• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
343 needs to implement more features like NPC enemies to attack territories more often than the mini boss drops.

Litter the field with Grunts, Elites, Crawlers, and Soldiers. Isn't that what made the original Halo campaign amazing with them different factions and deciding when to choose your battles? A change like this would make be awesome.

Yep, this would be great.
There seems to be more enemies in the new Warzome map, which is great, but there really should be more on all the maps.

Pretty much this. The Sanghelios levels were positively sublime, yet everything else left much to be desired.

My greatest disappointment was no proper slug fest between covies/forerunners and the UNSC with your team plopped down in the middle. Heck if memory serves, the only friendlies you ever fight with are a smattering of miners on Meridian.

genesis?

(genesis was better)

jem0208

Pretty much this. The Sanghelios levels were positively sublime, yet everything else left much to be desired.

My greatest disappointment was no proper slug fest between covies/forerunners and the UNSC with your team plopped down in the middle. Heck if memory serves, the only friendlies you ever fight with are a smattering of miners on Meridian.

I don't agree with this at all. I thought near enough every level was solid. I just thought the Sanghelios and Sunion levels were the best.

Glass

Suggestion for Warzone, could the weapon icons displayed in the kill feed have outlines or solid colours to represent the rarity/level of the weapon used. Dying can be frustrating when your having a bad game, but I think it'd be a bit less frustrating to know you did get killed by someone using a legendary version of something for example. Plus it'd make powerful weapons on the field more of an 'event', much like when you see a scorpion, someone usually goes 'Oh shit, they have a scorpion' everyone on your team would now know, oh shit, legendary SPRKr is on the field.

jem0208

Truth has to be the worst version of Midship. Just don't think the scaling works at all for H5. Never have a fun game of CTF on it.

Truth is fantastic.

Massively controversial opinion: I always found Midship to be a bit too claustrophobic. That said I've always preferred slightly larger maps.

The Asian Qualifiers, the little I saw, were a hoot. One team were described by a commentator as 'strong comers' and whatever their name was, should now be changed to that.

Would love another EG upset tonight for the NA qualifiers to mix things up even further. Hope Team Liquid do well, people seem to love or hate Ninja but I think that's a good thing for the esport.

team EG fan here.

Don't hate liquid or anything, EG is just more my type of guys.

UNFRIGGENBELIAVABLE! 40 kills spree without dying ;)

Sh70sS1.jpg

Glass

Sucks EG and Team Liquid keep meeting so early, they're meeting right before the quarter finals.

Edit, or rather, they should do if each makes it there.

jem0208

Sucks EG and Team Liquid keep meeting so early, they're meeting right before the quarter finals.

Edit, or rather, they should do if each makes it there.

Yeah, fairly unlucky for TL really. They should really be seeded higher than they are at the moment.

belushy

Banned
Overdrive beats SoaR.

Dream Team vs. Overdrive for Top 8. Two of the new upcoming teams that have done well in the qualifiers so far. Should be good.

Akai__

Bunch of assholes spoiling all the games. This is exactly why this spectator mode sucks. Why are other teams even allowed to stream prior to the tournmant stream? Switching to the EG stream.

belushy

Banned
Bunch of assholes spoiling all the games. This is exactly why this spectator mode sucks. Why are other teams even allowed to stream prior to the tournmant stream? Switching to the EG stream.

Yeah I'll try to not post ones that are going on stream. I'll just post the ones that are off-stream from now on.

Glass

I jinxed it.

And yeah the spoiling in chat is an issue. Part of the problem is spectate is so slow. Not even the delay. When you start spectating a game, you need to hit Skip to the end to catch up to where the game really is, and the Halo channel isn't doing that. 2 minutes behind is a long time.

belushy

Banned
Winterfox was hovering around 15/16 for the past few qualifiers. They definitely needed a good showing in this qualifier what a way to do it lol

Yeah winterfox were just too good, they dominated strongholds and ran over EG at the end of the slayer match to get the win.

Really impressive, danger signs for EG.

I'm not surprised im the minority for Truth; my match outcomes are definitely playing a part in my opinion.

Anyways, another loss by EG is surprising I hope they can turn it around.

Trup1aya

I noticed some of the guys from wintergox were using the GP charge up to reach jumps that I thought unreachable... I'll need to add that to my repertoire.

Akai__

Yeah I'll try to not post ones that are going on stream. I'll just post the ones that are off-stream from now on.

Twitch chat is really the worst for this, but this spectator mode certainly doesn't help. Wished it was like SC2, where spectators actually have to join your game. Everyone else, watching through the specating feature, should just get additional delay. And again... Players should not be allowed to stream without any delay. It's in their best interest for these online qualifiers, where everybody can stream cheat without getting into trouble. Not accusing anyone, but it actually can happen and it happened in many games.

IHaveIce

Banned
Man I really want overdrive to get into the top placements.
Crazy that Winterfoxx did so well.

Optic is kinda bad at Halo 5, atm I think they couldn't even beat the top EU teams.

Well they already got schooled at gamescom last year by Epsilon.

belushy

Banned
Twitch chat is really the worst for this, but this spectator mode certainly doesn't help. Wished it was like SC2, where spectators actually have to join your game. Everyone else, watching through the specating feature, should just get additional delay. And again... Players should not be allowed to stream without any delay. It's in their best interest for these online qualifiers, where everybody can stream cheat without getting into trouble. Not accusing anyone, but it actually can happen and it happened in many games.

All streamers do have a delay. The reason the game is so far between the Halo twitch stream and their personal stream is because you can't start spectating until like 2 or so minutes into the game. The spectator mode is definitely flawed. Don't know how they thought it was going to be good enough.

On top of having a huge delay, it doesn't even have any features that all other spectator modes have. Literally only oracle mode.

edit:
Man I really want overdrive to get into the top placements.
Crazy that Winterfoxx did so well.

Optic is kinda bad at Halo 5, atm I think they couldn't even beat the top EU teams.

Well they already got schooled at gamescom last year by Epsilon.

I think Epsilon could beat some big name teams. Namely teams like Liquid, Dream Team, and nV.

edit:

CLG v Dream Team up next. http://www.twitch.tv/royal2

Akai__

All streamers do have a delay. The reason the game is so far between the Halo twitch stream and their personal stream is because you can't start spectating until like 2 or so minutes into the game. The spectator mode is definitely flawed. Don't know how they thought it was going to be good enough.

On top of having a huge delay, it doesn't even have any features that all other spectator modes have. Literally only oracle mode.

I always forget about that. But even then... the player delay needs to be increased.

Spectator mode + Theater is the worst it has ever been. Not being able to see how the player was actually aiming is just stupid. Looks like people can't even aim 90% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom