• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trup1aya

The SPNKr fires way too fast to work in Rocket Party.

That's why it would be fun... IMO the current gametype doesn't work. The floaty physics + the low damage + stabilizers makes the slow rockets really frustrating...

Too much surviving, not enough dying...

I'd rather SPNKr with reloading

BraXzy

The breakout medals at this point are probably all from Braxy

Hey someone's gotta do it ;)

I love Breakout and no one can stop me! I'm finally Onyx in it. Still need to have a proper look at the required commendations and cry at how far off we are. Since I joined the company recently, does it only count stuff I've done from that point, or does it pool in my stats so far? I have over 11K kills.

So i know it's 9 years late now, but with all the talk of Forgers trying to make custom vehicles, it just occurred to me how crazy it was for Bungie to have created a giant vehicle, the elephant, entirely for one map in matchmaking - the likes of which we haven't seen since.

H3 BTB sogood.gif

IHaveIce

Banned
Hey someone's gotta do it ;)

I love Breakout and no one can stop me! I'm finally Onyx in it. Still need to have a proper look at the required commendations and cry at how far off we are. Since I joined the company recently, does it only count stuff I've done from that point, or does it pool in my stats so far? I have over 11K kills.

I think only since you joined

Trup1aya

Any tips for sniper? I'm really bad at it.
Did anyone created a forge map to train sniper with objects or something like that?

The forge maps won't help too much because there isn't any autoaim on those targets. The key to sniper is moving the reticle just enough for the aim assists to kick in..

iso135

I would get in on HaloGAF Spartan company if there are inactive people that could be replaced. I play 2-3 times a week minimum. Currently SR70. If not, oh well. I will just remain in my 3 man Spartan company that a friend started, ha.

GT: iso135

I would get in on HaloGAF Spartan company if there are inactive people that could be replaced. I play 2-3 times a week minimum. Currently SR70. If not, oh well. I will just remain in my 3 man Spartan company that a friend started, ha.

GT: iso135
I just joined but haven't had a chance to play any games yet. Dont boot me! Married life has completely changed the amount of free time i have. Having some serious halo withdrawals though.

Ramirez

Two of the mods of the SC don't even play the game, lol. Time for a cleansing...a BK Cleansing.

32/99 haven't even placed in an Arena list this season, so yea, there's plenty of room for new people that actually play.

iso135

Two of the mods of the SC don't even play the game, lol. Time for a cleansing...a BK Cleansing.

32/99 haven't even placed in an Arena list this season, so yea, there's plenty of room for new people that actually play.

Thanks. Is there anyone specific I should contact?

IHaveIce

Banned

like I said. blame Elzar
I'm on a daily grind at least for the 2 daily win packs.
Gonna start using some different weapons to get the remaining commendations.

jem0208

like I said. blame Elzar
I'm on a daily grind at least for the 2 daily win packs.
Gonna start using some different weapons to get the remaining commendations.

The grind for the DMR commendation is rough when the only one you've got requires 8 req points. Only need 30 kills or so more with it now though...

So hows the total population holding up in Halo 5? I'd like to know if its faring any better then what Halo 4 was around this time of its lifecycle.

UKUMI0

So I decided to take a break from Forging and play some Warzone solo. Joined midgame and my team was ~120 to 700 so I was just going for the kills. Then all of a sudden my team captures all the bases, I grab an Ultra Ghost and head straight to their base.

When I got their it was totally undefended but sadly my team was back defending one of the bases, so I just went "fuck it" and took out all the AI and the one player there and just hammered into the core.

Here is the result:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/UKUMI0/video/13945745

This is why I love Warzone, even the worst teams can make a comeback.

Karl2177

WEAPON'S WON'T DESPAWN AS QUICKLY IN WARZONE ANYMORE. WAS 5 SECONDS NOW IT'S 20

Another sneak peak https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/infinitys-armory-preview-2

Riptide is the Fathom remix, Urban is the Noctus Assault variant.
5 seconds was too short, but 20 seconds might be too long. We'll see when the update drops, but I'm not super optimistic.

I duno man, 20 seconds is a loong time. Going to be alot more crazyness in Warzone. Love Noctus is getting an Assault map, was worried it might not seeing as the original is very self contained compared to the others. Looks like it's set at night, awesome.

Any ideas what the mythic legendary REQ at the top is?
Honestly, it looks like a BR or a DMR. Just spitballing, but Noble's DMR or Locke's BR.

Noticed something interesting when looking at the Remake Spreadsheet.

There are 126 multiplayer maps in Halo 1/2/3/Reach/4.

Of those, there are 96 original maps.

Of those, 35 have not been remade.

Finally, of those, 20 are from Halo 4.

I think it's worth noting that Halo 4's maps were so bad that only three original Halo 4 maps have been remade, and I doubt that many of them ever will be. Who's super hyped for an Abandon remake? Fuck yeah Meltdown, am I right?
That remake project is interesting. It'll be really cool once a legitimate file sharing system gets implemented. That being said, seeing some of these remakes gives me the urge to pop in the old games and play those. For some reason, I was having fond memories of playing Reach and Highlands. Should probably work on excising those memories. ;)

Frankie have changes been made to the ui so the SPNKr can be a spawn weapon?

Wasn't cage originally a HCE map though? So technically Lockout is a cage remix.

iirc, Cage was just a concept of rooms and platforms with bridges linking them(similar to Lockout) in the CE era; it still hadn't been fully designed. Then Reach rolls around and Carney went back to the idea of the Cage with the intent of it being a playable area in the campaign. It got cut and so they tinkered with it in Forge.

I'd like to see them do an asymmetrical map with Riptide. Fathom is already really good though.

any tips for it? I always play terrible on it solo. Always feels like there's a guy coming behind me or people just get away one shot because they're too many corners to turn and hide.

im_dany

People is quitting even in rockets, I can't believe how toxic online populations are nowadays in most games :/

I guess if I were to join HaloGAF SC I wouldn't bring with me my progresses, right? I'm already in one but I'm one of the few that plays the game and I will never complete any commendations this way :/

Trup1aya

So hows the total population holding up in Halo 5? I'd like to know if its faring any better then what Halo 4 was around this time of its lifecycle.

Looks like it's maintaining month-to-month better than H4, however, the player base is much smaller than H4s was to begin with. I'm gonna start worrying if 343i can't do anything to bring new players in.

Free weekends and trials plz!!!

HyperTrooper or SlightLive I imagine? Elzar doesn't play to my knowledge, too busy pretending Battlefront is a good game. ;P

Pretending? You bastard! :D

I played this week, got placed in diamond in Slayer.

It's k I think.

But you're right, I'll do a purge tonight, if Hyper hasn't already.

First one off is....ICE!

So i know it's 9 years late now, but with all the talk of Forgers trying to make custom vehicles, it just occurred to me how crazy it was for Bungie to have created a giant vehicle, the elephant, entirely for one map in matchmaking - the likes of which we haven't seen since.

H3 BTB sogood.gif

I know right! And then they took it out with Sand Tarp, which broke my heart.

Do you have space for one more at HaloGaf?
I was at Neogaf SC ( UK time) but there are 77 unranked players this season.....

EDIT: Already requested. I play almost every day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom