• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

That's how I understood it.

Yea that's what it sounds like... Reminds me of Cities:Skylines where you can just download other peoples buildings from the steam workshop and instantly put them in your own game. It will be a really cool feature for Forge.

Yeah this actually is crazy. I can easily see people delegate as well. Some people are really good at bases and structures, others at terrain and map design. Plus it's one step closer to complete mirroring as well. We were talking about different times of day and weather and whatnot. Now I can see someone easily just grab what they've made on another map and just bring in their bases, ramps or whatever else is 'prefab' and just throwing it on a similar location in the snow, the space canvas etc.

1v1 Murky mid. You stand no chance.

My fish bowl game is 10/10

I think I actually had you as a friend on Bnet... Or used to idk lol

Maybe idk for sure either. I havent been on for a long time.

Bout to play some d3 season 5 tomorrow.

Still though. U can be murky ill be sylvanas. Gg.

Considering 3/4 replies in the "Holiday Social Feedback thread" are remove/lessen restrictions, I hope we get a halo 3 esque 4v4 social list later this month. So hype, I have over 200 boosts to use.

Strider

Was looking at NOK's updated BTB map. Looking really nice. Link

I really liked Standoff in H3 and I want to love this map too but I still feel like the map would massively benefit from pistol starts. I hope they reconsider the starting weapon change for BTB at some point... At least for certain maps that are more open like this one.

Maybe idk for sure either. I havent been on for a long time.

Bout to play some d3 season 5 tomorrow.

Still though. U can be murky ill be sylvanas. Gg.

lol nothing makes me say "fuck this lane" and leave faster than being up against Sylvanas as Murky :p

Magwik

Banned
Yeah this actually is crazy. I can easily see people delegate as well. Some people are really good at bases and structures, others at terrain and map design. Plus it's one step closer to complete mirroring as well. We were talking about different times of day and weather and whatnot. Now I can see someone easily just grab what they've made on another map and just bring in their bases, ramps or whatever else is 'prefab' and just throwing it on a similar location in the snow, the space canvas etc.
it will also work wonders for those like me who can't get the hang of forge at all

What's with replacing the Monument with an armory on Urban? The Monument was a unique play space, now we get to capture the garage, armory and destroy the core on Urban, that's the exact same capture points as Dispatch.

giphy.gif

Also they totally ruined Mk. V After leaving it out of the game they butcher its aesthetics, at least we have Mk. IV.

BraXzy

What's with replacing the Monument with an armory on Urban? The Monument was a unique play space, now we get to capture the garage, armory and destroy the core on Urban, that's the exact same capture points as Dispatch.

Kinda disappointed that the only confirmed maps are the Rig remix and the assault version of Noctus I would have expected to be paired with it :(

Madness

Kinda disappointed that the only confirmed maps are the Rig remix and the assault version of Noctus I would have expected to be paired with it :(

Bravo did say that they're playtesting a lot of Forge maps, that playlist as well as other gametypes. We're probably going to see that sooner rather than later. I wonder what's taking Orion so long to be tweaked and re-enter the playlists. It's not that bad a map that it gets removed and doesn't return for 3 months etc.

Ramirez

I don't understand why it's acceptable in this MM system to get paired against a team of 4 twice in a row. They decimated my team in the first game and everyone quit out, and what happens next search? Same team, same result. Fuck off with this shit, 343.

TCKaos

Noticed something interesting when looking at the Remake Spreadsheet.

There are 126 multiplayer maps in Halo 1/2/3/Reach/4.

Of those, there are 96 original maps.

Of those, 35 have not been remade.

Finally, of those, 20 are from Halo 4.

I think it's worth noting that Halo 4's maps were so bad that only three original Halo 4 maps have been remade, and I doubt that many of them ever will be. Who's super hyped for an Abandon remake? Fuck yeah Meltdown, am I right?

I don't understand why it's acceptable in this MM system to get paired against a team of 4 twice in a row. They decimated my team in the first game and everyone quit out, and what happens next search? Same team, same result. Fuck off with this shit, 343.

I don't know if its the result of a naive matchmaking algorithm or low popularity but its one or the other.

Ramirez

The lack of even acknowledging solo players gives me very little hope anything will change. I freaking love this game, but it's not fun playing team after team when you're alone.

Quitters in every 4v4 game tonight, switch to WZ, use a yellow boost, get d/c from the game. Lol, holy fuck!!!!

jfoul

The lack of even acknowledging solo players gives me very little hope anything will change. I freaking love this game, but it's not fun playing team after team when you're alone.

Quitters in every 4v4 game tonight, switch to WZ, use a yellow boost, get d/c from the game. Lol, holy fuck!!!!

Most of the time I play solo, and yeah, it's getting old. More often I'm irritated while playing, instead of having fun. Just imagine being new to this game? I noticed a lot of new players during Christmas week, but it seems they've already vanished.

I used to love BTB in H2, H3 and even H4. BTB in this game just feels off, and again, I'm always in games against groups. I constantly feel overwhelmed, with no room to breath. Most of the time I'm getting 2/3 v 1 shortly after spawning. H5 has totally turned me off from BTB, and having no unique maps is disappointing.

Getting grouped against full teams is even worse when I party up with my brother. I really don't need to worry about that anymore, because he quit playing because of it. I don't know why this game doesn't have Lone Wolves along with some other glaring omissions. Is the population in this game that bad worldwide?

Edit: I can't even read the weekly update "SOMETHING'S MISSING HERE" Argh!

Madness

I don't get what's in the mindset of these quitters. How pathetic are you that you quit out when we go down, on the verge of a loss, or because you don't like the map/gametype. None of us get what we want all the time. I don't think I've had a single match now in a long time where someone didn't quit out on the losing team.

I now report every single quitter (quitting early), map glitches (cheating), purpose betraying for weapons/vehicles (unsportsmanlike conduct). Hopefully it has an effect on their rep and eventually it gets to a point where the assholes are gated and can only play with other assholes.

Do you really expect 343 to make sure you don't come up against the same opposition twice?

Where I am we rely on this to get back to back games!

Lopsided victories should not result in rematches.

Do other games make sure this doesn't happen?

I think you're asking a bit much, its like people complaining about playing a map 3 times in a row... The game is looking for a bunch of similar level players from the same region, then selects a random map so people can start playing.

It isn't going to look at everyone's recent history, work out what everyone involved played last and how they did and make adjustments to keep everyone happy... I've never heard of this in any other game with matchmaking (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Ramirez

Do other games make sure this doesn't happen?

I think you're asking a bit much, its like people complaining about playing a map 3 times in a row... The game is looking for a bunch of similar level players from the same region, then selects a random map so people can start playing.

It isn't going to look at everyone's recent history, work out what everyone involved played last and how they did and make adjustments to keep everyone happy... I've never heard of this in any other game with matchmaking (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Asking to not be matched against a team of 4 twice in a row is not asking too much, are you shitting me?? The team dismantled my group of randoms, and then I get to play them again with 3 new guys, lol. It's stupid, and past Halo's made sure solo players didn't get dumped into games against parties.

Was it not you who said that there are tons of players here to play with, so you do not have to deal with that problem, or was it Nutters? :p Welcome to my world! Arena is frustrating soloing. Especially on Stronghold.
*sees Achilles armor" :D

*sees that halogaf is full" :(

dammit and after all the requests I sent....
In my opinion I could kick out the GAFfers who are not playing the game anymore. I remember when everyone was pissed that we want to keep the group small and not adding every GAFfer. I will make room for you later tonight!

Was it not you who said that there are tons of players here to play with, so you do not have to deal with that problem, or was it Nutters? :p Welcome to my world! Arena is frustrating soloing. Especially on Stronghold.

In my opinion I could kick out the GAFfers who are not playing the game anymore. I remember when everyone was pissed that we want to keep the group small and not adding every GAFfer. I will make room for you later tonight!

Thanks! no way am I gonna stop playing

Jumper was accepted into that Spartan Company but not us. And we actually like the game :p

lol the injustice

If you see me on, just message me, I'll come play.

HaloGAF needs some culling. We have way too many folks that dont play the game.
I am gonna throw out everyone who has not played a single match in the last month. That should leave us with enough space to add active users who regularly post here and actually play the game.

jfoul

I am gonna throw out everyone who has not played a single match in the last month. That should leave us with enough space to add active users who regularly post here and actually play the game.

Sent a PM and sent a request to join on waypoint.

• GT: JFoul
  • SR94

mo60

This match I played earlier today ended up being one sided. We won this match because 3 of the players on the other team left the match and one guy was remaining. Once those three players the amount of kills started to slow down.
Screenshot-Original.png

im_dany

I think it's worth noting that Halo 4's maps were so bad that only three original Halo 4 maps have been remade, and I doubt that many of them ever will be. Who's super hyped for an Abandon remake? Fuck yeah Meltdown, am I right?

I liked the game but the maps felt all but memorable. I liked Harvest, Monolith and Haven (had to look the names though, didn't remember them at all).

Still, my favourite maps were the big ones from Halo CE. Death Island, Blood Gulch, Sidewinder, Danger Canyon. I miss the hours spent on Halo CE PC, it had the best maps for big team CTF.

Anyway, about Halo 5: I'm done playing Arena and Breakout without a group. Most of the people is selfish and does slim to none teamwork, and prefer to get a positive K/D instead of winning :/

Prefabs are a pretty huge deal.

I love the post launch support of Halo 5, it's unlike any Halo, ever.
343 incorporates micro transactions and makes it worth it with dedicated servers + post launch support!

Was looking at NOK's updated BTB map. Looking really nice. Link

I really liked Standoff in H3 and I want to love this map too but I still feel like the map would massively benefit from pistol starts. I hope they reconsider the starting weapon change for BTB at some point... At least for certain maps that are more open like this one.

Damn those updates are impressive.
The map looks fantastic now.

It's stupid, and past Halo's made sure solo players didn't get dumped into games against parties.

Is this a fact?
If so then I agree, I'm not saying it's good... I thought it was asking a lot when it doesn't happen in other games.

I've been on the receiving end too, I make a coffee or something to avoid being re-matched.

maximrace

If it's possible I'd like to join Halogaf too, my current company isn't that active. I'm level 74 and play daily. I'll send a request ( GT = maximrace)

Loomba

It's 10:45 am and I'm playing with Americans. They are at least 5 hours behind right, why on earth can't it match me with Europeans at this time on a freaking Saturday? It seems every voice I hear or every person I speak with is American at any time I play.

I'd rather wait an extra 5 minutes and play on a EU server. Seems I'm at a disadvantage pretty much every game nowadays.

Oh well rant over.

Halo 3 always matched teams with teams. It did seem a lot more even an fair. Randoms were often fighting randoms as well.
I assume reach worked the same way but I didnt really play halo 4 to know how that went. What about halo 2?

Even 2 party teams on a team of 4 would match the same as far as I remember. I dont know if halo 5 has the player count for such things though

jem0208

Noticed something interesting when looking at the Remake Spreadsheet.

There are 126 multiplayer maps in Halo 1/2/3/Reach/4.

Of those, there are 96 original maps.

Of those, 35 have not been remade.

Finally, of those, 20 are from Halo 4.

Halo 4's maps really aren't that bad, there's just a lack of nostalgia associated with them so nobody wants to remake them. If only maps which were good to play on were remade that list would be a fair amount shorter.

Detective

New maps are coming. That's great. Looks good also .

Still no real BTB maps huh!!!

Is 343 in love with the industrial design to much or what?

jfoul

New maps are coming. That's great. Looks good also .

Still no real BTB maps huh!!!

Is 343 in love with the industrial design to much or what?

I think it's an art direction that hides the lower quality textures in MP. I'd like to see a Covenant & Forerunner art style Warzone next. Something other than clean industrial.

This update makes me so happy.

After extensive testing in the studio we’re happy to announce that starting with “Infinity’s Armory,” we’ve increased the weapon despawn timer across all of Warzone from 5 to 20 seconds without impacting framerate.

jem0208

I really like this image
h5-guardians-establishing-mp-arena-riptide-03-ea7f5c341de843159a45c367867bf309.jpg

Yes it's more soft white industrial design but I think it looks good. There also seems to be a sneaky route through a broken fan on the top left.

Leyasu

Banned
New armors and helmets are siiiiick.

Also, are those Carbine variants? Very nice.
I finally got the deadeye helmet yesterday.. But damn those new helmets are gorgeous.... And that yellow weapon skin I need.

A bit limited on the map content., but not the end of the world. I like to think that they have shifted resources to BTB maps and a PvE mode.

Hopefully the server selection fix they posted in the 118 page thread on waypoint will be meaningful as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom