• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
also if you have auto stabilize off shame on you.

You can't clamber passed a certain point. I think it's 16'

Bumper Jumper + Auto Stabilize on + Sprint and you can hit 21.5'

I know that, but i don't jump to much when aiming. I would like to try bumper jumper because of that, but I really can't run on A. It's really confusing to me :/

It takes roughly 4 or so hours before you become completely acclimated to bumper jumper, which on a regular controller, is the best setup IMO. You can do everything you need without moving your thumbs off the sticks, thus NOT negatively impacting some other action.

Ramirez

I'm playing some Halo Reach and everyone teabags each other here!? People just don't do that in Halo 5 anymore, I miss it.

I teabag 50 times per game.

I get the biggest kick out of it when the person I bagged melees me and teabags me after killing me the next time. It's all head games!

Attention anyone still jumping with A or using toggle crouch

Stop.

You don't tell me how to live my life.

I teabag 50 times per game.

I get the biggest kick out of it when the person I bagged melees me and teabags me after killing me the next time. It's all head games!

You don't tell me how to live my life.

Recon's not as weird as inverted so you're fine.

Unless you're Recon inverted.

I now crouch with a paddle and toggle crouch is off.

I'm good :D

But if you toggle crouch, teabagging becomes a dance where you can dip the berries and spin for a good washin'!

I used to jump with A until i got my elite, it's now my left paddle. Thanks.

I jump with A, but I just ordered an Elite and that's all about to change.

i hate you guys. Had mine in my cart a couple weeks ago, about to check out, leave the page for a few minutes to refresh gaming side and the first thread on the page was the one about the Elite controller being broken

i hate you guys. Had mine in my cart a couple weeks ago, about to check out, leave the page for a few minutes to refresh gaming side and the first thread on the page was the one about the Elite controller being broken

I bought the Elite because I've had 2 controllers break on me (left stick drift both times), so I decided to get the Elite while I wait for my other controller's replacement. I don't know if the Elite has the same problem, but at least it has an extended warranty.

Nowise10

I'm playing some Halo Reach and everyone teabags each other here!? People just don't do that in Halo 5 anymore, I miss it.

I played like 3 matches of BTB in Reach again, and one of the was on Slayer on Hemorrhage. I got into the Wraith first and the rest of the match to teammates kept on shooting me, even after the Wraith blew up and I died. Same thing that happened daily in 2011 when playing.

For some reason that shit doesn't happen in H5, which I am thankful for. Atleats it hasn't happened to me.

link1201

I played like 3 matches of BTB in Reach again, and one of the was on Slayer on Hemorrhage. I got into the Wraith first and the rest of the match to teammates kept on shooting me, even after the Wraith blew up and I died. Same thing that happened daily in 2011 when playing.

For some reason that shit doesn't happen in H5, which I am thankful for. Atleats it hasn't happened to me.
I like to think the skill mm helps with that. I'm a bronze in breakout and I get betrayed all the time, could just be the game type though. I'm grateful it doesn't happen as much for what ever reason though.

Ramirez

Well FF is off in WZ and vehicles are death traps in BTB.

A wraith on hemorrhage was like a guaranteed 20+ streak, lol.

Madness

I bought the Elite because I've had 2 controllers break on me (left stick drift both times), so I decided to get the Elite while I wait for my other controller's replacement. I don't know if the Elite has the same problem, but at least it has an extended warranty.

Internals are all the same, so I don't think it'll hold up if you game hard on them. The sticks are quite solid, but they're also magnetic and a few people who use their controllers hard have said they find their sticks become loose, particularly left.

I barely use my elite. Went back to my sunset white for the few matches I play. Feels better for the muscle memory.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
This sucks. Home for the day with a sick kid who finally fell asleep and live is acting up. Can't even forge.

For anyone cares about the pro scene, there's been a few team changes today. Ninja (formerly on Team Liquid) posted a
salty
YouTube video talking about how he was cut from the team. It's now APG, Heinz, Ace, and Unlegit. I hear EnvyUs and CLG have made changes as well.

Recon's not as weird as inverted so you're fine.

Unless you're Recon inverted.

Your going to hate me more because....

inverted for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
He must be tough to get along with. Watching last weekend's game from his stream, there were several times after a loss the team would be discussing what went wrong and ninja would just shut conversation down out of frustration. I still like him as a personality and he's a damn good player. I'd like to see him do well in hcs and with a new team.

Trup1aya

Bumper jumper for life...

Also, I firmly believe that inverted should be called normal. And normal should be called inverted...

That should allievate all the confusion...
inverted is the way to go

Madness

Wasn't Ninja cut before as well? I remember from H2A he had trouble finding a team. He's got the skill though and is popular, he'll find another team soon. This is good though, pro and team drama always good for the scene.

Glass

WTF

Ninja IS Team Liquid to me :(

Also he's usually their best player

His Breakout match in the series they lost was awesome, he got 15 kills. Definitely the kind of pro that is entertaining to watch and a benefit to the scene. Weird he got dropped. Hope the new team works out well for him, are they eligible to play this weekends qualifiers?

belushy

Banned
He probably got that from Halo esportspedia who just puts random teams up there based on who is teaming on Gamebattles that morning.

For anyone cares about the pro scene, there's been a few team changes today. Ninja (formerly on Team Liquid) posted a
salty
YouTube video talking about how he was cut from the team. It's now APG, Heinz, Ace, and Unlegit. I hear EnvyUs and CLG have made changes as well.

Where you hearing about CLG changes?

How to be super cool after a double kill

EqPoTPc.gif

Also I missed this bit in campaign until now (13secs):
http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/f08ee16f-ad8e-44df-b226-a6203cb94878

There's an Aussie shipboard AI,
Cromwell, who gives his allegiance to Cortana from UNSC Melbourne's Pride.
Sweet my hometown made it into Halo 5 with an Aussie VO and a ship too.

I hope Liquid loses all of their games. Ninja was the soul of that team and carried their sorry asses most of the time.

Yeah I want Ninja and his band of misfits to beat Liquid.

Although overall I'm still rooting for both EG and Allegiance because Snipedown and Naded respectively are really adorable :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom