• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
So out of 6 or 7 matches, 3 have been on Apparition. Pretty shit map rotation.

The game needs a form of suffrage. The veto/ vote system of last 9 years wasn't perfect but it sure beat having to suffer the same map four times in a row with absolutely no say in the matter. Halo 5 is such a regression in that regard.

Ryde3

The game needs a form of suffrage. The veto/ vote system of last 9 years wasn't perfect but it sure beat having to suffer the same map four times in a row with absolutely no say in the matter. Halo 5 is such a regression in that regard.

I understand their issues with how the voting worked, but the maps don't seem to be mixed up enough - something needs to be done.

I feel like the Plasma Caster is the one weapon that everyone can agree needs to be tweaked a little.

Everytime I get the plasma caster it's a couple guaranteed kills

Feels like a power weapon to me.

You need to use it a few times to get used it for sure..but once you get used to baiting people it's easy to land that full charge sticky for free kills.

gAg CruSh3r

Map reviews so far

Overpass = meh
Epicenter = far too crowded
Absolute = really cool

Absolute: This map is actually my friends map and it was really fun to see it come to life. When he showed off the actual Breakout area (the stadium portion of the map) he made on glacier I was quite blown away. I hope you guys enjoy his map.

Yeah, they need to fix the map rotation, but since the lobby always disband after the match, the veto system alone wouldn't make miracles, it would just improve the rotation a little bit, because it would also be random without a previous map played in that lobby. I don't know if you understand what I tried to said. Sorry for my basic English.

Nowise10

My god Breakout feels so much better when you'r not playing on the same 3 maps over and over. And too think this will only last 3 days.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
What is it? Oh forge maps. How fucking stupid. Who even likes Breakout, and why does this mode need more maps now?

i'm not a fan of breakout either, but this is a nice surprise and a good start for forge content getting out to the masses. plus, gotta say, those maps look pretty cool.

Ramirez

Tried the new list, lasted 2 games. How anyone could consider breakout good, much less their favorite mode is waaaaay over my head.

Only 30 minutes more for the Infinity Armory Live Stream!

hype.png

Breakout is awesome, I can't wait to try these maps!

Map rotation is just random, it can't rotate specifically for you.
I'm against veto as everyone picks the same modes/maps over and over... Im cool with playing overgrowth occasionally for something different.

"Let's throw the first test bed of maps into that playlist no one plays", hah.
They probably chose Breakout to see how this news impacts its population, if it attracts more people; it's a dying playlist, etc. I'm curious to see if it'll make a difference.
My god Breakout feels so much better when you'r not playing on the same 3 maps over and over. And too think this will only last 3 days.
Breakout grew on me over time. Some exciting moments result from being down and pulling out the clutch victories.

Strider

Only played a few games but I'm enjoying the new playlist so far tbh. This is mainly because it keeps matching me up with scrubs though lol

Gonna take a break for now tho since the stream is about to start

Glass

New clips being played, hopefully same for HCS breaks. This Terminal video is really nicely done, great way to show off your Forge map.

Only played a few games but I'm enjoying the new playlist so far tbh. This is mainly because it keeps matching me up with scrubs though lol

Gonna take a break for now tho since the stream is about to start

Breakout is fun with a good team but with a bad team is the worst gametype from Halo 5 IMO

Strider

Breakout is fun with a good team but with a bad team is the worst gametype from Halo 5 IMO

I actually think it's the best playlist for solo q or with shit teammates tbh lol

The best part about Breakout to me is if you have a shit team and/or are getting donged on your deaths are limited and the game is over quick... then it's on to the next. Other game types can be brutal.

I don't play much Breakout tho so this is based on a small sample size. Only 33 games since launch.

Fuchsdh

I actually think it's the best playlist for solo q or with shit teammates tbh lol

The best part about Breakout to me is if you have a shit team and/or are getting donged on your deaths are limited and the game is over quick... then it's on to the next. Other game types can be brutal.

I don't play much Breakout tho so this is based on a small sample size. Only 33 games since launch.

Yep. The other advantage of regular Breakout is that with the lowered health, a ninja move by you can allow a skilled player to take on two or even three guys in quick succession and still come out ahead.

I think I still on balance prefer Arena Breakout, but going in solo to regular Breakout is less frustrating.

BraXzy

I don't know if its just the Twitch app on Xbox, but the stream is buffering like crazy.

And the audio is only come through the left ear which is messing me up.

Akai__

Yeah, these already existing gametypes take a long time to make. I'll totally believe that 343i. It's not like they already exist 14 years.

Also, pretty weird that the community is asking for new gametypes, right? Who would have fucking thought that?

We know you want more gamemodes, so we're here to tell you we are working hard on another Slayer variant. :/

Yeah... lol

BraXzy

The multiplayer team member just confirmed all of the gamemode stuff has been worked on after launch. Why the hell weren't these even touched during development? Who decided that ignoring them till post launch was fine? :S

BraXzy

If the stream doesn't get sorted I think I'll just wait and watch a highlight/trailer/recap or something. The stuttering and messed up audio isn't fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom