• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trup1aya

I think Breakout would be cool if it just used the same health model as the rest of the game. Arena Breakout is neat, but I want to play on symmetric maps.

I don't mind playing on Asymmetrical maps, but they should switch sides between rounds.

I don't think I've ever liked playing Oddball. Probably the worst Halo gametype, especially on a map with lifts, ugh.

Well, Territories was bad too..

Man, oddball was just goofy fun... Loved hiding from folks to get the ohk... Loved throwing it off the map in a final act of defiance before death. Loved watching people scrap for it, while I sit back, finish them off and claim it for myself.

Would I play a oddball exclusive playlist? Hell no... But I would be a welcome change to the monotony of the slayer/strongholds/CTF in team arena... Or the slayer/slayer/slayer rotation in FFA. It's good for a laugh.

Hell, we just need a social playlist that's isn't BTB.

I don't think I've ever liked playing Oddball. Probably the worst Halo gametype, especially on a map with lifts, ugh.

Ramirez

i think its just that actually.

like for me, i love the way it plays. love it. i think its the best shooter ive played in yearrrrs.

and i just cant help but think "but what if i could play oddball in this...." and it sounds so much fun. like so much potential its almost maddening

I mean I agree, and I really don't think we'll have to wait too much longer on Assault, KOTH, & Oddball, hopefully.

I have a hard time getting mad tho when I play CTF on Truth, seriously as good as Halo has ever been for me. There were so many wasted nights in the past, even on Halo 3, which I loved, where you were stuck playing something truly awful. Like BTB Territories, or Splockets on Valhalla. Halo 5 has none of that, and for that, I love it even more.

BraXzy

I don't mind playing on Asymmetrical maps, but they should switch sides between rounds.

That, and there should be some sort of count down at the start. I hate how it just abruptly starts and you're off. It's missing that run in from regular Breakout that gives you a sec to get ready and figure out what you're gonna do.

Glass

I'm loving these giant/tiny spartan maps
Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Valley of Giants
GT: Lightwiz live

Madness

I think Oddball would work well in Halo 5 now. Smaller maps, lots of open sightlines, no real place for anyone to really hide/camp like in past games. I mean where can you really go on Fathom or Rig. Would be a lot of hectic action or close games no?

I think Oddball would work well in Halo 5 now. Smaller maps, lots of open sightlines, no real place for anyone to really hide/camp like in past games. I mean where can you really go on Fathom or Rig. Would be a lot of hectic action or close games no?

Fathom maybe, but i'll take a pass on Rig.

mo60

You could troll people by throwing the oddball in the pit near the center of the map on the rig.That may be an issue on a map like the rig.I wouldn't be surprised if people found ways to hide the oddbal on those maps.

Caja 117

You could troll people by throwing the oddball in the pit near the center of the map on the rig.That may be an issue on a map like the rig.I wouldn't be surprised if people found ways to hide the oddbal on those maps.

Glitching the ball on Halo 3 was awesome on MLG ball, specifically on Guardian there was a spot on Cammo, were you could just put the ball and no one could get to it. Was Oddball announced recently given all the Talk going on?

mo60

Glitching the ball on Halo 3 was awesome on MLG ball, specifically on Guardian there was a spot on Cammo, were you could just put the ball and no one could get to it. Was Oddball announced recently given all the Talk going on?

No. It probably will come eventually in a future monthly update.

Raide

I really need to make sure I decorate maps a little more. It does bring a little more flavour to them. No idea what this map is. Maybe BTB. It has hidden caves and stuff dotted around. I like the look of this one.

I also need to actually finish maps before moving on. I have 10+ KInda working and loads more random tests.

At this point I'm waiting for PvZ 2/The Division betas. I'm glad 343 has a good foundation for h6+ but its just not doing much for me anymore. If Destiny 2 sucks, ughhh.

BraXzy

Vehicle welding is one cool feature. I support!

I tried welding and it simply would not work. And now I have phantom Pigs in my level :3

I tried to weld FX particles like they did in the demonstration, it worked in Forge, but trying it in customs, the particles stayed mid air while the pigs acted as they normally would with the effects of gravity.

I tried to delete the abominations but they now just jitter about and according to Forge, don't exist. Rip me.

just checked while grabbing the banner saga, halo 5 has completely dropped off the top 10 most played games on live as of right now. 7est.

cod, fallout, gta5, fifa, nba, destiny, madden, minecraft, ark preview, battlefront.

shame. real shame. first time ive seen it completely off the list.

What is with the lag in Warzone Assault these past two days? It's so bad that time isn't even counting down correctly. It takes like 3-4 for one in game second to tick off the clock. Everyone's just warping around the map. It's awful.

E92 M3

just checked while grabbing the banner saga, halo 5 has completely dropped off the top 10 most played games on live as of right now. 7est.

cod, fallout, gta5, fifa, nba, destiny, madden, minecraft, ark preview, battlefront.

That saddens me.

Oh my god how are my teammates so bad. I can't get out of Platinum in Team Arena because my teammates are only getting like 3 kills each per match. So annoying.

arimanius

That completely sucks but get why it has. It's fallen off my daily play list as well.

Welfare

There are almost 60k people on BF, so Halo would be below that. Hopefully it's #11.

This also would not be the first time it has fallen from the top 10.

Ramirez

Nothing on that list being ahead of Halo shocks me. Maybe BFront, but mostly because it's a shitty game, but it has massive brand appeal.

It's time to unlock my son's gamertag permissions so he can play Halo multi on his own GT. I'm sorry matchmade teammates when I let my son play arena...
he went 3k and 18d in his first alone multiplayer match, pretty impressive for plat 4 and only 6 years old.

tuna_love

Banned
It's time to unlock my son's gamertag permissions so he can play Halo multi on his own GT. I'm sorry matchmade teammates when I let my son play arena...
he went 3k and 18d in his first alone multiplayer match, pretty impressive for plat 4 and only 6 years old.
i have my 5 year old farm req points in warzone

Madness

Nah, it routinely has dropped to 12th or more. But it's also been as high as 6-7 just last weekend. Very few games are doing good right now. Xbox One has sold very little compared to PS4, especially outside the US. Couple this with the fact MCC was a bust and you can see where it is.

Also, things like no split screen, no firefight or PvE mode, no campaign scoring, no campaign theater, no daily/weekly challenges, no file share yet. These things impact longevity.

We got the Warzone daily win pack and daily arena silver pack. I'm gonna assume I'm not alone in making sure I get at least 1 win in Warzone and 1 in Arena everyday no matter what? So stuff like that matters, it keeps people hooked. Imagine if there was a weekly challenge that was super tough, but rewarded you a gold or silver pack, a lot of people will try for it.

I still think what they've built with Halo 5 is great. Improving month after month is going to go a long way. We're starting to get HCS qualifiers and pros scrimming a lot now, the Forge community is more lively than its ever been. Let's see how it is a month from now.

JackHerer

I just got my Nornfang cert. Problem is at this point I'm bored to tears by Warzone. Most of the games are not that fun. Lots of blowouts, good games are rare and I'm just tired of it.

Weird I cant think of a single reason Halo wouldnt be on the top 10 list. Oh wait I can think of a thousand.

Remember this game?:

You aren't doing much different, handling playlists the same, handling tournaments in a similar fashion.

Do this:

You have shit playlist management that lets stuff like this happen (Snipers at like 80% weighting? The fuck?) Why was Social temporary? Wheres Doubles?:

Also do this :

To avoid it getting worse, Like this:

In conclusion: IDIOTS

Madness

Destiny is a shitty game without the massive brand appeal. Pretty sad that it's beating Halo.

It utilizes the addiction of unlocks and has things like daily challenges that keep people hooked. I would put the Halo 5 MP population as far higher than the people playing PvP in Destiny. I mean I listed it above, but don't you think there would be thousands of more users if there were daily/weekly challenges for campaign and multi-player? Things like matchmaking for campaign, scoring, theater. Firefight/Spartan Ops etc. Warzone is the most popular mode currently, but only has 4 maps, 3 of which it launched with. Only one other game type, Assault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom