• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCKaos

Thanks!

I should have specified: I'm really only interested in the single player, so player base isn't a big deal. I hadn't even expected the servers to still be up, lol.

Do yourself a favor and download Custom Edition and Opensauce if you get the chance. Custom Edition is the official point of service for modded Halo content, including custom multiplayer maps and single player maps. You can also download new UI setups to make that content more easily accessible. Opensauce is an extension that adds a bunch of new and nifty shit to CE, including an FOV slider and post processing support. The SPV3 maps (like the one from the last post I made) actually require it to be played, as do a swath of the newer maps people have made.

Madness

forgeplaylistpls

This. Just makes sense. Make it social. Not about the win/loss or pure skill. Use it as a testing ground for new maps. Pick like 5-6 that are submitted from forgehub, h/reddit, waypoint every week. Let people do all kinds of shit on them, play for a week, see what the feedback is. Whatever maps are well liked, the forgers or even the devs fix any issues, and then put those into Arena rotation etc. I'm sure rather than play the Rig for the 4th time in an hour, some people would love to try the Pit remake, or any other maps people are doing.

link1201

when I finally reach this point, I will buy the $99.99 gold pack and retire a happy req-filled camper.

(but not that kind of camper)

It is nice getting the better stuff whenever you open req packs. I am anxious to try out my ultra Wraith and Banshee this weekend. I really wish I would have saved my Warzone Bundle packs. :/

On behalf of my brother, thanks for the comments on his map!

Technically not. I mean, you could just place one flag and one return point at places where neither team could access them, but you can't have the teams switch every round or anything like that.

That doesn't work in Halo 5 because the capture point is your own flag. Assault isn't in the game either, so he couldn't use a bomb and capture point. I think he'll have to make FFA and maybe strongholds work for now.
Or play with honour rules like the good old Halo 2 infection days.

Detective

Finally weekend so I can stay up and play halo. That was my plan which was ruined because of the fucking lag. So I just turned the fucker off. Real funny.

Europeans
file.php

Worked 11 hours today. Finally got home from my commute. Ate dinner. No update yet? Must have had a lot of quality audit performed. Aka announcements we will be excited about that is legally told in a vague way so we cant hols them accountable when said feature is delayed. >=D

Come on firefight news!!!

CeeSaw

Little bitter about this weekly update. While it is nice that MCC is getting some love I hate the fact game modes are still on the horizon. Seems like we are due for a drip feed of game modes over upcoming updates.

Strider

They have feedback surveys or something similar but they seem to be getting hammered atm and I can't load them.

I'm so ready to tell them how trash I thought Holiday Snipers was

Glass

So Januarys update is called Infinity’s Armory, looks like the arena map will be a Fathom remix? Going by the concept art above this screenshot

new-hotness-01-3924d90b78ac4aa288d55b1b2b25b4e3.jpg

BraXzy

We’ll be detailing the full contents of the update over the next few weeks, including another preview livestream in approximately two weeks’ time.

A preview.. Near the very end of the month?

I was hoping for something in a week :'(

Glass

Another remix? when are we going to get new original maps for Halo 5 like "The Battle of Noctus" :(

I could be wrong, I just thought remix because it looks like The Fathom base but dried out, which sort of follows what Overgrowth did for Plaza. Though this map doesn't look like its using any of the same assets as Fathom, and I'm always down for sand in a map.

Ramirez

That map doesn't look like anything we have in the game to me. Even if it is a remix, you guys know there's 2 more coming, why so surprised?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom