• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
*sensible chuckle*
91737-trust-me-gif-T2-Terminator-Arn-QmU7.gif

jesu

You essentially pick up where you left off at the end of the prior season.

So still quite lowly, seems about right.
Got to Silver 2 FFA tonight, got destroyed in my last match though.
Some maps are worse than others I suppose.

I do like the Gears-like over grown one though, I do all right there.

Did anyone else see that super close CTF match in the EU HCS earlier?

Return/cap in the last second to tie the match, just before the carrier was killed.

Also saw a game where snipedrone was making head shots with snipes like it was nothing... Dude is a massive threat to any opposition.

Still don't know how to feel about the Mk. V though..
b8355d67bbc4fa5fd3259a6a3d009541.png

I'll probably stick with the Mk. IV armor and dabble with the Mk. V helmet to see if it grows on me.
Alpha? Are we going to get another version of the Mark V? Wouldn't mind a second version of the helmet that looks closer to the original.

Madness

There will be a cull tonight

The question is will Elzar go too far?

Tawp, you can have Overs seat, not like he comes here much anymore.

I'm surprised. Haven't seen Over post here since he finished his Pit remake in Counterstrike. I would've thought he'd like what Forge was doing, possible upcoming stuff like prefabs.

Strider

Playing my first slayer matches in a while. I'm still kinda rusty since I haven't been playing as often so in my first 4 games... Loss. Loss. Loss. Loss.

The last 2 games were against the same party of 4 and I went 3 kills and 16 deaths in the 4th match. My worst game of H5 to date. Fun times
goodjob.gif

If only there was a less serious and more casual playlist available so I wouldn't get donged on while I get back into things...

Fuchsdh

Alpha? Are we going to get another version of the Mark V? Wouldn't mind a second version of the helmet that looks closer to the original.

The version that looks closer to the original is Mk IV (the only major difference is the chin.)

In this case I can understand why they didn't do a faithful Mk V interpretation just because it'd be fairly close to the Noble and Mk IV armor already. It does look a bit weird helmet wise, although the suit might be nice, would have to see it from more angles.

TCKaos

Pretty sure it's a distinction between the standard Mark V and Mark V variant.

Mark V was created by private contractors for use exclusively within SPECWAR Group 3, which includes the SPARTANs. Mark V is the initial roll-out that we see in Fall of Reach in 2551. This is also the model used by Noble Team during Halo: Reach.

The Mark V Alpha armor is the second roll-out issued to the SPARTAN-IIs for use in Operation: RED FLAG just before the actual invasion of Reach, the main functional difference being the upgraded neural net that allowed the wearer to interface with AI. It's the one that shows up in all of the other games.

I'm surprised. Haven't seen Over post here since he finished his Pit remake in Counterstrike. I would've thought he'd like what Forge was doing, possible upcoming stuff like prefabs.

Pretty hard to post when you're banned.

Wonder what happened. Used to play DayZ and Arma with him all the time.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Fucking randoms. Trying to chill with some btb and some prick betrays me, team shoots me, blocks my shots, teabags the whole match.

Oh, its funknown! Lol

Oh, wow. Just found this. What the hell happened?

Maybe it just looks weird in the render?

When they previewed it in game last month it looked bad as well. It's so bad that I wish they would re-do it, or come out with a Mk. V master chief variant that looks closer to the original or something.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
hahahah fun games, this is the last thing I saw!
RIP

The Hog Whisperer -- I'm telling you.. I'm one with the H O G. Just ask ivy!
lool

You son of a bitch! I actually respawned and played a bit, hopped off the mid structure to play interference for our flag runner and the game just froze. And lol at the video. That was rad.

TCKaos

When they previewed it in game last month it looked bad as well. It's so bad that I wish they would re-do it, or come out with a Mk. V master chief variant that looks closer to the original or something.

So, did the thing I normally do. Made the undersuit black, armor sage and visor Legendary (or as close as possible). Left is the result of just that, right is further modified.
8RWVmKz.png
wy58lC5.png

Glass

Made some photomerges from my run through tonight.

SrFb.png

TrFb.png

Mo here
http://i.picpar.com/tsFb.png
http://i.picpar.com/KrFb.png
http://i.picpar.com/OrFb.png
http://i.picpar.com/QrFb.png
http://i.picpar.com/RrFb.png

And an idea for a future skin pack, where instead something designed to be a skin, its literally just Sparth artwork for a set, Darren Bacon's for another. 'The Artist's Series' or something, and you'd be able to see their signatures somewhere on there. I'd fucking love that. Simpler ones might need to be used but this is the general idea.

Trup1aya

Man, I'd really like an inside look at the decision making behind Halo 5's sustain plan. I'm consistently find myself baffled...

Who's idea was it to launch with so few game modes, and fail to release classic ones for over 3 months? Who's idea was it to have BTB feature forge maps exclusively? Who's thought it was cool to reuse the same buildings over and over again in the Warzone maps? Who thought it was cool to cut Warzone maps in half and call them New maps?

Why did anyone think these things would be pleasing to the customer? I consistently find myself in between loving this game and hating the fact that I paid full price for it. Looking closely at the 'new' map Urban, and seeing yet another fucking Armory plopped in where the Monument was makes me sick. Then, reading the Community Update about it, where Bravo and crew attempt to describe it as something other than rehash makes me angry...

Magwik

Banned
Man, I'd really like an inside look at the decision making behind Halo 5's sustain plan. I'm consistently find myself baffled...

Who's idea was it to launch with so few game modes, and fail to release classic ones for over 3 months? Who's idea was it to have BTB feature forge maps exclusively. Who's thought it was cool to reuse the same buildings over and over again in the Warzone maps? Who thought it was cool to cut Warzone maps in half and call them New maps?

Why did anyone think these things would be pleasing to the customer? I consistently find myself in between loving this game and hating the fact that I paid full price for it. Looking closely at the 'new' map Urban, and seeing yet another fucking Armory plopped in where the Monument was makes me sick. Then, reading the Community Update about it, where Bravo and crew attempt to describe it as something other than rehash makes me angry...

It's best to assume the game just wasn't ready to launch until June 2016

CeeSaw

And an idea for a future skin pack, where instead something designed to be a skin, its literally just Sparth artwork for a set, Darren Bacon's for another. 'The Artist's Series' or something, and you'd be able to see their signatures somewhere on there. I'd fucking love that. Simpler ones might need to be used but this is the general idea.

These would be so sick! Be a really nice change from the skins we currently have too.

SrFb.png

TrFb.png

Mo here
http://i.picpar.com/KrFb.png
http://i.picpar.com/OrFb.png
http://i.picpar.com/QrFb.png
http://i.picpar.com/RrFb.png

Who's idea was it to launch with so few game modes, and fail to release classic ones for over 3 months? Who's idea was it to have BTB feature forge maps exclusively? Who's thought it was cool to reuse the same buildings over and over again in the Warzone maps? Who thought it was cool to cut Warzone maps in half and call them New maps?

Is it Quinn? Is he in charge of the time-table these drops should occur and how Halo 5 will become in the future? Was he in charge of Halo 4's mp??

Dude,

I love those screen shots! And I love your ideas about skins.

Magwik

Banned
Then I'd have to ask... Why would it take so long to make THIS game? What is it about Halo5 that would make its content harder to create than any other long running sequel?

The engine? Heavy story re-writes (using the massive difference between marketing and actual game content as a reference)? MP being done in house for the first time?

link1201

I totally see where you're coming from. I shake my head at some of the same stuff. You'd think after this long they'd have a set of standard features and then add new features onto that. Don't get me wrong the base game is some of the best Halo ever but simple things seem to have been overlooked. It is all very strange to me.

Madness

There's no hope for competitive Halo anymore. Last two matches in Breakout assholes betraying for BR. If it's not quitters, it's griefers and betrayers. Next BTB match, guys betraying teammates for rockets, betray 3 times before boot option comes.

No wonder join in progress, friendly fire off, no ranks have become staples. The communities themselves are to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom