• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai__

From the lore blog on halowaypoint.com
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-annual-achievements

I hope they mean in Halo 5. lol

Tier 1: UNSC Falcon
Tier 2: UNSC Hornet
Tier 3: UNSC Sparrowhawk

This is what I want.

My brother just (nearly) finished his Halo 2 Terminal remake in Halo 5:
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/4036dy/forge_deadline_h2_terminal_remake/

Crazy how far we have come with Forge and capable Forgers. This and The Pit map are just incredible.

Fuchsdh

Tier 1: UNSC Falcon
Tier 2: UNSC Hornet
Tier 3: UNSC Sparrowhawk

This is what I want.

Crazy how far we have come with Forge and capable Forgers. This and The Pit map are just incredible.

Psh, you're thinking small. Warzone Vultures. "They beat everything!"

My brother just (nearly) finished his Halo 2 Terminal remake in Halo 5:
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/4036dy/forge_deadline_h2_terminal_remake/

good looking map + good taste in Halo music accompaniment?

post-54731-chow-yun-fat-thumbs-up-gif-Img-uDN9.gif

jem0208

Just played a Slayer Eden where we were 5-10 down throughout the match, somehow we pull it back and go up 49-47. They kill two of us and get rockets at 49-49, then someone on my team pulls out a miracle and gets the winning kill.

Last ten or so seconds were stressful.

XNarte

Just played a Slayer Eden where we were 5-10 down throughout the match, somehow we pull it back and go up 49-47. They kill two of us and get rockets at 49-49, then someone on my team pulls out a miracle and gets the winning kill.

Last ten or so seconds were stressful.

Those white knuckle matches are so good! Except when you lose haha

XNarte

I would have been pissed if we lost because I went 17 and 11 and was the one on my team who went positive...

Even when I lose those close matches I try to look at the positives (I had a positive k/d, "well we caught up at least towards the end") but then I see that little down arrow next to my rank afterwards and cant help but feel angry!

Akai__

Tier 4: UNSC Vulture.

BELIEVE

That would be awesome, but Vultures are essentially tall buildings. You would need a huge map and possibly a hardcounter against it.

Halo Wars has still the most interesting vehicle sandbox. I'm sad they aren't utilizing them more in FPS Halo games. Can't wait for Halo Wars 2 and hopefully new and awesome additions.

Ghaleon, can you change the above user's name to "KNOWN iXi"? The post above reliquishes him of FUN status. tyia
lol I can't be the only one who likes Chiron! I believe Wahrer was a fan too? Although, I'm not sure if that helps or hurts my case but hey.. There has to be more!

Can't find a BTB game searching solo at 4:30pm, PLEASE loosen restrictions for SOCIAL playlists.

(like the 5th time I have complained of this, I'll stop now.)

link1201

Can't find a BTB game searching solo at 4:30pm, PLEASE loosen restrictions for SOCIAL playlists.

(like the 5th time I have complained of this, I'll stop now.)
But that may ruin all the fun I have playing. I'm loving all the competitive btb matches I've had, being in the middle of the bell curve has its benefits. Maybe they could adjust the rank percentages to help alleviate your problem though.

I would love a run down or overview of the data they have. I'd be very curious to know how close games are in the aggregate.

Akai__

1st game after quite some time -> Gets betrayed for the SPNKr. Of course the guy doesn't even get a kill with it...

A Nornfang in my daily win pack.
vince.gif

Trup1aya

Yeah that's a great looking terminal remake... Just missing the trains obviously, made playing on the tracks a risky exercise!

Sounds like the object count makes the train impossible... It would be nice if he added some sort of map hazard in its stead... I'd be happy with a flashlight attached to a quickly moving Killzone that speeds by every few minutes...

Gungoose beats everything in Halo 5

Love this game so much. Just need MORE of it. The DMR is the best it's ever been, feels so good getting a perfect in a close range 1v1 battle against a BR user with it. Actually I wonder if DMR starts on 4v4 would work well, just out of curiosity.

TCKaos

This is fantastic, is one flag not possible in Halo 5? Would love to see some strongholds and one flag on this map in MM.

Technically not. I mean, you could just place one flag and one return point at places where neither team could access them, but you can't have the teams switch every round or anything like that.

Not sure if this is the best place to ask this:

I've never played any Halo games, and I don't have any Xbox consoles. Are the old PC versions still available anywhere, and are they worth playing? How well do they hold up?

TCKaos

Not sure if this is the best place to ask this:

I've never played any Halo games, and I don't have any Xbox consoles. Are the old PC versions still available anywhere, and are they worth playing? How well do they hold up?

Halo 2 Vista is plagued by a bunch of ridiculous shit. It's a pretty bad port, all things considered. Like 16 people play it.

Halo PC/CE still holds up reasonably well. The netcode leaves a fair bit to be desired, as it was designed with 56k in mind. However, the population is still there. Copies are relatively easy to come by. It's $20 on Amazon. The modding community is still mostly alive and the player base is still there. The only issue is that they're seemingly trapped in some kind of time loop from the early 2000s, where people used MSN, AIM and Xfire. A huge chunk of them are also from Mexico and Brazil with the internet speed to prove it.

So, I mean, it's there if you want it.

Madness

Gungoose beats everything in Halo 5

Love this game so much. Just need MORE of it. The DMR is the best it's ever been, feels so good getting a perfect in a close range 1v1 battle against a BR user with it. Actually I wonder if DMR starts on 4v4 would work well, just out of curiosity.

Gungoose can just lay waste to ghosts and warthogs if you're proficient with it. I actually prefer one of the corp/tundra Gungoose over the Oni one.

I agree on the DMR. Whoever was responsible for the feedback on the gun nailed it. Something so great about landing headshots with it. We at least get SWAT DMR's. The only issue would be the unlimited sprint and things like spartan charge making it tough at closer ranges.

Halo 2 Vista is plagued by a bunch of ridiculous shit. It's a pretty bad port, all things considered. Like 16 people play it.

Halo PC/CE still holds up reasonably well. The netcode leaves a fair bit to be desired, as it was designed with 56k in mind. However, the population is still there. Copies are relatively easy to come by. It's $20 on Amazon. The modding community is still mostly alive and the player base is still there. The only issue is that they're seemingly trapped in some kind of time loop from the early 2000s, where people used MSN, AIM and Xfire. A huge chunk of them are also from Mexico and Brazil with the internet speed to prove it.

So, I mean, it's there if you want it.

Thanks!

I should have specified: I'm really only interested in the single player, so player base isn't a big deal. I hadn't even expected the servers to still be up, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom