• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

belushy

Banned
Finally a new Warzone Assault map :D

Riptide looks decent, need to see the layout since Overgrowth was ass, though.

The Booco. Green Pistol skin looks awesome too.

link1201

Above, you saw a glimpse of the heroic Achilles armor, which I already know will be Unyshek’s new armor of choice. Below, you’ll get a rundown of how you can grab this sweet set.

With the release of the Infinity’s Armory update, there will be two Spartan Company Mastery Commendations. The first is getting to level 3 in all of the Kill Commendations. This awards you with the Achilles Armor. The second Mastery Commendation is awarded for getting all Kill Commendations to level 5. This awards all members of the Company the Achilles Helmet.
Don't let me down HaloGaf.

Edit: Looking at the Kill Commendations, it may be awhile before we see the Armor set especially the helmet...damn. :'(

Glass

I duno man, 20 seconds is a loong time. Going to be alot more crazyness in Warzone. Love Noctus is getting an Assault map, was worried it might not seeing as the original is very self contained compared to the others. Looks like it's set at night, awesome.

Any ideas what the mythic legendary REQ at the top is?

Strider

I'm just gonna keep rockin my Raijin Sprite set. Really like it...

But as always I need the new magnum skins.

H5 Magnum has slowly become one of my favorite guns in any fps. Getting perfect kills with the magnum feels so good.

Idk if anything will ever pass pre-nerf Last Word in Destiny tho... Talk about an amazingly fun gun to use... That was it.

Glass

That forge prefabs stuff is legit amazing, makes the barrier to entry so much smaller for people who want to dip their toes in. Super glad that forge as it stands isn't done and there's still big additions coming to the actual mode, not just the sharing system.

Madness

At least Warzone Assault gets another map to play on. New Fathom remix will at least add another Arena map to play. Here's hoping we get the Forge Playlist soon or at least more maps added to BTB as well. Love the longer despawn time. More likely to call in REQ's above level 6.

Don't really like the increased damage resistance of rocket party. Kind of ruins the fun zanyness a game type like that is supposed to be. Should've just given everyone a starting Overshield or something.

Achilles armor commendation. We need 3 for armor, 5 for helm in all. Hopefully it's still able to be gotten in a req pack much like every other armor/helm. Just crazy though, I doubt we'll even come close to maxing 5/5 for each even if we played for a year.

BraXzy

Don't let me down HaloGaf.

Edit: Looking at the Kill Commendations, it may be awhile before we see the Armor set especially the helmet...damn. :'(

Link to our progress?

I sock the shit out of H5, how are we doing bad?! lol

I think the Kill Commendations are new? So its only just started? Does anyone have a link to HaloGAFs? I need that helmet.

So excited for Prefabs. I love how modular Forge is now.

It's an awesome feature, alongside a good file share/file browser it will really make Forge godlike.

link1201

Yeah thats right, but holy hell, level 2 requires 1000 assassinations.

Yeah, some of them are daunting. :/

Edit: I guess that's only ten for each member, not too bad but still I think it'll be awhile before we get there with all of them.

Sai

The Mark V looks weird. :[ Somethin' about the helmet just looks off.

Wonder if that's the M6D blurred up on the top right... Probably just another weapon skin.

Looks like a lot of new skins that's cool. Riptide looks promising based on the screenshot. Wish the livestream would have been this week and we were getting the update next Friday. :(

JackHerer

Seems like were going to be getting the Carbine variants in this update. Could be them blurred at the top. I was half expecting them to announce Warzone weapon variants as usable in Forge/customs/new arena modes since they teased it pretty hard in the last sneak peak with the new carbine/needle rifle on what appeared to be Truth.

Don't have a spartan company at the moment but that armor actually looks pretty cool.

So I'm not one to throw shade or anything, but I'm currently dumbfounded. I left feedback on someone's map - a remake of Lockout . I said that it was too big and it stretched out all of the sightlines and messed with most of the jumps. Geometry was missing in some areas and bumpy or inaccurate in others. The author also added an additional room on top of the Library that you can clamber to and hide in. Creative liberties are fine especially if the intention is to make the map play to one's preferences. However, given the inconsistent geo on top of the lack of virtually any kill boundaries outside of the map (letting players jump out of it and hide on the Glacier terrain), I gave it a low score and suggested that changes be made nonetheless.

The author has claimed that the map was made 100% from memory, and that it was 100% accurate even when presented with the contrary. So naturally, the author's response to my feedback was that it was a remake of Lockdown from H2A, not Lockout from Halo 2.

Lockdown is a remake of Lockout tho

post-30107-Justin-Timberlake-WTF-WHAT-gif-ZWRL.gif

I hope 343's Throwdown playlist is managed by people who actually know the maps.

E92 M3

I'm just gonna keep rockin my Raijin Sprite set. Really like it...

But as always I need the new magnum skins.

H5 Magnum has slowly become one of my favorite guns in any fps. Getting perfect kills with the magnum feels so good.

Idk if anything will ever pass pre-nerf Last Word in Destiny tho... Talk about an amazingly fun gun to use... That was it.

I have to agree that getting perfect kills with the magnum is EXTREMELY satisfying. Just as fun as the pre-nerf TLW. Both guns are the pinnacle of the respective game's PVP, in my opinion.

So I'm not one to throw shade or anything, but I'm currently dumbfounded. I left feedback on someone's map - a remake of Lockout . I said that it was too big and it stretched out all of the sightlines and messed with most of the jumps. Geometry was missing in some areas and bumpy or inaccurate in others. The author also added an additional room on top of the Library that you can clamber to and hide in. Creative liberties are fine especially if the intention is to make the map play to one's preferences. However, given the inconsistent geo on top of the lack of virtually any kill boundaries outside of the map (letting players jump out of it and hide on the Glacier terrain), I gave it a low score and suggested that changes be made nonetheless.

The author has claimed that the map was made 100% from memory, and that it was 100% accurate even when presented with the contrary. So naturally, the author's response to my feedback was that it was a remake of Lockdown from H2A, not Lockout from Halo 2.

Lockdown is a remake of Lockout tho

post-30107-Justin-Timberlake-WTF-WHAT-gif-ZWRL.gif

I hope 343's Throwdown playlist is managed by people who actually know the maps.

lol - that's funny

I like the idea of armor being achieved through commendations and other methods. However, locking it behind Spartan Companies isn't the way to go.

Madness

I like the idea of armor being achieved through commendations and other methods. However, locking it behind Spartan Companies isn't the way to go.

I thought aside from the 343 armors and skins, everything would be unlockable in game? I doubt Achilles won't be Mythic/Legendary, but they wouldn't screw over the people who don't ever get a Spartan company.

E92 M3

They want Halo to be more social
CSfK203UAAAkwID.png:large

I believe the exact words were "If you play a map enough times you know exactly how it's made."

Which would be fine if his Lockout and other remakes were 100%, or even 90% accurate.

You can fit 10 Scorpion Tanks on his top mid.

LOL.

Don't you know that every professional engineer does all calculations from memory without double checking the actual work?

Madness

I'm not a heavy forger, and while I try to keep up with what they've been doing, what exactly is game changing about what they're working on? Prefabs, meaning that people can share not maps, but other things? Like if some guy spends 80 hours building the most perfect base, he makes that a prefab and then everyone else can just download that specific base and put it into their own maps that they've only been doing terrain and stuff on?

Magwik

Banned
I'm not a heavy forger, and while I try to keep up with what they've been doing, what exactly is game changing about what they're working on? Prefabs, meaning that people can share not maps, but other things? Like if some guy spends 80 hours building the most perfect base, he makes that a prefab and then everyone else can just download that specific base and put it into their own maps that they've only been doing terrain and stuff on?
That's how I understood it.

Strider

Yea that's what it sounds like... Reminds me of Cities:Skylines where you can just download other peoples buildings from the steam workshop and instantly put them in your own game. It will be a really cool feature for Forge.

If I forge a Pelican and save the whole group, I can upload the group to my fileshare and you can download the group and put it on your map.

This means we can share structures for the first time and that's a big deal, especially for remakes. Maybe Mr Lockdown up there would have forged a better remake if he was using prefabs that were actually to scale, but I digress.

It also means you can effectively build your entire map, decide you don't like the canvas you built it on, upload every structure on it and then move to another canvas, download your structures, and recreate your map there.

Think of it like a Forge library supplied by the community. With a working File Browser, you can search for the prefabs you want in game or online - ideally with a thumbnail beside it - and download it to put on your map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom