• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

link1201

I'm not sure if it's popular or not but I'd like to see regicide return for ffa. I quite enjoyed it in Halo 4. I like the ffa playlist as is but I would like some variety also.

Nowise10

I'm not sure if it's popular or not but I'd like to see regicide return for ffa. I quite enjoyed it in Halo 4. I like the ffa playlist as is but I would like some variety also.

Headhunter would be better. The best gametype made for FFA in Halo and it was rarely even seen in Reach :(

Nowise10

Every gametype should return.

We better not get 1 or 2 returning gametypes a month. That would be a failure.

I'm only expecting 1 gametype this month/per month. They gotta go to June with the content packs so i am assuming they would stretch it out.
Oh yeah that was fun. That was where you collected skulls and lose them.if you die right?

Yup. And if you got 10 skulls at once and made it into the goal you won the game automatically with a Skullamanjaro

I'm only expecting 1 gametype this month/per month. They gotta go to June with the content packs so i am assuming they would stretch it out.

that would honestly make the monthly content updates a complete joke.

thats not updating your game, thats finishing it. if the content is really one new game type a month....jesus 343

Eden does not belong in this list, it's one of the better maps in the game.

Well I never use them so I might as well save up more points to unlock more cosmetic stuff.

This just seems crazy to me. I guess you treat Warzone as Extra-Big Team Where You Get Killed In More Exotic Ways? You're basically hurting your team by not being able to deal with vehicles very well, either.

I wonder if you are just being put into bush-league games because of your Euro-ness or what, or are you just playing Assault? Because I can vouch for TCKaos's experiences. REQs often totally turn a match around, and not in a skillful, interesting way. You would spend the last half of the match getting railed, mortared, beamed, bombed, rocketed, tanked, answered, etc. in a lot of the matches I've been playing recently. And then get DMR'd for good measure.

Welfare

I doubt 343 are that stretched out for post launch content that they have to drip feed gametypes that had no business being post launch content.

Even then that's only 6 game types which would include new game types as well (hopefully) so even then that is pathetic.

jem0208

This just seems crazy to me. I guess you treat Warzone as Extra-Big Team Where You Get Killed In More Exotic Ways? You're basically hurting your team by not being able to deal with vehicles very well, either.

I wonder if you are just being put into bush-league games because of your Euro-ness or what, or are you just playing Assault? Because I can vouch for TCKaos's experiences. REQs often totally turn a match around, and not in a skillful, interesting way. You would spend the last half of the match getting railed, mortared, beamed, bombed, rocketed, tanked, answered, etc. in a lot of the matches I've been playing recently. And then get DMR'd for good measure.

Like I said I'm usually in the top 2-3 players in a match as far as kills are concerned. I do usually only play Assault but the occasional Warzone match I play I do fine as well.

I just treat it as a large scale Strongholds match, I claim a base and kill anyone who tries to take it back. It's pretty easy to rack up a tonne of kills and points that way.

Glass

He said on twitter we'd hear from him n Friday.

giphy.gif

Like I said I'm usually in the top 2-3 players in a match as far as kills are concerned. I do usually only play Assault but the occasional Warzone match I play I do fine as well.

I just treat it as a large scale Strongholds match, I claim a base and kill anyone who tries to take it back. It's pretty easy to rack up a tonne of kills and points that way.

That makes more sense, but even then, why not crack out a saw or rockets? You are... bad at fun? How? Why? Kaos?

jem0208

That makes more sense, but even then, why not crack out a saw or rockets? You are... bad at fun? How? Why? Kaos?

I don't really know...

I mean I do have some reqs which I keep like a few snipers, rockets and any legendaries. I just never use them...

I think it's because it's a little bit stressful bringing in a good weapon because it's single use and I'm worried I'm not going to make the most of it. I am actually a bit of a hoarder when it comes to weapons/ammo in games. I'll be at full ammo, use half a clip then spend 5 minutes back tracking to where I know some ammo is so I can be at full again.

I also mostly use Warzone as a warm up for arena so I'm usually warming up my pistol aim instead of going for loads of rocket kills.

Edit: News is coming soon!

https://twitter.com/franklez/status/685534694843142144

E92 M3

I don't really know...

I mean I do have some reqs which I keep like a few snipers, rockets and any legendaries. I just never use them...

I think it's because it's a little bit stressful bringing in a good weapon because it's single use and I'm worried I'm not going to make the most of it. I am actually a bit of a hoarder when it comes to weapons/ammo in games. I'll be at full ammo, use half a clip then spend 5 minutes back tracking to where I know some ammo is so I can be at full again.

I also mostly use Warzone as a warm up for arena so I'm usually warming up my pistol aim instead of going for loads of rocket kills.

Edit: News is coming soon!

https://twitter.com/franklez/status/685534694843142144

I am a hoarder as well lol

Fuchsdh

Agree. Boarding Action is personally one of my all time favorites. Such a cool concept and it leads to some awesome gameplay happenings.

Oh, I have good memories of a lot of those maps (and hey, I was the guy camping shotgun and racking up the kills back in the day on Hang 'em High.)

I just think people need to realize that "good maps" and "fun maps" aren't exactly the same thing always, and especially now there's other qualities to consider—back in CE and 2 when maps were mostly just the same boxes, aesthetics weren't a big reason to like maps over one another. It's why with the more restrictive tools Forge maps that play well are usually the most valued; there's no window dressing to cover up issues.

EDIT: And yeah I have similar Warzone issues. I think partially because I've been playing so much Assault, I'm much more reticent to pull out power weapons or vehicles. If I were playing a full game and playing more defensively I'd probably be much looser and wild with my call-ins.

Oh, I have good memories of a lot of those maps (and hey, I was the guy camping shotgun and racking up the kills back in the day on Hang 'em High.)

I just think people need to realize that "good maps" and "fun maps" aren't exactly the same thing always, and especially now there's other qualities to consider—back in CE and 2 when maps were mostly just the same boxes, aesthetics weren't a big reason to like maps over one another. It's why with the more restrictive tools Forge maps that play well are usually the most valued; there's no window dressing to cover up issues.

EDIT: And yeah I have similar Warzone issues. I think partially because I've been playing so much Assault, I'm much more reticent to pull out power weapons or vehicles. If I were playing a full game and playing more defensively I'd probably be much looser and wild with my call-ins.

Agreed again. Good and Fun don't always come together in some maps. I think Warlock/Wizard are good, competitive maps... but aren't that fun.

TCKaos

You know what would work out for Warzone?

ORDNANCE READY

Mark them 45 seconds in advance and have players fight for them. They drop decently high-tier weapons (ie: Appetite for Destruction over SAW, Scourge of Fire over Caster) or even vehicles in the form of neutral Pelican drops where your team has to secure the LZ.

EDIT:Oh my god I've been using the Void's Tear all wrong.

Glass

Bravo over on Reddit in response to The Rig Pit remake doing the rounds

This is fantastic and gorgeous. Will someone add this to matchmaking already?

These guys know how to tease like no other. But wait, there's more

p.s. working on lots of community Forge stuff with the multiplayer team to get cool stuff into matchmaking as fast and as regularly as possible, and current target is to begin this type of fun stuff well before the end of the month.

Maybe this is the kind of stuff he'll expand on in the blog later tonight.

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3zzcn1/forge_the_pit_remake/cyqyybw

IHaveIce

Banned
Community Forge playlist.
Rig remix or Fathom Remix in MM
Overworked Orion back in MM
at least 1 old/new gametype back.

That would be a pretty good January update with all the new Reqs

Trup1aya

everyone should also (unfortunately) temper their expectations too. werent they moving into a new studio after/over the holidays too?

Probably should...

But there is the possibility that they were holding things back, so that we don't get a month with a weak offering

belushy

Banned
You know what would work out for Warzone?

ORDNANCE READY

Mark them 45 seconds in advance and have players fight for them. They drop decently high-tier weapons (ie: Appetite for Destruction over SAW, Scourge of Fire over Caster) or even vehicles in the form of neutral Pelican drops where your team has to secure the LZ.

EDIT:Oh my god I've been using the Void's Tear all wrong.

Like how awesome would it be to have Arena maps with this gun on it as a power weapon or tier 2 weapon?

Remember people, we want REQ weapons in forge/customs.

Glass

Love the H5 DMR, def happy to see that. Least favourite is SWATnums, still can't get my pistoling feel as good as the BR.

I find it mildly ironic how popular SWAT is and it doesn't have radar.

INTERESTING how that works, huh? Do people really think this game can't exist without radar? That a map like Overgrowth isn't instantly ruined by having it? How 2v2s aren't insanely campy with radar? Who can argue these things with any certainty when the opposite has shown otherwise?

XNarte

I tweaked my controls comfortably after the deadzone option additions and have been having a blast playing Halo 5.

However, I still have been having a hard time aiming scoped. In every past Halo title, it felt the same whether aiming down the scope or hip firing, which is why I always liked the controls in Halo over a Call of Duty or something where the aiming and movement speed was slightly different when aiming down the sight, but in this one, both before and after I got the controls to where I wanted them, I still seem to have trouble aiming while zoomed. Any tips besides get good?

Glass

4 kills with the scout warthog before we even capture the first base and 1 guy on my team can't see past two teeny accidental betrayals without booting me. Well I didn't want to be on his team anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom