammates that don't understand not caring about your K/D and grabbing the flag right in front of your base before it's returned. Love it /S

http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/b22f2921-3a7d-4945-b63b-b34e7605f971
(15s) Sniper reversal with an asshole of a nade

http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/e585a376-1dd7-49a0-9859-1f5f9014ff24
(12s) Me nearly losing a 49 v 48 slayer game

http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/e9772595-d758-44a5-8fd8-ee04eee90c67
(17s) A fine example of networking timestamps in game, my screen I dodge the Spartan charge by a mile but server/enemy timestamps say nope you got hit.

http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/b12a4a1b-4dea-45b7-8d4b-adedab9149e6
(15s) Got a DMR? Never back down 1v1 son

http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/1b10bb0f-d069-485f-801c-8e4257cbacc3
Love Halo mechanics, in a bad turkey shoot position and come out with a double

Leyasu

Banned
Really hope you are being sarcastic here.

Why would one rage post about latency or lag? These issues exist. Videos all over the place. And it happens to me everyday.

Funny enough why we don't have these problems with other games. And why it works sometimes and sometimes not.

I forgot to add the sarcasm bit. 343 need to sort this shit out.

I'm referring to a few posters on here. "rage post" is just one of the things that I have heard them say.

Did you look at my GIF on page 253? That is a great example of just how fucking bad things can be.

BraXzy

Got me an elite controller booizzzzzzzzz!!!!

Now lets see how to adjust it. All in the xbox accessory app? I feel like a nub right now.....

Nice grats! Welcome to the l33t club ;)

I personally run default controls with A (jump) on right paddle and b (thrust) on left.

Two paddle set up, the smaller ones, in top slots. Try different combinations to see what works best for your hands/the way you hold your controller. All the config stuff is done in the Xbox Accessories app.

Don't forget to do the controller update ^^

Look at this marvelous armor/helmet!

c11acd06ac670701c9908036334cc482.png

It's beautiful!

39a8dfe0b953a090078269cface0836f.png

Oh lord.

I may need to do some grinding in the future. I need DAT.

Detective

I forgot to add the sarcasm bit. 343 need to sort this shit out.

I'm referring to a few posters on here. "rage post" is just one of the things that I have heard them say.

Did you look at my GIF on page 253? That is a great example of just how fucking bad things can be.
I got ya bro :)

c11acd06ac670701c9908036334cc482.png

It's beautiful!

39a8dfe0b953a090078269cface0836f.png

Caught it on video lol. Feels good man, feels good! Fata1moose, hope you get yours!

WOW... soooo jealous :(
Congrats bro :)

BraXzy

I'm up to Ultra Rares as far as REQs go, and I still haven't had a Mythic in a Gold pack.

Wish I'd been more informed early on with my premium Warzone bundle. I opened at least 4 of the packs around launch not thinking I should probably maybe save it till now.

Have you got practically everything unlocked, or did you get kinda lucky?

Leyasu

Banned
I'm up to Ultra Rares as far as REQs go, and I still haven't had a Mythic in a Gold pack.

Wish I'd been more informed early on with my premium Warzone bundle. I opened at least 4 of the packs around launch not thinking I should probably maybe save it till now.

Have you got practically everything unlocked, or did you get kinda lucky?

I assumed that the premium packs would be that. I was robbed lol.

I'm now on ultra rates and above yet the deadeye helmet is still not in my possession.

BraXzy

I assumed that the premium packs would be that. I was robbed lol.

I'm now on ultra rates and above yet the deadeye helmet is still not in my possession.

One of my most regretful microtransactions purchases, you live and ya learn.

I've had a few legendaries but they're all emblems/skins/loadouts QQ

Detective

To you guys who uses the elite controller.
Whats your opinion on it? How does it feel with fps compared to regular one?

Am about to buy one but wanted to hear your opinion and experience first :)

appreciate the feed back :)

BraXzy

It's fantastic. You get what you pay for, very high quality through and through. From the packaging, to the carry case to the build quality. Heavier, sturdier, feels brilliant to hold with the grips.

Paddles are amazing, especially for Halo 5, since you can ignore the face buttons entirely. They take awhile to get used to. One of the best premium products I own on top of my Astro's.

Sordid

So someone looked into the UK Halo 5 server situation and it pretty much confirms what many people have already suspected.

It is such a wonderful game, but this issue is game breaking to me.

LINK

I haven't played H5 for about 3 weeks because of this. I love the game otherwise but the awful server selection really puts a damper on things. I wish 343 hadn't went back on their plans to let us choose data center location a la Titanfall.

I've been feeling the pull recently though, I've tried other games and they're just not as fun even with better connections. H5 is so good when it all clicks!

Detective

It's fantastic. You get what you pay for, very high quality through and through. From the packaging, to the carry case to the build quality. Heavier, sturdier, feels brilliant to hold with the grips.

Paddles are amazing, especially for Halo 5, since you can ignore the face buttons entirely. They take awhile to get used to. One of the best premium products I own on top of my Astro's.

This sounds great. What about the sticks?
And when you play Halo, you feel its different from the original? Aiming and so on? :)

maximrace

Now that Frankie is in the thread it would be nice if he said something about the server issues instead of just ignoring it. Throw us Europeans a bone, because sometimes the servers are infuriating ( and it's getting worse imo)

Leyasu

Banned
I haven't played H5 for about 3 weeks because of this. I love the game otherwise but the awful server selection really puts a damper on things. I wish 343 hadn't went back on their plans to let us choose data center location a la Titanfall.

I've been feeling the pull recently though, I've tried other games and they're just not as fun even with better connections. H5 is so good when it all clicks!

Now that Frankie is in the thread it would be nice if he said something about the server issues instead of just ignoring it. Throw us Europeans a bone, because sometimes the servers are infuriating ( and it's getting worse imo)

Don't hold your breath for a response to this. The matchmaking works, that is good enough for them. Plus, we need to accept that we are ultimately just fodder for those that enjoy the tier 1 experience. Having pre-made fodder is part of tier 1 lol

I wonder how many champions exist outside of the U.S.??

BraXzy

This sounds great. What about the sticks?
And when you play Halo, you feel its different from the original? Aiming and so on? :)

I've kept the regular sticks. But they feel a lot better than my old remote because they were quite worn. There isn't really a difference besides that, it's still the same controller just better quality as far as the sticks go. I tried using the longer stick on the right thumbstick but couldn't get used to it :3

The triggers and bumpers are better than on the OG controller though. Easier to press and clickier.

Chittagong

Gold Member

Paddles are amazing, I still have defaults but just being able to swap grenades and do a boost are awesome inclusions. Need to figure out what to do with the rest.

I'm wondering whether I should mess around with my sensitivity and other stick settings, I have played with defaults to date. Anyone have esperience on going from default stick settings to customised?

BraXzy

Paddles are amazing, I still have defaults but just being able to swap grenades and do a boost are awesome inclusions. Need to figure out what to do with the rest.

I'm wondering whether I should mess around with my sensitivity and other stick settings, I have played with defaults to date. Anyone have esperie7on going from default stick settings to customised?

You use one of your paddles to swap grenades? Never heard that one before.

I haven't tinkered with the sensitivity options in the Elite app itself, I'm sticking with default for the time being :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom