• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSB

Banned
The lack of even acknowledging solo players gives me very little hope anything will change. I freaking love this game, but it's not fun playing team after team when you're alone.

Quitters in every 4v4 game tonight, switch to WZ, use a yellow boost, get d/c from the game. Lol, holy fuck!!!!
Yeah, this should not happen. Maybe 343 should add a Mercenaries playlist or something.

Kinda disappointed that we're only getting 2 maps and they're both essentially remixes. Hopefully we get some forge maps this update too, lots of good stuff out there from the community.

Akai__

Someone was clearly overestimating these tiers. Good luck getting some of these to Level 5, before Halo 6 comes out. Can't say that I care either way for the armor/helmet set, but I'll do my part. Maybe people will be able to do it, when they increase the Spartan Company number to at least 200 people.

Kinda disappointed that we're only getting 2 maps and they're both essentially remixes. Hopefully we get some forge maps this update too, lots of good stuff out there from the community.

June can't come soon enough. When all the confirmed updates are release the game will hopefullly be in an much more complete state, than it already is.

Yeah this update is pretty underwhelming. Riptide looks cool even though it's a remix. I don't play WZ Assault so I don't really care about that. The only piece of armor/helm I want is locked behind Spartan Company and a ridiculous grind on top of it.

New weapon skins look nice though.

minx

LOL totally called them holding back the Noctus Assault variant so them could include it in the next month's map addition. It will count toward the 16+ maps until June as well. People seem to have forgot about that bullshit claim which appears to include Forge and "assault" maps.

So far we have 5 cartographer Forge maps, one Warzone map, and one arena remix reusing previous assets. Coming up we have another remix and an assault variant which should never count as an additional map. So 7 more maps to go. I'm guessing another warzone map, an assault variant, 2 more remixes, and 3 more Forge BTB maps. I love the game but so far it's a bullshit "free DLC" until proven otherwise.

On a positive note I finally unlocked a DMR after 80 hours of multiplayer.

Ade

So yeah, I'm SR80, active and in the wrong HaloGAF, once you purge am I okay to apply?

I'm plat2 and not terrible.... Honest

I finally moved up to Gold 3, let's see how long I can stay there...

LOL totally called them holding back the Noctus Assault variant so them could include it in the next month's map addition. It will count toward the 16+ maps until June as well. People seem to have forgot about that bullshit claim which appears to include Forge and "assault" maps.

So far we have 5 cartographer Forge maps, one Warzone map, and one arena remix reusing previous assets. Coming up we have another remix and an assault variant which should never count as an additional map. So 7 more maps to go. I'm guessing another warzone map, an assault variant, 2 more remixes, and 3 more Forge BTB maps. I love the game but so far it's a bullshit "free DLC" until proven otherwise.

On a positive note I finally unlocked a DMR after 80 hours of multiplayer.

TBH I've learnt to not care about what promises 343 give. Also from the look of it Riptide seems to be fairly different aesthetically from Fathom.

jem0208

Remixes are fine.

The similarities between Overgrowth and Plaza are superficial at best. Overgrowth has maybe 2 or 3 rooms which have similar geometry. It plays and looks completely differently to Plaza.

Regret and Truth are the same, they look and play fairly differently and only share a few rooms and the general shape.

Eden and Empire whilst looking quite similar play like completely different maps, even though they probably share the most out of the remix pairs we have.

E92 M3

Like Ram, last night I was playing slayer (couldn't find an FFA game) and got the same idiots 3 times in a row against the same group of 4.

It wasn't fun, but I am proud of on only having one DNF ever.

Magwik

Banned
Remixes are fine.

The similarities between Overgrowth and Plaza are superficial at best. Overgrowth has maybe 2 or 3 rooms which have similar geometry. It plays and looks completely differently to Plaza.

Regret and Truth are the same, they look and play fairly differently and only share a few rooms and the general shape.

Eden and Empire whilst looking quite similar play like completely different maps, even though they probably share the most out of the remix pairs we have.
Overgrowth is also a giant turd of a map though

I accepted most of you guys for the Spartan Company. If you have not played since Mid-December and I did not recognize your gamertag/username from previous pre-MCC HaloGAF threads, you got kicked. Next month I will discharge former HaloGAF members but who have not played the game for weeks, so we have spots for new users who enjoy the game.

I used to hate Guardian until I realized that I just hated Halo 3's Team Slayer.

I dunno what The Cage was supposed to be but I hope I never have to play on it again.

I love Lockout, but I've never been a fan of Guardian and The Cage and Uncaged are both pure shit. Reach had really bad maps overall, I only liked Countdown, Highlands, Anchor 9 and Condemned. The Invasion maps were fun as well, assassinating someone off of the Spire was fun.

Magwik

Banned
I accepted most of you guys for the Spartan Company. If you have not played since Mid-December and I did not recognize your gamertag/username from previous pre-MCC HaloGAF threads, you got kicked. Next month I will discharge former HaloGAF members but who have not played the game for weeks, so we have spots for new users who enjoy the game.
Let the grind begin

maximrace

Thanks, now let's get some of those Commendations :p

Cool thanks!

Sebtrt

Neo Member
Alright I'm in need of a new Spartan Company. My current one is not only small but completely inactive.

How does one get into the HaloGAF company? Just apply and cross your fingers? I play almost daily. So long as I'm online I'm up for invites to anything.

Ade

Have now applied, having left the "other" HaloGAF

E92 M3

It sucks they are not doing a "listen in" for the UK tournament. It's a lot more interesting to hear what's going on from the player's perspective.

It sucks they are not doing a "listen in" for the UK tournament. It's a lot more interesting to hear what's going on from the player's perspective.

TOP MID, TOP MID. ON MY X! SNIPER DOWN ON ME! Captivating commnetary.

I like watching the games, but there's so much shouting over teammates in competitive Halo and I don't like listening to it.

Glass

Last weekend I had the Halo stream and some of the players stream up and kept swapping between the two, commentary was good but it was seriously intense in the players stream, as someone who watches these guys normally. Actually really like these online tournaments for that reason alone, kind of cool in this age of Twitch and people broadcasting themselves.

E92 M3

TOP MID, TOP MID. ON MY X! SNIPER DOWN ON ME! Captivating commnetary.

I like watching the games, but there's so much shouting over teammates in competitive Halo and I don't like listening to it.

I just like hearing player commentary more lol.

Last weekend I had the Halo stream and some of the players stream up, commentary was good but it was seriously intense in the players stream. Actually really like these online tournaments for that reason alone, kind of cool in this age of Twitch and people broadcasting themselves.

Yes, I don't watch the Halo stream for the online tournament. EG stream is always my first stop and then CLG. This weekend will be Leftovers, though. Really excited to see what Leftover does. Yesterday they beat CLG in scrims 5-3 I believe.

Glass

Yes, I don't watch the Halo stream for the online tournament. EG stream is always my first stop and then CLG. This weekend will be Leftovers, though. Really excited to see what Leftover does. Yesterday they beat CLG in scrims 5-3 I believe.

After beating Optic 9 - 0 :3

Ramirez

Was it not you who said that there are tons of players here to play with, so you do not have to deal with that problem, or was it Nutters? :p Welcome to my world! Arena is frustrating soloing. Especially on Stronghold.

In my opinion I could kick out the GAFfers who are not playing the game anymore. I remember when everyone was pissed that we want to keep the group small and not adding every GAFfer. I will make room for you later tonight!

Probably was me, as there was a time when my FL was 10+ on every night. Now I'm lucky to see 3 on through out a night.

It wasn't really even getting matched against a team that made me want to post, but the fact that the game matched me with them twice in a row after they clearly shit on me the first time. Maybe the population was just low, but at 1600 in TA on a Friday night on the east coast, you'd think it could do better than matching me against a team of 4 with 2 of them in the 2100s, heh. Much less doing it to me back to back!

jem0208

They beat CLG 6-2

singhr1

You set your expectations too high. Holiday break + moving studios meant that this update would be about getting forge maps into the playlist and putting maps that have been in development for a while.

Noticed something interesting when looking at the Remake Spreadsheet.

There are 126 multiplayer maps in Halo 1/2/3/Reach/4.

Of those, there are 96 original maps.

Of those, 35 have not been remade.

Finally, of those, 20 are from Halo 4.

I think it's worth noting that Halo 4's maps were so bad that only three original Halo 4 maps have been remade, and I doubt that many of them ever will be. Who's super hyped for an Abandon remake? Fuck yeah Meltdown, am I right?

Someone was working on a Landfall remake. Longbow has been reimagined already into matchmaking. Ravine is basically mini blood gulch. Full Halo 4 BTB map remakes would probably be too taxing, I can't imagine Longbow or Vortex being remade too faithfully after seeing how expensive Sandtrap is.

I wouldn't mind an Exile, Monolith, and Skyline remake. The latter two would look great on the space canvas. Although those two had good map flow, I don't think they provided an Arena experience I can't get elsewhere.

belushy

Banned
Remixes are fine.

I just think its funny a few people come in here after each update is revealed and says "oh great another remix..." whenever we've known for months that each dev map was getting a remix.

Hey guys, we are probably going to get The Rig remix in next months patch. No amount of complaining about remixes will stop them from releasing a map they've been working on for months. The Rig and Coliseum still need remixes, but we can probably expect "original" maps after that.
Hopefully based in Sunaion or Shangehelios temple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom