• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

They are talking about increasing REQ gains for Arena so that is a good direction, also I do think the level up experience could be improved, like more guaranteed cosmetic unlocks in the level up REQ packs would be nice.

I don't think they mentioned it would be for all of arena. Wasn't it just one playlist? I'd like the customization aspect to be completely separated from the REQ.

I don't think they mentioned it would be for all of arena. Wasn't it just one playlist? I'd like the customization aspect to be completely separated from the REQ.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/opening-statements

Additionally, our Investment Team has been digging through REQ data, and found that Team Arena has been awarding slightly below the average amount of REQ points per minute, so we’ve made an update to bring this more in line with the intended design. In short, more REQ points.

Yeah looks like it is Team Arena only, I don't play other playlists at all so can't say about the req rate of other playlists.

aravuus

Uh, anyone got a guide on the requisition system or something? Just got the game and got to play a couple of matches, but I'm super lost with all this REQ stuff.

that weekly update really took the wind out of my sails.

no new gametypes is one thing, but if its really just new weapons/maps(probably forge and ugly with the exception of one thatll probably be a remix) and armors?

Thats.....thats rough.

E92 M3

As great as the gameplay is, it's rather saddening that Halo 5 is lacking in content. Halo was always a game that has been full of things to do. Seems like Warzone was their main concern and it ended up taking a lot of resources.

I don't think it's lacking in content, just a spot of variety. That said, it's still fucking brilliant and I'll shiv anyone who disagrees.

Also, this thread lacks content. Too many moans about lack of content. New maps OH THE HORROR.

welp my gold is expired..

had fun on the MP. Thought i would have been able to get to diamond in slayer, but i stick aroung plat 4-5. even though they pair me up with diamond and onyx players alll the time.....-_-

Guess i have an excuse to finish rise of the tomb raider now. :p game so good.

EDIT:

i dont think it's logical to expect every weekly update to provide a large amount of deails regarding the monthly update. have patience, we still have WEEKS before it drops and we have next to nothing of what it contains. to think that's all we get this month is a bit silly. silly. silly silly. silly silly.

As great as the gameplay is, it's rather saddening that Halo 5 is lacking in content. Halo was always a game that has been full of things to do. Seems like Warzone was their main concern and it ended up taking a lot of resources.

honestly i would of been fine with that but even warzone seems to be lacking content.

3 maps at launch and one more extra doesnt seem like something that took the brunt of their resources ya know?

arena, warzone, and even campaign all feel like they are lacking in content. i love, LOVE monthly updates. I just really wish they were updates to a game that felt complete already

Strider

Well I for one am still excited for the January update...

Really I just want some new and fresh arena playlists though. A social playlist with standard Halo gametypes is all I really need this month and I'd be happy.

I have played a grand total of 4 arena matches in 2016 so far :/ And it's not because I don't want to play it... I log on daily still but usually end up doing a match or 2 of Warzone then turning the game off...

Well I for one am still excited for the January update...

Really I just want some new and fresh arena playlists though. A social playlist with standard Halo gametypes is all I really need this month and I'd be happy.

I have played a grand total of 4 arena matches in 2016 so far :/ And it's not because I don't want to play it... I log on daily still but usually end up doing a match or 2 of Warzone then turning the game off...

Well my problem is I don't know how long I can endure the solo play experience. I can still play whatever maps and mode it currently has but it won't help me that much if I get nothing but lost matches.

arimanius

I agree with everyone saying it's saddening with the lack of modes we still have and the apparent lack of several coming anytime soon. As a solo player that doesn't like warzone I've gotten my fill of all the arena modes already.

I love the gameplay but I've been playing other games while waiting to hear anything about new modes.

Strider

Well my problem is I don't know how long I can endure the solo play experience. I can still play whatever maps and mode it currently has but it won't help me that much if I get nothing but lost matches.

Well yea that's part of my issue too. Slayer is the only ranked playlist I enjoy that I'd want to play solo but I've grown tired of playing the same game type over and over... I avoid Team Arena because playing solo there is a nightmare + I don't want to play Breakout. Then I have no interest in other playlists like Swat and FFA...

This leaves me with BTB... Which I enjoy from time to time but I'd rather play Warzone if I'm gonna play something larger than 4v4.

Ramirez

that weekly update really took the wind out of my sails.

no new gametypes is one thing, but if its really just new weapons/maps(probably forge and ugly with the exception of one thatll probably be a remix) and armors?

Thats.....thats rough.

What were you expecting exactly?

Firefight.

raw

Well, at least people are keeping their expectations in check.

To me, this studio needs a new head or a lot more people. Its unacceptable to me that this studio gets all this time to make a main halo game and still cant manage to finish it on time. Plus, they cop-out and make forge maps that are going to be mostly community created part of those "free" maps, features that are lacking (like SP scores, firefight) missing gametypes, usability that needs improving (like how to download forge maps), etc.

How the fuck does BTB not have one real map......NOT ONE! What is this shit... I dont think my expectations are unreasonable.

If Bungie could do it, then so can they. Im fed up of waiting year after year, game after game just hoping they deliver on the next one. 343 needs a shake up imo.

Leyasu

Banned
To me, this studio needs a new head or a lot more people. Its unacceptable to me that this studio gets all this time to make a main halo game and still cant manage to finish it on time. Plus, they cop-out and make forge maps that are going to be mostly community created part of those "free" maps, features that are lacking (like SP scores, firefight, missing gametypes, usability that needs improving (like how to download forge maps), etc.

How the fuck does BTB not have one real map......NOT ONE! What is this shit... I dont think my expectations are unreasonable.

If Bungie could do it, then so can they. Im fed up of waiting year after year, game after game just hoping they deliver on the next one. 343 needs a shake up imo.

I don't know about a new head, but I have often wondered if the head of Microsoft's gaming studios has not torn them a new arsehole because of the way things have been handled. Or perhaps this is totally acceptable to everyone involved??

The game plays phenomenally though..

BTB on dedicated servers was the main reason I stuck with Xbox after how shit it was was truly revealed.. I can't believe either that it is on forge life support..

Ramirez

To me, this studio needs a new head or a lot more people. Its unacceptable to me that this studio gets all this time to make a main halo game and still cant manage to finish it on time. Plus, they cop-out and make forge maps that are going to be mostly community created part of those "free" maps, features that are lacking (like SP scores, firefight) missing gametypes, usability that needs improving (like how to download forge maps), etc.

Probably because BTB was set to get axed in favor of WZ.

Halo 5 was obviously created to do 2 things well, make money off of REQ packs, and be a highly competitive game in 4v4. I think they achieved what they set out to do, so I doubt MS is mad at them.

I don't know about a new head, but I have often wondered if the head of Microsoft's gaming studios has not torn them a new arsehole because of the way things have been handled. Or perhaps this is totally acceptable to everyone involved??

The game plays phenomenally though..

Yeah it plays great, but where are all the BTB maps? Where the SP scoring? Wheres Firefight? Where are all the halo gametypes weve come to expect? Where are all the custom games options? Hell even the theater, i thought they would have brought something new to the table on that front, they didnt improve anything on it. Forge, yeah its deep, but i gotta add 15 people on my friends list to be able to download theyre maps.....are you fucking kidding me? BTB gets these cop-out forge maps, i mean, whats has this whole studio been doing for all these years? Are they 20 people? How can these guys under deliver on so many fronts on this game with a studio as big as them? Its baffling to me.

Then i play BO3 and then game has everything but the kitchen sink, but im supposed to be happy cause halo5 plays well.

Akai__

What circumstances?

Not releasing new gametypes for 3+ months for example. If they can't even manage that, then how are they gonna release a PvE mode in the same time? Like seriously... why do people think Firefight is a thing? It was straight up denied prior to launch and it was said Warzone is essentially replacing it.

¡HarlequinPanic!;191885925 said:
hit plat 5 in slayer, getting crushed by diamonds and onyx's on the reg.

I wish I were still in gold...

I wish..the ring had never came to me ;___;

Same boat. Except the ring part. i have no idea what that means.

Bread

Banned
Some asshole broke out of the map in antifreeze and was griefing our side of the base during a ctf nonstop. I'm going to try and look in the theater for who it was. This should be an easy fix for them since it's a Forge map no?

Edit: wtf is this? The guy like got past the killzones all the way to the outside snow area and whatnot.
someone did this in one of my games too, luckily he really wasn't that good and only went 19-9.

Trup1aya

Not releasing new gametypes for 3+ months for example. If they can't even manage that, then how are they gonna release a PvE mode in the same time? Like seriously... why do people think Firefight is a thing? It was straight up denied prior to launch and it was said Warzone is essentially replacing it.

When you said circumstances, I thought you were alluding to specific reasons why they cant deliver substantial content. You were simply referring to the fact that they haven't been able to.

But yeah, expecting firefight when we don't even have oddball is just asking for disappointment...

hwalker84

Diamond 1 and/or 2 on FFA, Arena, and Slayer.

The problem is at this level it's hard to carry my teammates all the frickken time. I have real life friends that are generally on at almost any time of the day and want to play as soon as I hop on. Unfortunately their skills have fell off dramatically compared to back in the day. Then if there's a match that I can't get going on.... Oh boy we're screwed.

edit: Damn this is sick
crack-shot-2c66e08cf433477bb17e83e7ee59915a.gif

I don't think firefight will even be announcement until e3 2016, if it even exists as one of 343i Sprints.....

For the next 5 months we can expect maps, reqs, playlist shuffling and perhaps about 4 gametypes added. Oh and possible UI updates. The focus for halo will need to shift to Halo Wars 2 and when e3 hits, its gonna be balls to the wall Marketing for it.

link1201

I don't think firefight will even be announcement until e3 2016, if it even exists as one of 343i Sprints.....

For the next 5 months we can expect maps, reqs, playlist shuffling and perhaps about 4 gametypes added. Oh and possible UI updates. The focus for halo will need to shift to Halo Wars 2 and when e3 hits, its gonna be balls to the wall Marketing for it.
HW2 is being outsourced I thought.

Trup1aya

Shifting focus away from H5 to Wars would be a mistake IMO. At the end of the day, it's a rts, and it isn't tied to that strong if an IP at this point. It's a niche product, and I think the marketing will reflect that.

I think part of their sustain program for H5 will involve heavily marketed price drops, sales, and free weekends. The low barrier to entry will provide more opportunity for Req sales... But that will only work if they are still releasing compelling content that could attract players to a game that's over half a year old...

Shifting focus away from H5 to Wars would be a mistake IMO. At the end of the day, it's a rts, and it isn't tied to that strong if an IP at this point. It's a niche product, and I think the marketing will reflect that.

I think part of their sustain program for H5 will involve heavily marketed price drops, sales, and free weekends. The low barrier to entry will provide more opportunity for Req sales... But that will only work if they are still releasing compelling content that could attract players to a game that's over half a year old...

You have a good point. Hopefully they do implement free weekends and some type of roadmap for halo 5 MP. Though, atleast we all know we will get monthly content for sure till june 2016. The support will still continue after june, but that type of support isn't clear yet.

HaloGAF Forge Testing in 40 minutes - be there, or be...somewhere else. Like work.

Nokyard and I will likely stream all the shenanigans.

(That's 20:30GMT)

I guess Lurkers are probably welcome. Maybe.

gametypes? custom game options? forge file browser thats equivalent to 2-3 games ago? Major UI updates?

Fuck, with bungie i would download maps straight from their website. Now i gotta add 50 people to my friends list to be able to access their maps.....how user friendly it is.... Its as if they dont even try this shit out before shipping.

343s attention to details is complete shit. Thats the one thing i really really miss about bungie. They cared about the details and trying to make things user friendly. These guys, its as if they dont even try the features theyre adding.

Fuck, with bungie i would download maps straight from their website. Now i gotta add 50 people to my friends list to be able to access their maps.....how user friendly. Its as if they dont even try this shit.

343 attention to detail is complete shit. Thats the one thing i really really miss about bungie. They cared about the details and trying to make things user friendly. These guys, its as if they dont even try the features theyre adding.

to be fair theyve said "its coming"

but to be fair....again.....shit should of been in the game since launch.

Trup1aya

So who does GAF want to win The HWC? I'm 'merican so that's where my bias lies...

I like Roy a lot (seems like a really nice guy) and Snipedown, so I was rooting for EG.

Then I watched Frosty Req pros as if they were noobs and jumped on the CLG bandwagon.

Then I watched Winterfox and their "no fucks given" approach to taking down EG, and I fell in love. I don't know if they have what it takes to win, but they were so fun to watch...

to be fair theyve said "its coming"

but to be fair....again.....shit should of been in the game since launch.

bah, to me its inexcusable to have this game in this condition right now considering how big their studio is and what they're trying to accomplish. If they wanna be in the "COD level" of things, they need to deliver on a COD level.

Theve done a few games now, its been years theyve been together, its time to them to get their shit together and deliver. If they cant do that, put someone in charge who will.

belushy

Banned
I've been a fan of Ace since Halo 3 so I'm pulling for him. I also have come to like Unlegit, but I don't really care for Ninja or Hysteria. I also don't expect them to win, either. I think they don't match up very well against most of the teams in the Top 5

I also have a handful of pros who I think deserve to get a piece of the big prize but they are spread out on different teams...

Ogre 2 because he is the GOAT
Naded because he has never won a big event and has been playing at a high level for so long.
Lethul because he took advantage of the chance EG gave him when Pistola went down and ran with it.
Roy because I think he is the most entertaining Halo streamer
Sudd0th Twins because of the meltdowns.

E92 M3

I really like Roy and Snip3down - two really chill dudes.

Fuck, with bungie i would download maps straight from their website. Now i gotta add 50 people to my friends list to be able to access their maps.....how user friendly it is.... Its as if they dont even try this shit out before shipping.

343s attention to details is complete shit. Thats the one thing i really really miss about bungie. They cared about the details and trying to make things user friendly. These guys, its as if they dont even try the features theyre adding.

Bungie are the masters of UI and attention to detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom