• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
if anything it needs a buff. Would be interesting to see 343 increase its red reticle range 24 more feet. Scaling maps around its RRR makes the Thruster very powerful.
I got in a few more games this morning and i was getting worked by the AR while using the pistol. That might not say much since I am really rusty, but for the precision needed with the pistol, it did not seem like I was getting any kind of advantage. I've been picking up the storm rifle instead. I think I need all the help I can get. My goal is to get my K/D ratio back to 1. How sad is that.

I got in a few more games this morning and i was getting worked by the AR while using the pistol. That might not say much since I am really rusty, but for the precision needed with the pistol, it did not seem like I was getting any kind of advantage. I've been picking up the storm rifle instead. I think I need all the help I can get. My goal is to get my K/D ratio back to 1. How sad is that.

In super close range you need to be able to effectively strafe and use cover to duel with an AR user, but don't be sad if you lose because the AR is meant to be effective at that while the pistol is not, any range past that you should be able to win any 1v1 fight as long as your shots land, work on your pistol is essential in this game.

In super close range you need to be able to effectively strafe and use cover to duel with an AR user, but don't be sad if you lose because the AR is meant to be effective at that while the pistol is not, any range past that you should be able to win any 1v1 fight as long as your shots land, work on your pistol is essential in this game.

what IS the best time to use the AR?

Cleaning up kills, and sometimes setting up an ambush in closed quarters, but the majority of the time I don't find myself hanging on to the AR, always trade it for a map pick up.

i press Y right away when i spawn in arena pretty much.

got worked with a few ARs last night, but both times were ambushes. so. that makes sense.

It's a work in progress lol. How many shots are needed for the different weapons? Is the pistol, BR, and DMR all 4 shot kill weapons or 5? I should know but haven't been paying close enough attention while getting a feel for everything. Its amazing how much map knowledge affects my game. Unfortunately I'm still learning all the maps lol...

Caja 117

I always switch to AR when I'm close to melee range, the thing I'm looking for here is that it helps me out on making sure I have my Magnum with the 7(?) bullets in its chamber for medium range and kills cleanup.

Leyasu

Banned
NAH MAN - This one is ...

15f35b5c-5915-40a7-9f2c-913fa8f6f6f2

I like the white accents that always show regardless if im on blue or red team.

w/ my Midnight Visor.

Too many angles for my tastes.

I just need to find the perfect armor now.

belushy

Banned
Nah they have to do the stream today, that would be too many things at the same time for them...

:/

Lmao

Also Tom French made a tweet that seemed to imply they want to add a forge world at some point, and that it was in the original plans for launch, but obviously that didn't work out.

on mobile so can't link

Lmao

Also Tom French made a tweet that seemed to imply they want to add a forge world at some point, and that it was in the original plans for launch, but obviously that didn't work out.

on mobile so can't link

More and more we hear about stuff that didn't make it to launch. Really feel like they should have delayed Halo 5 for 6+ months and launched with everything we've come to expect in a new Halo title. Probably would have worked out better.

More and more we hear about stuff that didn't make it to launch. Really feel like they should have delayed Halo 5 for 6+ months and launched with everything we've come to expect in a new Halo title. Probably would have worked out better.

yeah im beginning to become 100% convinced this was not the game they intended to launch with

Welfare

Lmao

on mobile so can't link

I can't wait for that so we can play such classics like "Somehow even blander looking" Ascension and "How do you fuck this up" Sanctuary. A Paradiso Remix where instead of a huge mountain in the middle, it's now a large hole in the ground for the Banshee to wreak even more shit.

Trup1aya

The pistol rewards skill. Once you possess the skill, you will possess the advantage over AR users.

On the other side of that, people who use the AR as a primary weapon will hit a brick wall as they try to progress through the ranks.

Trup1aya

I'm somewhat perplexed how the weapon balance is like 90-95% great, but the vehicle balance is like 90-95% awful.

I feel like the vehicle mechanics are glitched or something... You never know how much damage you'll take or dish out when colliding with someone or something.

Welfare

Forge Island > Forge World.

Why can't there be an option for the canvases to have complete flat version? Fuck off with those Forge Island "flat" areas as well, make them 100% flat.

Parallax is the best Canvas. It has some annoying lighting glitches, but you can basically change the Exosphere skybox to anything you want and there's so much room to work with. I can build my lightbox on 0.0, then build all my modular assets on the left side of the map and then build my map on the right side. It feels like you're actually working in a studio or something .

Raide

Forge Island > Forge World.

Why can't there be an option for the canvases to have complete flat version? Fuck off with those Forge Island "flat" areas as well, make them 100% flat.

100 x This. Stop making crafted worlds. Its damn annoying to Forge things on. Hence the reason I keep Forging on Parallax. Just make the terrain tools even better and we will make our own bumps and lumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom