• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

jem0208

Someone got really, really salty about me liking the H5 campaign...

jsQCWuS.png

lfHQEhx.png

ly4nCy9.png

Played about 4-5 BTB games yesterday. The rust continues. Also doesn't help when you don't know maps. I played a strongholds game (I like this gametype quite a bit actually) on the Headlong remake and did reasonably well. The rest of my games were all bad. I kept getting Recurve and was running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

http://www.forgehub.com/maps/colossal.1179/

Forgehub's site is super buggy right now (and almost unviewable on mobile). Just a warning.
Not bad. Looks like with the side platforms, players can easily jump to either side. Was it like that in Halo 2? probably in slayer games but not CTF. Also, in CTF, im guessing there is no way to make the flag bounce like it did in Halo 2. Otherwise, it looks really slick.

Homeboyd

Not bad. Looks like with the side platforms, players can easily jump to either side. Was it like that in Halo 2 - probably in slayer games but not CTF. Also, in CTF, im guessing there is no way to make the flag bounce like it did in Halo 2. Otherwise, it looks really slick.
Nok and the guys playtested it last night. I use playtest loosely, as I think they were just jumping around maps people had available for a while between their 'real' playtests. Maybe they can share their thoughts here.

Bread

Banned
Land Grab 11/10/2004 12:14:54 PM Colossus Big Team Battle 9th

My very first time playing Halo 2 online. I still remember that game to this day.

Can't believe it's been 12 years since Halo 2 and I still love Halo.
Heh, I remember my first game as well. Big team slayer on burial mounds. My brother brought his Xbox back from college and it never left home, I took that shit over.

Yup. I think armors should be tied to commendations and acheivements. Emblems shouldn't be locked behind any sort of grind. The RNG should just be weapons and vehicles for Warzone.

Everytime I open a silver pack and get 2 rare armors that I couldn't care less about I about, I die a little inside. Then I remind myself that there are now two less worthless items between me and my DMR.

Numerous emblems are already tied to commendations.

It doesn't bother me, though.

Trup1aya

I'm aware. I don't think any of them should be though... I liked just making my own emblems. When I get an emblem that I'll never use, it feels like a waste of a permanent req. and there are like 250 of them... Smh how many of them are actually going to be pleasing to receive?

Armors, I'm fine with being tied to commendations. So when people show them off, it means something.

I'm aware. I don't think any of them should be though... I liked just making my own emblems. When I get an emblem that I'll never use, it feels like a waste of a permanent req. and there are like 250 of them... Smh how many of them are actually going to be pleasing to receive?

Armors, I'm fine with being tied to commendations. So when people show them off, it means something.

Too bad the Nightfall armor is horrendous. ....

I actually can't play something else. Love warzone when everything works.

343... Please PvE :(

I'm in the same boat, i have a backlog i need to catch up, including the GwG titles. Halo 5 has me stuck. Always and forever.

Fuchsdh

I actually can't play something else. Love warzone when everything works.

343... Please PvE :(

Too bad the Nightfall armor is horrendous. ....

I'm in the same boat, i have a backlog i need to catch up, including the GwG titles. Halo 5 has me stuck. Always and forever.

Haha, all the GwG titles have made it that I'll probably buy at most one new game this year. Only bought two last year (LEGO Jurassic World and Halo 5) and two the year before that (MCC and Ori, plus the pack-in Sunset Overdrive.) Especially since I didn't get into the 360 era until the beginning of 2012, most of the GwG stuff I'm having a blast playing through the first time.

The daily win REQ packs are mostly the reason I'm still playing as much arena as I am. Otherwise I'm usually in Warzone assault if I don't have a party.

Still haven't found time to get into Forge.

I kind of understand where it bothers people. I think having the basic emblems available with specialty or new ones unlock able, and some being tied to achievements (beating the game Legendary) seems like a decent compromise. I just miss my fleur-de-lis.

Welfare

wonder what is meat by this

"Prebuilt structures will come at some point but in a more exciting way. That's all I can say 4 now"

Maybe more elaborate structures that you can then ungroup, allowing for more unique pieces?

City canvas please! Maybe even a lava/fire world.

Glass

The forge stuff sounds exciting, looks like it'll be part of the monthly content as much as the other stuff which is amazing.

Raide

"Prebuilt structures will come at some point but in a more exciting way. That's all I can say 4 now"

Yeah, pretty cryptic. Just give me the damn pieces already! I don't want to jump through hoops (Or 2 Half Ring joined welded together) just to get more stuff.

Also, just give me Forge Canvases that are big boxes with flat terrain. Forgers really need all the pointless bumps and terrain stuff, if you give them tools to make cool stuff anyway. I much prefer Parallax so I don't have to deal that much with pointless water killing me if I crouch more than 1 foot.

Water Volumes please!

BraXzy

So, it appears new forge canvases and pre-built structures will be coming in the future.

http://www.gamespresso.com/2016/01/13/new-forge-canvases-and-pre-built-structures-coming-to-halo-5/

Really glad to hear canvases are on the menu too as well as forge pieces themselves. Heck they could just rip out the skybox from each Multi map within reason, depending on how much is visible an dhow much is empty space if it is out of view.

I assume they mean the prefab pieces like we've had predone towers and big rooms in the past. But I guess more detailed and maybe with scripting potential like in built doors?

Whatever it is, exciting times for Forge!

As ugly as Forge maps are, if Halo pivoted into a platform to always be playing custom creations, with a ton of different canvases and silly ideas made real, I'd totally be down for that.

That said, I'd probably prefer 343 focused on making more fully arted maps so I don't have to look at maps like Guillotine ever again.

BraXzy

How do you use somebody's gametype? I bookmarked one, it's in my gametypes but can't select it

Gametypes are hella broken in customs atm. There's a kind of workaround atm.

Select a default gametype that matches what you want to do, if it's a team based gametype like DuckHunt, pick Slayer. Set up the teams. Change gametype to the one you actually want and hit play.

It shows up wrong on your end in the menus, but once the game has actually loaded and started it should be right.

BraXzy

That's my favorite assassination so far.

Backbreaker is pretty badass. I unlocked a few kick ass ones yesterday, including Emile's Regards. That one was brutal if a little underwhelming.

Not sure what I'd say my favourite is so far. I wish there was an easy way to preview the animation in game. Besides the little thumbnail you either find it on YouTube or get a friend to wait as you jump in and out of a custom game :3

BraXzy

I think the one where you punch them in the face while they're on the ground is my favorite. It's quick and disrespectful!

The most brutal one I've come across is 104 Ways to Die. About as savage as it comes.

I had to scan through this vid to find the one you're on about. Honestly don't think I've unlocked or seen that one before, whichi is off because it's an uncommon. This one right?

maximrace

Gametypes are hella broken in customs atm. There's a kind of workaround atm.

Select a default gametype that matches what you want to do, if it's a team based gametype like DuckHunt, pick Slayer. Set up the teams. Change gametype to the one you actually want and hit play.

It shows up wrong on your end in the menus, but once the game has actually loaded and started it should be right.
Yeah that works thanks

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The shove it one is the most brutal. That's what I'm using.

But if switch it for lawn dart or that boost kick one

I like the timing on assassinations now, because if you accidentally do one, you're less likely to be double-punished by having it yoinked AND getting beaned yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom