• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

Destiny is a shitty game without the massive brand appeal. Pretty sad that it's beating Halo.

It's a shitty solo game, but it's basically a perfect game for casual gamers to hop on and shoot the shit. Vast majority of people I played Destiny with have no interest in competitive PVP and wouldn't be in my skill bracket anyways, leaving no fun for them. Sucks, but that's how it is.

As juices would say, IDIOTS!

http://xboxclips.com/TJ+Ram/9399ea48-af0b-405c-8664-75e8d1870cfe

Madness

Actually, it's a very fun game to play with friends and just hang out. Destiny and Halo are different games with different experiences.

Which is why it's meaningless wondering why Halo isn't ahead of Minecraft, Grand Theft Auto etc. It's the era of multiplatform games. Even Gears 4 is gonna struggle next year. The only real comparables are Black Ops 3 and Battlefront, PvP and multi-player shooter centric games. Halo 5 is battling with Battlefront though. Black Ops 3 just became another beast entirely this time. So high on PS4, PC as well.

Nowise10

Destiny is a shitty game without the massive brand appeal. Pretty sad that it's beating Halo.

Nah Destiny is a pretty solid game. Atleast when new things happen in it, which is currently the biggest problem with the game is that content doesn't come out fast enough to keep people interested for 6+ months.

minx

Level 64 with 3 days and 12 hours played in multi-player. Even squared a cheap Warzone Req Pack. Still no DMR. Why.

BraXzy

The grind is finally starting to pay off, recent gold packs have been granting Legendary and Mythic loot! I've got nearly every black and gold weapon skin :D

Chitown B

Yeah the physics in this game for Spartans and vehicles and explosions are really weird. Someone made a video showing how in all the previous games, when a Warthog hit an explosion, it went flying, and when it exploded, it went flying again, then in Halo 5 the hog doesn't move at all when getting hit by an explosion.

Actually I searched for it and found it so you can watch it too https://youtu.be/cNeJe-eBK_s?t=87

Along with that, like the vehicles in this game are weird. Going off a jump in a warthog or mongoose, you like slowdown and loose your speed, and your vehicles will usually flip.

I hate how sniper headshots act like explosions. They're NOT. They should streak through your head and you should fall back.

I'm getting a weird issue on my xbox one with Halo 5 it just stops the installation with a notification its stopped and I don't know why. I have enough space on my hard drive etc.

Akai__

I'm getting a weird issue on my xbox one with Halo 5 it just stops the installation with a notification its stopped and I don't know why. I have enough space on my hard drive etc.

Digital or physical copy? Try a hard reset first and if it's a physical copy then install it offline. When you reach a certain install percentage and you are online the game will start to download the missing content which is arround 20GB I believe.

I hate how sniper headshots act like explosions. They're NOT. They should streak through your head and you should fall back.

The sniper in Halo is a very high power weapon, realistically a weapon of that caliber is capable of completely disintegrate a soft target so that isn't a far stretch.

I've played H5 for an ungodly amount, but pleased to see it's nothing to some of you!

As for longevity etc, Halo 5 is Halo 5. Even with challenges and stuff it won't be as popular as Destiny etc because it's not built around the same itch, and in PvP it's infinitely harder (and superior to a magnificent degree). As for campaign theatre and things, I have no idea why that'd help in any significant sense. More features the better, yes, but my reaction to that is my reaction to people saying Oddball would make H5 more popular: yes, a bit, perhaps; bring more features, but they're not going to change the core nature of the game, which is set and you like or don't. Oddball is great for us, who need more variety in our Halolz, but is that retention on any significant scale? Is campaign scoring? The only thing that'd really do that is a big tentpole release, like a PvE Warzone, I think. Which I'd love, obviously. Again, not saying I don't want these things - I do!

And so on and so forth for another 300 pages.

The sniper in Halo is a very high power weapon, realistically a weapon of that caliber is capable of completely disintegrate a soft target so that isn't a far stretch.

watermelon-vs-50-cal-o.gif

Assuming the sniper rifle in Halo is .50 Cal.

Bastos

Is finding FFA matches a problem for everyone or is it just my region?

I'm new to the game and FFA matches are awesome to train reaction time, duels, etc, but I've only found ONE FFA match in this season. :/

I'm from Brazil, btw.

Is finding FFA matches a problem for everyone or is it just my region?

I'm new to the game and FFA matches are awesome to train reaction time, duels, etc, but I've only found ONE FFA match in this season. :/

I'm from Brazil, btw.

FFA is one the least played playlist.

maximrace

Played for 204 hours ( how accurate is this? Ingame service record shows less) with 352 victories and 11150 kills. And I still need to do a Legendary run lol

Played for 204 hours ( how accurate is this? Ingame service record shows less) with 352 victories and 11150 kills. And I still need to do a Legendary run lol

The Smartglass/Xbone OS timers tend to count a bit oddly/any time spent in game, even, I think, in stand-by (at least, it used to).

Glass

Think the December update maps are more heavily weighted in the rotation? Everytime I boot up BTB all I seem to get is Antifreeze, really frustrating map to play on.

Fuchsdh

Roughly 70 hours looks like across all modes. Considering I put 168 hours into Halo 4 over its lifecycle it seems about right. Definitely feels like I've played longer. Waypoint says I've spent twice that amount on MCC though, which is pretty impressive when you consider it's only been out a year and change.

Can't wait to see how little I'll play games when I've got kids running around.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question. So there are items only available in bronze, silver req packs?

As an aside I'm loving Halo 5. Haven't enjoyed it this much since 2.

According to Waypoint I have 80 hours. 50 hours in Arena and 30 hours in Warzone, plus I have five hours for the campaign (played it on normal lol). I've been playing pretty casually though, other games take up the majority of my time.

Akai__

Quick question. So there are items only available in bronze, silver req packs?

As an aside I'm loving Halo 5. Haven't enjoyed it this much since 2.

If you want to be efficient, then you should buy Bronze packs, until you are done with them. You will know you are done with them, if you get REQ points back when you open a Bronze pack. Afterwards, do the same for Silver packs and then buy Gold packs.

Otherwise, if you buy Gold packs, you will unlock something that you would have unlocked in Silver or even Bronze. You would basically waste 8000 REQ points with every Gold pack, in the worst case.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
If you want to be efficient, then you should buy Bronze packs, until you are done with them. You will know you are done with them, if you get REQ points back when you open a Bronze pack. Afterwards, do the same for Silver packs and then buy Gold packs.

Otherwise, if you buy Gold packs, you will unlock something that you would have unlocked in Silver or even Bronze. You would basically waste 8000 REQ points with every Gold pack, in the worst case.

Cool, thanks.

anyone else think either req packs need some changes or their should be an alternative ways to earn specific req items.

random chance shit gets annoying when the points you earn keeps getting you shit. unlucky after awhile to obnoxious

E92 M3

Land Grab 11/10/2004 12:14:54 PM Colossus Big Team Battle 9th

My very first time playing Halo 2 online. I still remember that game to this day.

Can't believe it's been 12 years since Halo 2 and I still love Halo.

Akai__

Cool, thanks.

No problem. You can check your progress on Waypoint and in the game, by the way. Once you get to Silver you will unlock most of the weapons and vehicles. Happy grinding.

anyone else think either req packs need some changes or their should be an alternative ways to earn specific req items.

random chance shit gets annoying when the points you earn keeps getting you shit. unlucky after awhile to obnoxious

Splitting them into Visual and Gameplay packs would have helped.

Homeboyd

Land Grab 11/10/2004 12:14:54 PM Colossus Big Team Battle 9th

My very first time playing Halo 2 online. I still remember that game to this day.

Can't believe it's been 12 years since Halo 2 and I still love Halo.
Have you seen the new Colossus in FOR5E?

Trup1aya

Yup. I think armors should be tied to commendations and acheivements. Emblems shouldn't be locked behind any sort of grind. The RNG should just be weapons and vehicles for Warzone.

Everytime I open a silver pack and get 2 rare armors that I couldn't care less about I about, I die a little inside. Then I remind myself that there are now two less worthless items between me and my DMR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom