• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot-Original.png

I had to go to the chiropractor afterwards

blamite

2VIYXnJ.jpg

Anyone know how this emblem is unlocked? Is it in Req packs or tied to some commendation?

I really hope it's not a commendation, it's one of the few emblems in the game that I actually like. ;_;

Akai__

http://i.imgur.com/2VIYXnJ.jpg

Anyone know how this emblem is unlocked? Is it in Req packs or tied to some commendation?

I really hope it's not a commendation, it's one of the few emblems in the game that I actually like. ;_;

Sine Waypoint actually doesn't show you how to unlock stuff, which is stupid in itself, this is the only source I have:

Triangulate (Rare) - Unlock: Commendation REQ Pack

I'm 99% done with my Silver packs and haven't unlocked it yet, so it could be true.

They don't have player count for Breakout to do 2 playlists. It's obvious.

Highrise is good looking, at least.

Why could that be? Maybe because 343i said themself that Breakout is the least played mode? Oh... I see...

It's mind boggling that they spent so many ressources on Breakout instead of giving us BTB from the get go for example. Just lol at all The Sprint episodes, that focused arround Breakout and how they tested this mode. Such a bad misstep.

2VIYXnJ.jpg

I just got this one the other day from maxing out a commendation, honestly don't remember which one it was though.

singhr1

"Let's throw the first test bed of maps into that playlist no one plays", hah.

That would be the way to do it. Slow roll out of forge maps.

At least we sort-of have a "The Pit" remake now.

EDIT: Bravo on Reddit:

Hey everyone! To provide a bit of extra background, this is the first foray into the world of community Forge maps into matchmaking. Most community Forge playlists will come in the form of a dedicated weekend social, but we didn't want to split the Breakout population across two lists. We'll be using this period to identify some favorites from the community selection, and integrating them into the proper Breakout playlist for the next season.

Moving forward, additional dedicated playlists on our mind (can't make promises here, but sharing what we're brainstorming) include Community Slayer & obj, mini-games, Action Sack-y type stuff, etc, and we're actively integrating these game types into the multiplayer pipeline for testing for future playlists.

Lots more on the way and I'll try to answer more questions before the stream today. Thanks everyone <3

So yes, breakout has a low population. If you remember their last tally:

Holiday Playlist Popularity
By total unique users
1.Warzone
2.Slayer
3.Team Arena
4.SWAT
5.Big Team Battle
6.Holiday Social
7.Warzone Assault
8.Breakout
9.Holiday Doubles
10.Free for All

Oh i apologize... i thought they just straight up removed them. This a limited time event?

From the waypoint post:

"To close out the January 2016 Season, we’re taking the top community Breakout maps and throwing them into the Breakout playlist so you can find your favorites. Next week, you'll get to vote on your top choices, and the winning maps will be integrated into the February 2016 Breakout playlist along with the previous on-disc maps."

Map reviews so far

Overpass = meh
Epicenter = far too crowded
Absolute = really cool

I played Overpass again and I really don't like it

Sine Waypoint actually doesn't show you how to unlock stuff, which is stupid in itself, this is the only source I have:

Triangulate (Rare) - Unlock: Commendation REQ Pack

I'm 99% done with my Silver packs and haven't unlocked it yet, so it could be true.

Why could that be? Maybe because 343i said themself that Breakout is the least played mode? Oh... I see...

It's mind boggling that they spent so many ressources on Breakout instead of giving us BTB from the get go for example. Just lol at all The Sprint episodes, that focused arround Breakout and how they tested this mode. Such a bad misstep.

It is indeed the least played mode.
I agree with you. I like breakout, but just for playing a few minutes...

From the waypoint post:

"To close out the January 2016 Season, we’re taking the top community Breakout maps and throwing them into the Breakout playlist so you can find your favorites. Next week, you'll get to vote on your top choices, and the winning maps will be integrated into the February 2016 Breakout playlist along with the previous on-disc maps."

Ah so they're just adding some. If i understand that correctly. And hopefully it will all go back to the normal core-breakout VR-style maps afterwards.

How do they know this? ... i don't ever recall hearing about a voting option or whatever to see which ones are the 'top' community maps.

"To close out the January 2016 Season, we’re taking the top community Breakout maps..."

"Let's throw the first test bed of maps into that playlist no one plays", hah.

^yup

Not gonna play breakout just to see these maps. Sorry, not sorry.

How do they know this? ... i don't ever recall hearing about a voting option or whatever to see which ones are the 'top' community maps.

^yup

Not gonna play breakout just to see these maps. Sorry, not sorry.

They really should have built in some sort of poll system in the game itself, it seems obvious right?

Glass

Be interesting to see how these new maps play. Still think there's a lot of things to try with Breakout, maps which aren't so linear, removing the grenade starts etc.

But yeah, exciting to see community forge maps start working their way in.

They really should have built in some sort of poll system in the game itself, it seems obvious right?

You know, if there was something in the 'message of the day' section that pops up first, i totally insta-skip that everytime I load halo 5.

This is where i insert my UI suggestion :p

Haruko

Welfare

If someone quits a match before it even starts, that should be an instant one day ban. Just had that happen in Breakout, thankfully we still won.

jfoul

I just got matched up against a full group in warzone assault. Most of these dudes were sr 140+. I play a lot, and I'm 108.

Strider

Hey Frank, how do I get my map considered? ;)

They probably just picked whichever ones were most upvoted on sites like Reddit and ForgeHub. I'm sure they are browsing the gaf forge thread too but unfortunately that won't have as much traffic as some other sites.

I hope some gaffers can get their maps in MM at some point.

Welfare

Um, what? This Breakout game just ended out of nowhere. Like it was a disconnect, but no message of a server error.

Like the round ended, and it loaded into the Playlist area.

And in 343 fashion, even with 10 new maps, I still somehow get the same map in a row.

Fuchsdh

New maps seem fine. Some people in Breakout really don't get the concept of flanking though. Wasted one team with the same maneuver and went the match without dying.

JackHerer

I feel like the Plasma Caster is the one weapon that everyone can agree needs to be tweaked a little.

It's not terrible but it's not particularly attractive as a power weapon either. They could simply upgrade to one of the Warzone variants or they could shorten the charge time and/or buff the charged shot. Any number of things they could do. It's a cool weapon just kind of lackluster in performance.

Thanks for the link. So the light rifle is a 3 shot kill weapon when scoped? Interesting. Wasn't it the same in 4? Anyway, i got put in gold for slayer. Competition seems to be a lot more reasonable now that I've been ranked. Switched to BTB and immediately started having some good games though. Finally had what felt like a breakthrough game in btb strongholds. And a killing frenzy in a game before that.
8rGvAqC.png

playe d on Pylons, Canal, Havoc and Overpass so far. First two are way too busy. Overpass is way too big (which is funny because the author wanted to make it smaller but was like "fuck it").

Havoc's the best of those so far, although it's overtly simple.

Madness

Community Playlists are probably the one area where vote/veto needed more than anywhere else. Would give 343 instant feedback for what people really avoid or don't like.

BraXzy

Community Playlists are probably the one area where vote/veto needed more than anywhere else. Would give 343 instant feedback for what people really avoid or don't like.

Yeah it would be good to have for the community stuff. But then people might find a favourite and just keep going for that, giving other maps way less test time. Tricky one.

If the map rotation varied properly, it wouldn't be much of an issue :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom