• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want them to stop with the Remixes. Fathom and Coliseum are the only ones without one now and i want brand new maps with diff setups and assets.

Magwik

Banned
you serious?
ummm
snowbound, epitaph, backwash, swordbase, cage/uncaged, just to start.

Snowbound is fine for 4v4
Epitaph is fine for a FFA/doubles map
Swordbase is bad but still enjoyable
Cage/Uncaged are forge maps and still have some sort of combat flow

Overgrowth is just corridors of bullshit

you serious?
ummm
snowbound, epitaph, backwash, swordbase, cage/uncaged, just to start.

I at least had fun in Snowbound in Halo 3, especially in multiteam KOTH. The outside areas were solid (inside tunnels not so much).

Epitaph was pretty good for slayer and doubles. Yeah the shield doors were pretty bad though.

Backwash -- yeah, that was really bad.

I can apprecaite the verticality of Swordbase and Caged and Uncaged weren't awful.

All that said, I need multiteam in Halo 5. Man, I love the craziness of that gametype.

Tomash

I just want them to stop with the Remixes. Fathom and Coliseum are the only ones without one now and i want brand new maps with diff setups and assets.

It might be too late for them to stop, this is concept art for Fathom and Rig remixes from S3E4 The Sprint.

Rig Remix(edit: replaced with final concept)
eR05wj5.jpg

Fathom Remix

link1201

I am not a fan of remixes. I thought they'd pad the map count in addition to regular new maps but it seems they are the new maps. :/

Leyasu

Banned
Overgrowth could be better if they got rid of the sword and shotgun..

Still I would rather play it than any fucking reach map!!

TCKaos

Prominent Team Members leave Halo Follower and are Blocked by Chris (founder)

Halo Follower One of Halo's biggest "News" Sites and now the rest of the Follower Group (incl: Valve Follower, Destiny Follower & Star Wars Follower) are on the brink of collapse as their prominent figures including:
links are to Tweets

and more announced that they are leaving the site due to the poor management and accusations that founder and former Host Christian Bryant has been stealing from them (apparently money and other assets). Subsequently Chris has blocked them on twitter, as they spread out to do other things, including some members joining the revival of Ultimate Halo

Here is a screenshot of a post to r/halo that outlines some of the crazy events that has led to this mass resignation

the original post has since been removed
A Full Leak of the events are set to be to be released by former Halo Follower Staff soon.

EDIT: Some Reformatting and Spelling.
Added: Former members claim that Chris has also been stealing money from them, Link to screenshot, Added Zach, Jasper, Casey to the list, Valve Follower, Destiny Follower & Star Wars Follower also on brink of collapse, Full Leak to be revealed soon

Best post so far is:
HEY GUYS THIS IS CHRIS ON HALOFOLLOWER AND TODAY WE'LL BE LOOKING AT TOP 5 AMAZING PRACTICES FOR RUNNING A BUSINESS

link1201

This was tweeted a couple of days ago so sorry if it's been posted already.

I would rather see increased RP payouts to be honest but I'll take it. Looking forward to update later today.
MP team is reviewing data from holidays, Team Arena will feature +XP this wknd, & wknd playlists will return next wknd. Talk to you Friday!
-Bravo Twitter account

So overgrowth's it as far as new Arena map content as of late? Any new permanent game modes yet? If not... any news on when they're going to add any of this?

Nowise10

This was tweeted a couple of days ago so sorry if it's been posted already.

I would rather see increased RP payouts to be honest but I'll take it. Looking forward to update later today.
-Bravo Twitter account

Back when the weekend playlist started, they said that they would do XP boost and RP boost on different weekends. I don't understand why that hasn't happened yet

Back when the weekend playlist started, they said that they would do XP boost and RP boost on different weekends. I don't understand why that hasn't happened yet

Yeah... what's been going on over at 343i? I keep checking back and playing a few matches here and there... but *yaaaawn* there's not much to play if you dislike Warzone and the Forge maps :/

TCKaos

In my continued rampage against the fact that REQ packs cost too many REQ points and people with more money or time have an innate advantage over those who don't:

Totally played a full team that ran two Phaetons, a Banshee Ultra, Gauss hog, and Missile Hog simultaneously. My team didn't have any suitable vehicles or anti-vehicle weapons to use.

Win packs are a great start, but there needs to be a fundamental shift about how REQenomics are handled. Points need to drop faster and there needs to be a way to disable Certs that you don't use (ie: ALL of the Mongoose cards and Scout Hogs).

jem0208

In my continued rampage against the fact that REQ packs cost too many REQ points and people with more money or time have an innate advantage over those who don't:

Totally played a full team that ran two Phaetons, a Banshee Ultra, Gauss hog, and Missile Hog simultaneously. My team didn't have any suitable vehicles or anti-vehicle weapons to use.

Win packs are a great start, but there needs to be a fundamental shift about how REQenomics are handled. Points need to drop faster and there needs to be a way to disable Certs that you don't use (ie: ALL of the Mongoose cards and Scout Hogs).

I don't ever use req cards and I'm fairly consistently in the top 3 players of the match. Once you get a loadout BR you really don't need anything else... I actually sell every single req card I get that isn't a boost.

Welfare

Me and a friend were discussing this last night, but there should specialized packs that you can buy. Stuff like weapon packs, vehicle packs, boosts, etc.

These packs would contain a small amount of what type of REQ it contains, cost a small amount of REQ/$$$ and can't receive certs from them. Say you are low on vehicles, but don't want boosts/weapons/armor/anything that isn't vehicles. Just get a vehicle pack that could net you 5 (example #) vehicles instantly of varying rarity.

I think it would add to the REQ pack system, and still give priority to the bronze/silver/gold packs because they would be the only way to get certs and customization pieces, while still getting a bit of everything.

I don't ever use req cards and I'm fairly consistently in the top 3 players of the match. Once you get a loadout BR you really don't need anything else... I actually sell every single req card I get that isn't a boost.

Same here, although i'll keep the occasional ghost.

That is a joke. I played a game with hideous latency problems last week, where after two minutes the rest of my team quit and I stayed til the end because I didn't want to take a big ban when my game time is limited.

Surely they should give us a surrender option. Even we can only use it three times in a 24h period.

I don't even understand how the system works, sometimes you get excessively long bans for like two or three quits, sometimes you only get like 20 minutes.

What are the downsides to flooding people with RP? The REQ system is not inherently designed to be broken since you need energy to use the cards and can lose them right after you spawn, so why not increase the payouts?
Me and a friend were discussing this last night, but there should specialized packs that you can buy. Stuff like weapon packs, vehicle packs, boosts, etc.

These packs would contain a small amount of what type of REQ it contains, cost a small amount of REQ/$$$ and can't receive certs from them. Say you are low on vehicles, but don't want boosts/weapons/armor/anything that isn't vehicles. Just get a vehicle pack that could net you 5 (example #) vehicles instantly of varying rarity.

I think it would add to the REQ pack system, and still give priority to the bronze/silver/gold packs because they would be the only way to get certs and customization pieces, while still getting a bit of everything.
Good idea.

EDIT:
People would spend less real money on Gold Packs.
You know, sometimes I forget that Halo is sometimes not a cool guy and is just a business.. Damn.

Magwik

Banned
What are the downsides to flooding people with RP? The REQ system is not inherently designed to be broken since you need energy to use the cards and can lose them right after you spawn, so why not increase the payouts?

Good idea.

People would spend less real money on Gold Packs.

Yeah Titanfall do that with its Burn Card system, which basically is exactly a REQ system with a 3 per match limit.

Trup1aya

Snowbound is fine for 4v4
Epitaph is fine for a FFA/doubles map
Swordbase is bad but still enjoyable
Cage/Uncaged are forge maps and still have some sort of combat flow

Overgrowth is just corridors of bullshit

Worse than Chiron TL34? The original "corridors of bullshit".

Seriously, overgrowth isn't too bad for Strongholds... And could possibly be fun for KOTH or oddball.

Do you sprinkle broken glass into your socks in the morning, or is masochism something you keep to Halo?

Fuchsdh

I've always found Blood Gulch "meh-tier" so i'm almost with you. I'll add another fan favorite that i dislike that everyone loves... Chill Out.

Lots of CE's maps are bottom-of-the-franchise-tier. Prisoner is "I have the high ground Anakin", Hang 'em High is "camp the shotgun corridor, go +10KD", Chiron is.... Chiron, Boarding Action is perhaps the most niche map for good game types on it of any map ever. In general most of the maps really don't play well with 4v4.

Strider

I don't expect much today just an update on what's going on at 343 following the holidays and stuff with their new offices and what not...

Next week they announce the January goods.

We'll see tho.

Lots of CE's maps are bottom-of-the-franchise-tier. Prisoner is "I have the high ground Anakin", Hang 'em High is "camp the shotgun corridor, go +10KD", Chiron is.... Chiron, Boarding Action is perhaps the most niche map for good game types on it of any map ever. In general most of the maps really don't play well with 4v4.

Agree. Boarding Action is personally one of my all time favorites. Such a cool concept and it leads to some awesome gameplay happenings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom