• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halo 4 was a subpar burger from McDonalds. You asked for no pickles and they put them in anyway, so you took them out and finished your mediocre lunch.
MCC was literally a shit sandwich and the guy at the register tried to get you to eat it by putting ketchup on it. "Come on dude it's fine now."
Halo 5 is a burger consisting of one really good patty with average buns and zero condiments or toppings. The guy at the register keeps telling you your toppings are coming but you've been sitting here for half an hour and you're wondering why you're even putting up with their antics instead of going across the street to In-n-Out. Why did you even come back after that guy shit in your burger last time?

Lack of variety+poor dlc+bad communication=Population drops rapidly and no one is convinced. Maybe they should have tried releasing a finished game instead. They've got a passionate team with piss-poor leadership steering the ship. Genpop doesnt give a shit about your promises when 3 months in, the basic fucking gametypes havent arrived yet and they're still treating forge maps like they did you a real favor.

damnson.jpg

But you can't go across the road for an oddball/koth/grifball burger.

Im not convinced that's the reason why the population is low, I still think it's just too hard to get into... Halo fans are playing, that's about it.

Trup1aya

As a casual player that doesn't play all that much it's annoying our ranks get reset every month.
I'm back after a month or so trying to get ranked it FFA.
But matter how bad I am, it is exhilarating!

How does matchmaking work if you are unranked?
Random?Play against other scrubs?
I seem to be doing alright.

You essentially pick up where you left off at the end of the prior season.

Welfare

But you can't go across the road for an oddball/koth/grifball burger.

Im not convinced that's the reason why the population is low, I still think it's just too hard to get into... Halo fans are playing, that's about it.

The population is dropping because there is barely any content. The base modes are all competitive driven (and very few at that), leaving very little for customs, and the big new mode that pushed BTB into the corner with forge maps (biggest disappointment) isn't even playable in customs. Those sweat REQ's you earned and possibly others you want to fuck around with? Fuck you, we won't let you play with them in customs. Maybe if you spend some sweet $$$ you can get to use them in Warzone.

I would not be surprised if Warzone fucked over every gametype (and firefight) that wasn't the main 4 arena gametypes 343 wanted at launch. Oh these guys will just play Warzone until we actually start working on these old gametypes, no biggie.

Yes, biggie.

jfoul

We really need lone wolves. I'm tired of getting dunked on by groups and then players on my team quitting.

Like others have said, this game is severely lacking in variety and maps.

IHaveIce

Banned
Sorry guys no time; playing with a close friend who is not that used to Halo yet. Playing with you monsters would be too much for him.

The middle tier of weapons in this game could use some work, especially as far as Doubles is concerned. The Storm Rifle should keep its damage to shields but have its damage to health halved. This would give the sandbox a really good shield shredding weapon to counter the Overshield, which is currently missing. Every other weapon that does this (Plasma Pistol, Suppressor) is too easy to use.

The power weapons also need some love. Plasma Caster is too slow in comparison to the Grenade Launcher, Brute Shot and Concussion Rifle, making it undesirable on larger maps. The next alternative is the Hydra, which is easier to avoid than it is to use. The missiles ought to be sped up to make it more competitively viable. I'd also like to see the Railgun nerfed. There's an implied ban on it from maps at this point because of how broken it is.

iso135

Anyone want to play and have a few beers? I am a good gold and an average platinum (not trying to bring anyone better than me down). Will play anything, though I am feeling btb most. Long time reader, first post. Thanks.

Edit: tag is neogaf username

Glass

Yeah was good, def won't have a problem getting people in earlier if it becomes a regular thing. Really liked the breakout map, definitely works on a bigger scale, lots more options each round. CTF worked nicely on Sik's map.

jem0208

I really liked the CTF map, bit of a shame we couldn't play 4v4 on it though.

Only suggestion based off of the brief playtime we had would be to swap out the Binary Rifle with something slightly less powerful

The Breakout map was pretty good, I felt like going bottom middle wasn't a good move though because you were quite exposed and there were higher areas on both sides of you.

Madness

I'm probably going to stop playing ranked Arena altogether if we have to these placement matches again in a few weeks or whatnot.

Just lost a match where the bottom two guys are almost level 40 SR yet didn't have placement matches done, and went 6-16, 4-11 etc. Next match breakout, two people leave.

Wish the seasons were longer. Maybe 2 or 3 months. I'm almost to Onyx, but it's gonna suck if I get pushed back to diamond after the placements in such little time.

BraXzy

Weekend rocket party just came online as a Playlist.

Well that was.. A thing.

Weekend Rocket Party: Everyone's invited! Direct hits are instant kills, with unlimited ammo, no reloading, increased jump height, damage resistance, and faster thrust recharge!

It nearly made my game crash but it was actually kind of fun. Went 20-8-10 the first game. It's possible to betray and be booted though which is kinda dumb.

jem0208

Rocket Party is actually pretty fun.

This is the worst team I've ever had in Halo though...

tGJJoiI.png

They really couldn't have made rockets less fun. There's no strategy at all in this mode. Just jumping around shooting rockets in what amounts to utter chaos. After three matches, I'm already bored. Would've preferred normal rocket slayer to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom